The Sad Thing is Fans Will Forget All About This if Till Wins

To be fair, just cuz the fights sucked and time passed on the decisions doesn't make them any worse. Stephen might have performed worse overall, but he didn't deserve to lose either of those fights with how MMA is supposed to be scored.

Woodley and Wonderboy fought 10 rounds and Wonderboy won 6 of them.

HiBscF3.png

Thompson deserve to loss. Woodley drop him in both fights and he actually manage to make real damage to Wonderboy.

Just stop the woodley hate.

woodley-fight-finishing-power-1.gif

stephen-thompson-ufc-2051.jpg

Thompson deserve to loss. Woodley drop him in both fights and he actually manage to make real damage to Wonderboy.

Just stop the woodley hate.

woodley-fight-finishing-power-1.gif

stephen-thompson-ufc-2051.jpg
I'm not hating Woodley. He demonstrated he was the better overall fighter, showed that he'd be the most likely to get a finish, and dominated the parts of the fight he was winning. The problem is mma scoring. Those fights would have been the ones that, afterwards, we as fans would all go "See, something's wrong with the scoring and it needs to change" after Wonderboy won, but he still should have won. Unfortunately, round based scoring means the guy who wins the majority of the time is usually the winner, as opposed to overall effectiveness, and Wonderboy spent most of both fights edging out Woodley on every encounter until Woodley rocked him in the fucking face and almost killed him multiple times, and there were even several times the ref maybe even should have stopped it, but he didn't.

Wonderboy won like 70% of the overall 50 minutes. Problem is, his "winning" is like 60% him, 40% Woodley. Whereas, the 30% of the fight Woodley won was like 95% Woodley. So yeah, do the math on that, and you've got 56.5% - 43.5% in favor of Woodley. But until you can tell me what 3 rounds Woodley won in either fight, all your defenses sound like "Karate guy wasn't fun enough! Bad men need punishment for my time wasted!" Might as well just hop on the Nick Diaz logic-train of "but if there were time limits, I would have won." Too bad, there are.

I'm not hating Woodley. He demonstrated he was the better overall fighter, showed that he'd be the most likely to get a finish, and dominated the parts of the fight he was winning. The problem is mma scoring. Those fights would have been the ones that, afterwards, we as fans would all go "See, something's wrong with the scoring and it needs to change" after Wonderboy won, but he still should have won. Unfortunately, round based scoring means the guy who wins the majority of the time is usually the winner, as opposed to overall effectiveness, and Wonderboy spent most of both fights edging out Woodley on every encounter until Woodley rocked him in the fucking face and almost killed him multiple times, and there were even several times the ref maybe even should have stopped it, but he didn't.

Wonderboy won like 70% of the overall 50 minutes. Problem is, his "winning" is like 60% him, 40% Woodley. Whereas, the 30% of the fight Woodley won was like 95% Woodley. So yeah, do the math on that, and you've got 56.5% - 43.5% in favor of Woodley. But until you can tell me what 3 rounds Woodley won in either fight, all your defenses sound like "Karate guy wasn't fun enough! Bad men need punishment for my time wasted!" Might as well just hop on the Nick Diaz logic-train of "but if there were time limits, I would have won." Too bad, there are.
That's why you don't leave it in the hands of the judges. If Wonderboy wasn't so tentative then maybe he could have finished Woodley, or maybe Woodley would have slept him. Either way, no belt for Wonderboy if he's scared to bang. I don't think he'd get past RDA anyway.

this, its worse if wonderboy wins and then we all have the highly anticipated woodley wonderboy 3

I rather have till winning, but its inexcusable missing weight. I hope he makes 188 tomorrow. and if he beats him, he beats him impressively. but now he got fucked because depending on how he beat woderboy, he could have maybe fought for the title. now no one is going to trust on him making 170
What's the 188 about?

Don’t care because Madrid will win against Liverpool and even if Till wins doesn’t matter so much because he chunky, ps wasted

I have already forgotten about it.

That's why you don't leave it in the hands of the judges. If Wonderboy wasn't so tentative then maybe he could have finished Woodley, or maybe Woodley would have slept him. Either way, no belt for Wonderboy if he's scared to bang. I don't think he'd get past RDA anyway.
Again, that's just emotional response wanting punishment. "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges" is just the jaded way of not dealing with a problem that exists instead of going after that problem. What that logic does is attack a symptom rather than addressing a real issue because the issue is too constant for people to care about it. Poor judges were at fault for a bad decision. Poor scoring is at fault for fights like that where Wonderboy wins. But what you don't do as a 'fix' is set precedent for another problem by trying to create a 'work around' for the original one.

