Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Hell, why not have all three testify in one day?

Dr. Ford
Kavanaugh
Judge

But I'm sure Democrat Senate Committee members would like to drag this past a week, and past the November elections if they could.

Dr. Ford has missed her deadline to accept her invitation to testify on Monday.
I agree, let's here all 3 the same day.

The dems are being politicians. Shocking. Both the dems and the reps are unbearable.

The Republicans are committing political suicide if they push this to a vote before the end of next week. The dems will just hold their own hearings with her and and all her witnesses and Anita Hill and crucify the Republicans.

They just need to wait until the end of next week and then they have political cover to tell her to kindly fuck off. Ok ne more week is irrelevant other than the fact Kavanaugh is falling hard in the polls ... now much more unfavorable.

Grassley 10pm deadline passes, and he ain't said shit. He has no choice.

You dont understand what's going on. This isn't a trial, it is a Senate hearing. You just can't lie to them and they are the ultimate arbiters of truth.

Yes, its obviously not a trial, I'm speaking about basic fairness on a civilized society.

You can't make an anonymous accusation at someone on the verge of being appointed to the highest court of the country, refuse to testify publicly, refuse the person who's reputation you seek to destroy to face their accuser....

...and expect your accusal to be taken seriously.

I'll try to explain this simply for you...when he goes and testifies, it is on record. If at any time in the future, 6 months, a year, he is contradicted...it's perjury. Ford and his attorneys don't have to prove anything. Any number of things can happen and lying to Congress is a horrible idea. I'm not even saying he's going to lie...I'm saying his letter is and was bereft of any meaning or consequence, whatsoever.
Good God man pick up your check and go home

So you think it's a trial? It's not.
You trust senators to be the arbiters of truth, however, you do not agree with their decision. You confused, playboy. Take your pills.

Yes, its obviously not a trial, I'm speaking about basic fairness on a civilized society.

You can't make an anonymous accusation at someone on the verge of being appointed to the highest court of the country, refuse to testify publicly, refuse the person who's reputation you seek to destroy to face their accuser....

...and expect your accusal to be taken seriously.
You're being very reasonable...I'm more interested in the politics. It's clearly not fair.

Here's what I think:
-reps need someone pushed through before midterms
-dems have an accuser they can use
-something probably happened, she probably sees it differently than him
-we are in such a climate where it can't be an unfortunate event/misunderstanding between kids, thus he has to deny
-the event probably messed her up mentally and she wants revenge, which explains her timing

I have a hard time believing there isn't some element of truth to what she is saying.

The dems are being politicians. Shocking. Both the dems and the reps are unbearable.

The Republicans are committing political suicide if they push this to a vote before the end of next week. The dems will just hold their own hearings with her and and all her witnesses and Anita Hill and crucify the Republicans.

They just need to wait until the end of next week and then they have political cover to tell her to kindly fuck off. Ok ne more week is irrelevant other than the fact Kavanaugh is falling hard in the polls ... now much more unfavorable.

The Republicans have actually been very kind in this situation.

They've delayed the confirmation vote for a week, and allowed time for negotiation to allow Dr. Ford to testify publicly.

But this can't be pushed on indefinitely, no matter how much the Democrats would love to.

If anyone wants more time to investigate this, they should blame Diane Feinstein, who recieved the letter from Dr Ford in late July, and sat on it throughout the hearings and never brought it up until the week of confirmation votes.

Amazing how she's not receiving any blame for this entire situation.

May I make a suggestion which would shut up this whole farce once and for all?

Here's my suggestion :

I would arrange for whatever date Ms Ford wants.

HOWEVER, I would have the Confirmation vote on Monday regardless.

Let's see how willing she(or rather her lawyer) would be to continue this farce WHEN JUDGE Kavanaugh is confirmed.

Bet you her lawyer suddenly says "For some reason, my client has retracted her accusation. Have a nice day". <TheDonald><TheDonald><TheDonald>

Simple, no?

You're being very reasonable...I'm more interested in the politics. It's clearly not fair.

Here's what I think:
-reps need someone pushed through before midterms
-dems have an accuser they can use
-something probably happened, she probably sees it differently than him
-we are in such a climate where it can't be an unfortunate event/misunderstanding between kids, thus he has to deny
-the event probably messed her up mentally and she wants revenge, which explains her timing

I have a hard time believing there isn't some element of truth to what she is saying.

There may be an element of truth in what she's saying, but its impossible to prove since she doesn't know where and when the assault occured, has no evidence if it occured or with who, and both the accused and 2nd witness she names denies involvement.

She says it was a house party, and the accused was drunk... so... had she been drinking at all? The distinct lack of detail she remembers of the situation may be because she was drunk as well, and doesn't know who assaulted her.

Eye witness testimony is the least reliable form of evidence.
Eye witness testimony from an incident a few weeks or months ago is even less reliable.
Eye witness testimony from an incident 37 YEARS AGO is laughable.
And now, with the cherry on top of it all, she probably had been drinking.

Everyone who believes Dr. Ford's letter, just wants to believe her, because she's the last-ditch desperate attempt to prevent Trump nominee being on the Supreme Court.

They're doing it Monday

There may be an element of truth in what she's saying, but its impossible to prove since she doesn't know where and when the assault occured, has no evidence if it occured or with who, and both the accused and 2nd witness she names denies involvement.

She says it was a house party, and the accused was drunk... so... had she been drinking at all? The distinct lack of detail she remembers of the situation may be because she was drunk as well, and doesn't know who assaulted her.

Eye witness testimony is the least reliable form of evidence.
Eye witness testimony from an incident a few weeks or months ago is even less reliable.
Eye witness testimony from an incident 37 YEARS AGO is laughable.
And now, with the cherry on top of it all, she probably had been drinking.

Everyone who believes Dr. Ford's letter, just wants to believe her, because she's the last-ditch desperate attempt to prevent Trump nominee being on the Supreme Court.

That's very charitable. I actually don't see an element of truth in her allegations. Not one detail of her story has been corroborated except for the fact that they had friends in common at the time. When you consider these facts in light of the timing of her allegations, her pattern of having hazy recollection when it comes to corroborating details, her political affiliations, the prevailing activist attitudes in the Liberal community, and the fact she's avoided subjecting her allegations to scrutiny, it's clear to me that she is lying. In other words, only a person who is not telling the truth would act in this manner.

jesus..... @WhiteMousse , you're killing me here.

When you said, they're doing it monday....Were you referring to the Vote? Or are the Republicans once again bowing down to this lying bitch of an attorney?

That's very charitable. I actually don't see an element of truth in her allegations.

I only mean 'the element of truth in her story,' to be there's no reason to disbelieve this happened to her.

Every other detail is up to question.

Grassley agreed to one more day to decide. Assuming that means “calendar” day (tomorrow) and not “business” day (Monday)

And how would the Ford team establish perjury? They can't.
There is a reason we put people under oath and that is because many people who will lie willingly while not under oath will not lie when they know there are consequences.

Almost certainly he has let Trump's team know he will not lie under oath and that is why they will not call him to testify. You can be certain if they knew he would say the same thing they would call him so it would be 2 against one in the testimony.

I call bullshit on that.

Grassley does not seem the type of person to TWEET. <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Maybe he has someone else tweet for him.

Back