• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The UFC fight that didn't happen you regret the most

Fedor vs Brock at cowboys stadium. Live fairly close so would of 100% attended it live.

Ha, you got me, I meant to say I wanted Randy v. Fedor over Brock v. Fedor
I would have loved to see Randy vs Fedor too.

I think Fedor would have been too much for him, but you can't count Randy out.

Same but figured the outcome would be the same depending on the banner. Under pride rules wand wins handily. Ufc chuck
In my opinion, Liddell having lost to Jackson by KO and then dropping a decision to Jardine, suffering a knockdown in the second round in the process, dramatically changed how he game planned for the Silva fight. Those uncharacteristic take downs Liddell executed (two I believe) were very surprising and helped him win rounds.

It is fun to imagine it differently lol

Prime andy vs gsp
gsp was too smart to not take the fight
cant really blame him

Wanderlie Silva vs Charles Liddell in their primes.
No kidding.
It could have been so perfect.

Fedor doesn’t get injured and enters the 06 Grand Prix. Wand doesn’t enter as a result and thus doesn’t get KOd by Mirko. Instead he makes one final defense against lil nog. The merge takes place with him as champion.

After beating Ortiz at UFC 66 the UFC showcases some business sense and doesn’t match him up with the guy who finished him last time the met in Rampage. Instead they see the huge fight potential between him and Wand and spend a few months just hyping the fight and giving the Iceman a little breather.

After defeating Eastman the UFC sets up a fight between Rampage and Tito for a title shot. Granted Tito had lost to Chuck twice at this point but he was still a marketable name who had history with both Wand and Chuck so a win over Rampage could allow the UFC to sell a potential rematch. And that’s the least sellable of the potential matchups.

It could have been so magical. Instead we got a UFC/Pride belt merger where the Pride champ had more fights in the UFC than the UFC champ.

Jones vs. Reyes 2 before Reyes' chin faded. Jones lost that fight and that was some of the worst judging I saw during that time period. A lot of people consider Jones the GOAT but he lost that fight and Reyes deserved a rematch immediately.

GSP/Khabib was never going to happen. Khabib tried his best to never move up weight while almost killing himself to make LW (not to mention the cheating on weigh ins). And GSP would never make LW. Fight was never gonna happen.

Now a legit fight that could have happened was GSP/Silva, but we all know GSP was scared of getting knocked the fuck out by Silva. So yeah, that fight was never going to happen either.

GSP vs Anderson
Sadly Anderoid Silvaseline ducked St-Pierre after making big claims that he would go down to WW (his natural weight class pre-steroids addiction) to take his belt 🤣🤣🤣
When GSP said "ok it's on" Silva then started to add a bunch of clauses and then refused to go down in weight and said that if GSP wants to fight him, it's a MW or nothing
_UCuDfHgeGVZOV9mg9c7754enKdN-UbsS4tcqNhNolE.gif
giphy.gif

Fedor v. Randy
Silva v Jones
Ngannou v. Jones (Dana's biggest botch IMO)

It's GSP - Khabib by a mile, and it would've been epic. Too bad Dana's ego prevented it because he was butt hurt about GSP not defending the MW title.

Rickson vs Sakuraba is the fight that bothers me the most , always will be
Ufc it’s gotta be Tony vs Khabib , but for whatever reason the gods would not let it happen , freaky how many times it was supposed to go down and didn’t

Fedor/Brock
GSP/Silva
Stipe/Jones(like 5 years ago)

Some great picks already.
Ngannou vs Black Beast

I would have loved to see Randy vs Fedor too.

I think Fedor would have been too much for him, but you can't count Randy out.
The thing with Randy was, and it helped him against some people, he was not afraid of taking a punch to get to the clinch. That could be devasting against Fedor. I think Brock could be like the first Coleman fight. Fedor would have to survive that initial onslaught. That first 30 seconds of the Mir fight is absolute brutal.

Khabib vs GSP
Khabib vs Ferg
Khabib vs anyone else he didnt get to and would have strangled into a living death

The thing with Randy was, and it helped him against some people, he was not afraid of taking a punch to get to the clinch. That could be devasting against Fedor. I think Brock could be like the first Coleman fight. Fedor would have to survive that initial onslaught. That first 30 seconds of the Mir fight is absolute brutal.
No it wouldn't have lmao. He eats a punch from Fedor and his old man body would fly apart like super ghouls and ghosts lmao

Cormier vs Bones at HW
Bones vs Ngannou
Rumble vs Bones
GSP vs Silva at MW

No it wouldn't have lmao. He eats a punch from Fedor and his old man body would fly apart like super ghouls and ghosts lmao
I think you need to reread my post. The first part is about Randy and the second part is about Brock.

Back