Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Grassley agreed to one more day to decide. Assuming that means “calendar” day (tomorrow) and not “business” day (Monday)

I am speechless if this true.

The only thing I'm hoping is that the vote happens regardless.

EDIT : Just saw the report on Foxnews. Jesus christ......

I am speechless if this true.

The only thing I'm hoping is that the vote happens regardless.

EDIT : Just saw the report on Foxnews. Jesus christ......
Maybe take the next few plays off and rethink what's going on here. Grassley knows what he is doing...there is s huge danger here for Republicans. She holds most of the cards and Kavanaugh continues losing public support...

Instead of balls, he has a brain...novel concept I know. All he can do is bluff.

Extension... until when?

When is he going to say 'enough with the indecisiveness and we're going to hold the vote on September ____.'

Then Dr. Ford is going to announce she'll like to testify, just hours before the vote, to delay vote confirmation even further.

This is going to become a circus.

Extension... until when?

When is he going to say 'enough with the indecisiveness and we're going to hold the vote on September ____.'

Then Dr. Ford is going to announce she'll like to testify, just hours before the vote, to delay vote confirmation even further.

This is going to become a circus.
The politics are basically out of Grassley's control at this point. Kavanaugh has awful approval ratings and is sinking fast.

She'll go in next week.

One other thing I'm betting on Liberals/Democrats haven't thought of.

Judges of Brett Kavanaugh's stature pride themselves on the reputation they've developed over the course of decades. The inside-scoop of his political positions is he's a moderate Republican, like Justice Kennedy who he's replacing. He probably wouldn't have the desire, or balls, to be the deciding vote in overturning RoeVWade if it ever would be brought up to the Supreme Court again.

However, this entire situation in which his reputation is being systematically destroyed thanks to the partisan Democrats on the Senate Committee, and the entire media judging him to be guilty, may be a game changer on his positions.

He may be a Supreme Court Judge that will use his power on the bench, and the deciding votes he would make, to take revenge on the Democrats and media that destroyed his reputation, in an attempt to keep him away from the judgeship he's earned over the course of a lifetime of public service. Some of the most high-profile cases in which the left have a HUGE interest in seeing go their way, won't, because they attempted to destroy his personal and professional reputation.

I'm not saying this is 100% legit. He may have the highest amount of integrity imaginable and make his rulings based on the law... or, he may not.

But I highly doubt Democrats and the media have considered this before making the final decision to take this Dr. Ford seriously.

The politics are basically out of Grassley's control at this point. Kavanaugh has awful approval ratings and is sinking fast.

She'll go in next week.

Yeah, thanks to the biased media coverage aimed at destroying him.

No, Dr. Ford's lawyer is going to corner a date to testify as close to the election date as possible.

And don't doubt the Democrats & Media are attempting to find ANY additional women to make new accusations as well.

Yeah, thanks to the biased media coverage aimed at destroying him.

No, Dr. Ford's lawyer is going to corner a date to testify as close to the election date as possible.

And don't doubt the Democrats & Media are attempting to find ANY additional women to make new accusations as well.
You guys need to stop with the media nonsense. Kavanaugh is not a good pick for the Supreme court, even McConnell didn't want him because he spent a chunk of his career working as a political operative alongside Laura Engram and Ann Coulter during the Clinton years.

The guy was chosen by Trump for obvious reasons. It's not that he's unqualified...he's just a bad candidate. Would be best for them to ditch him now and try to rush someone else through. Not sure there is time for that though

You guys need to stop with the media nonsense. Kavanaugh is not a good pick for the Supreme court, even McConnell didn't want him because he spent a chunk of his career working as a political operative alongside Laura Engram and Ann Coulter during the Clinton years.
So who would have been better, in your opinion?
The guy was chosen by Trump for obvious reasons. It's not that he's unqualified...he's just a bad candidate.
You need to qualify this statement with additional details.

Was he a bad candidate because he was chosen by Trump?
Would be best for them to ditch him now and try to rush someone else through. Not sure there is time for that though
Yes, I'm sure the Democrats would love this, because that's the entire point of the character assassination.

So who would have been better, in your opinion?

You need to qualify this statement with additional details.

Was he a bad candidate because he was chosen by Trump?

Yes, I'm sure the Democrats would love this, because that's the entire point of the character assassination.
There were easier to confirm candidates regardless of sexual misconduct allegations.

Trump clearly chose Kavanaugh (against the advice of McConnell) because of his favorable views on presidential power. Trump is first and foremost self serving.

The dems want control just like the Republicans. I'd have a little more sympathy if Merrick Garland hadn't been treated so ridiculously.

McConnell told Obama "You're not really the president, you don't have the normal rights presidents do".

So I guess that's what Senator Biden said to President Bush as well?

I'd love to see you flesh the Harriet Myers thing out and weave it into this.

Gimme a break.

Ridiculous deflection. Harriet Miers has nothing to do with this.

As Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Joe Biden advocated that SCOTUS nominees not receive hearings in presidential election years. That's exactly what the Republicans did to Garland. It's borderline unconstitutional, in my view. I'm just asking you to be consistent.

@andnowweknow

You might as well exit the discussion. You've basically admitted you want Brett Kavanaugh to get fucked over because, in your view, Merrick Garland was fucked over.

She'll go in next week.

Account bet that Kavanaugh is confirmed within a month.

he spent a chunk of his career working as a political operative alongside Laura Engram and Ann Coulter during the Clinton years.

Dude, you can't just make stuff up and expect it to get past my skeptical eyes.

Kavanuagh worked alongside Rod Rosenstein in the Office of Independent Counsel, which no longer exists. He was subordinate to Ken Starr and was a principal author of the Starr Report. He never "worked as a political operative alongside Ingraham and Coulter".

Have some honor and admit your mistake here.

Trump clearly chose Kavanaugh (against the advice of McConnell) because of his favorable views on presidential power.

I don't think that's clear at all. Most or all textualist-originalists are going to have a broad view of executive power because Article II of the US Constitution invests almost all executive power in the president.

Back