The return of Slayer !

well, the last album I liked was Seasons... everything that came after that, with Hanneman or not, mostly suck
Live however... Saw them overall 4 times, 2 with and 2 without Hanneman. Last time was during the farewell tour and it was on par with the time I saw them on 2003 with a set including every song in Reign in blood, played in order. Gary Holt filled in admirably, I honestly don't think it is a big deal not having Jeff on the band for live shows. Same goes for Bostaph/Lombardo.
BTW Anthrax played on this farewell tour show (Obituary and Lamb of god completed the lineup) and they were awful. Like, unbearably bad.

Also: This comeback is super lame and not really looking forward to it. They had their chance to ride in the sunset with a fantastic farewell tour...

2003... Jagermeister Tour with Slayer headlining with Hatebreed and Arch Enemy? I was there.

2003... Jagermeister Tour with Slayer headlining with Hatebreed and Arch Enemy? I was there.
nah, it was in a festival in Spain. This one:
cartel.jpg

well, the last album I liked was Seasons... everything that came after that, with Hanneman or not, mostly suck
Live however... Saw them overall 4 times, 2 with and 2 without Hanneman. Last time was during the farewell tour and it was on par with the time I saw them on 2003 with a set including every song in Reign in blood, played in order. Gary Holt filled in admirably, I honestly don't think it is a big deal not having Jeff on the band for live shows. Same goes for Bostaph/Lombardo.
BTW Anthrax played on this farewell tour show (Obituary and Lamb of god completed the lineup) and they were awful. Like, unbearably bad.

Also: This comeback is super lame and not really looking forward to it. They had their chance to ride in the sunset with a fantastic farewell tour...
Yeah I saw them on the LOG tour and they were both shit imo. I'm kinda checked out on all heavy music at this point besides Clutch and High On Fire so maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon.

I imagine they will just stick primarily with doing festivals here and there, rather than a full tour. Tom Araya got burnt with touring, but he still has that itch. I'm gonna try and make it to the Aftershock festival to see them in Sacramento.

Kerry King also just announced his new band weeks prior to this, and Exodus just signed a new record deal for 3 albums with Napalm Records, so they'll be needing Gary Holt in the studio with them.

Don't expect Dave Lombardo back anytime soon. Kerry King just went on a rant about Dave being dead to him over the whole payment dispute years ago. He keeps himself very busy regardless. He's been crushing it with Mr Bungle.

I don't get the Anthrax hate. I saw them last year with Exodus and Black Label Society and they blew the fucking roof off. BLS was pretty lackluster to me however.

BLS and Exodus are waaaaay better than Anthrax :)

BLS and Exodus are waaaaay better than Anthrax :)
Exodus FOR SURE, even with dumbed down audio. BLS not even close. Their whole set was a Zakk Wylde masturbation session. Took that opportunity to go smash some drinks before Anthrax.

Exodus FOR SURE, even with dumbed down audio. BLS not even close. Their whole set was a Zakk Wylde masturbation session. Took that opportunity to go smash some drinks before Anthrax.

eFX_I4Nt_400x400.jpeg

BLS kicks ass. Ozzy didn't select Zakk as his 3rd guitarist for no reason.

eFX_I4Nt_400x400.jpeg

BLS kicks ass. Ozzy didn't select Zakk as his 3rd guitarist for no reason.
Zakk Wylde is obviously a good guitarist. I'm just not a big fan of their style of music. Also didn't help sandwiching them between two Thrash Metal legends. Going from Exodus playing in The Bay Area to BLS is a rough transition. I was also a bit griped that they gave Exodus shitty audio as the opener and then BLS came out with massive stacks. Should be the other way around.

Zakk Wylde is obviously a good guitarist. I'm just not a big fan of their style of music. Also didn't help sandwiching them between two Thrash Metal legends. Going from Exodus playing in The Bay Area to BLS is a rough transition. I was also a bit griped that they gave Exodus shitty audio as the opener and then BLS came out with massive stacks. Should be the other way around.

Was this when Rob Dukes was the singer or Zetro?

Zetro. This tour was just last year. The clip I posted above was from that show.

Anthrax_BLS_tour_2023.jpg

Ah, supporting their latest album Persona Non Grata. Cool beans. I would have been to this show if I weren't recovering from my knee surgeries...

Ah, supporting their latest album Persona Non Grata. Cool beans. I would have been to this show if I weren't recovering from my knee surgeries...
It was one of my favorite shows of last year. Well, top 5 at least and I went to over 20 of them. Exodus brought my friends 10 year old daughter up on stage and had her strumming Lee's guitar. That's the second time they've done that with her too. Those guys are awesome.

It was one of my favorite shows of last year. Well, top 5 at least and I went to over 20 of them. Exodus brought my friends 10 year old daughter up on stage and had her strumming Lee's guitar. That's the second time they've done that with her too. Those guys are awesome.

Gary Holt is a stand up guy. All of them are magnificent gentlemen. It fucking sucks what happened to Rick Hunolt, though. Drug addiction is a fucking bitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back