Look, I've said it a few times in this thread: I'd have been annoyed about the ruleset on judging criteria if Wonderboy won, but shitty judging doesn't cancel out shitty judging criteria. 2 wrongs don't make a right here. By all current standards, Wonderboy should have won and voting and polls reflect that.

Last edited:
Again, that's just emotional response wanting punishment. "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges" is just the jaded way of not dealing with a problem that exists instead of going after that problem. What that logic does is attack a symptom rather than addressing a real issue because the issue is too constant for people to care about it. Poor judges were at fault for a bad decision. Poor scoring is at fault for fights like that where Wonderboy wins. But what you don't do as a 'fix' is set precedent for another problem by trying to create a 'work around' for the original one.

Look, I've said it a few times in this thread: I'd have been annoyed about the ruleset on judging criteria if Wonderboy won, but shitty judging doesn't cancel out shitty judging criteria. 2 wrongs don't make a right here. By all current standards, Wonderboy should have won and voting and polls reflect that.
Judging is not a science. If the winner is chosen by numbers then the person who lands the most punches and kicks wins. The judges pick the winners. If a fighter doesn't want to get screwed by bad judges then they should finish their opponents. Wonderboy can cry all he want about how he won that fight, but the judges didn't see it that way and their words are the only ones that count. Your opinion isn't going to take away that L or put a belt on Wonderboy. You fight scared and you pay the price for incompetent judges. I don't have any pity for him.

Judging is not a science.
Therefore, there is no such thing as a bad decision. Gotcha

Or maybe? Maybe it isn't cemented, and you don't understand the difference between hard science and soft science. There are clearly rules and the judging is clearly guided. Things are outlined for the judges on how to do things. For instance, Bob Bennett, the Nevada Athletic Commission executive director said of Sal D'Amato's scoring of round 5: “The one judge that had it 10-8 — we went over it in the debriefing — and that 10-8 was unacceptable.” So judging can be unacceptable, regardless of your opinion that it's not a science.

Look, I understand that after time passes, people care less about what are essentially robberies, and I'm not being sore about it. What I'm saying is that, just because time passed on the robbery, doesn't mean wikipedia warriors can now look at the fight like it was some sort of domination and use it as evidence for their arguments, when analyzing those fights show it's really poor evidence.

Last edited:
Well, he'd have double the amount of top 15 wins that Colby has at that point

Therefore, there is no such thing as a bad decision. Gotcha

Or maybe? Maybe it isn't cemented, and you don't understand the difference between hard science and soft science. There are clearly rules and the judging is clearly guided. Things are outlined for the judges on how to do things. For instance, Bob Bennett, the Nevada Athletic Commission executive director said of Sal D'Amato's scoring of round 5: “The one judge that had it 10-8 — we went over it in the debriefing — and that 10-8 was unacceptable.” So judging can be unacceptable, regardless of your opinion that it's not a science.

Look, I understand that after time passes, people care less about what are essentially robberies, and I'm not being sore about it. What I'm saying is that, just because time passed on the robbery, doesn't mean wikipedia warriors can now look at the fight like it was some sort of domination and use it as evidence for their arguments, when analyzing those fights show it's really poor evidence.
GSP won, Jon Jones won and Woodley won. Deal with it. Leave it in the hands of the judges and you have to accept the consequences instead of crying about bad judging. There are bad refs and bad judges. A knockout or submission doesn't allow a robbery. Should've gone for the finish.

My favorite part is them making up another arbitrary weight to have to make

Weight classes clearly don't apply so why even have them

Yeah its funny though cause he claims to be the goat, lol to that, and yet can't even make weight. Hopefully he gets embarrassed in front of his home crowd and then he can be forgiven. Just not a fan of him pulling a Jon jones and fighting smaller guys. He might even be doing it worse than juice jones
Did jones ever miss weight? Jones is fighting “shorter” guys you bum. learn the difference, you think he weighs more than DC or gus or rampage etc he fought guys coming down from heavyweight. Everyone at 205 is ducking heavyweight though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back