The tragedy that the Eagles wouldn't have made it in today's music industry

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
* MODS move to Mayberry, please.

I'm watching the amazing documentary on the Eagles on Netflix and sitting here thinking, "There is no way today's music industry would let a band grow, learn, mature, fail, fall, and rise" they way it did for bands like the Eagles. The loser is our society and culture.

Musicians like Tom Petty, and Journey needed time to live and experience things in order to become proficient artists. Today, it's all looks and even the sound and skill is demanded upon arrival for the record studios.

I hate the fucking Eagles, man

There are more opportunities today for artists and entertainers than have ever existed before. You don't need a record company or distributor to build an audience...it's much more about actual merit.

I'm watching the amazing documentary on the Eagles on Netflix and sitting here thinking, "There is no way today's music industry would let a band grow, learn, mature, fail, fall, and rise" they way it did for bands like the Eagles. The loser is our society and culture.

Musicians like Tom Petty, and Journey needed time to live and experience things in order to become proficient artists. Today, it's all looks and even the sound and skill is demanded upon arrival for the record studios.
The Eagles had a platinum album and 3 top 40 singles within a year of forming. It wasn't exactly a long, arduous journey for them. It was also a lot easier to sell albums and singles back then. That said, there are opportunities to make a TON of money touring these days, and ways to make money independently via streaming, social media, YouTube, etc. I do prefer the music from the 70s, late 60s, early 80s, though. The groupie scene before AIDS and political correctness was also fun as fuck. :p

Why cant they just come out once they have learned to be musicians even in today's industry?

The Eagles are pound for pound the most overrated band of all time. Henely sucks dicks off and you should legally be allowed to shoot any device that is playing Hotel California.

I hope you die a slow painful death
mtVqM.gif

The eagles fucking suck.

....except for "take it to the limit".

Whoever says eagles suck, obviously only heard like, 2 songs from the band....

As for the state of music, from 2000 on it is just getting worse and worse.... Hip Hop took the biggest blow of the ones that still exist obviously, Rock is nearly non existant, Metal also, Blues is dead for years, and all we have now is the same radio shit with literally 2 types of songs that all sound the same...

I liked this relatively new song for them; 2007.

The Eagles are pound for pound the most overrated band of all time. Henely sucks dicks off and you should legally be allowed to shoot any device that is playing Hotel California.

Boys of Summer is an awesome song though.

The eagles fucking suck.

....except for "take it to the limit".

Randy Meisner. Reportedly a super nice guy in real life.

The problem with the Eagles is over-exposure even today on classic rock radio. I stopped listening to the radio over a decade ago. Hotel California is a lot better when you haven't heard it in 5 years. American Pie is another song that if you take a 5 year hiatus, it becomes great again, except when Madonna sings it.

Joe Walsh.

/thread

You guys are all fucked in the head if you don't see what a cancer "British folk rock" is and the threat it presents to our children.

Mumford & Sons: come the fuck on.

Back