The return of Slayer !

triptych

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This is some real news !! It comes to no surprise to me though coz knowing Tom Araya's philosophy of life and rock, I just knew 100% Slayer's was a fake split !
A band like that would never have truly fallen apart even if they wanted to :):).
Slayer. Testament and Megadeth are 3 of my fav metal bands out there !Slayer.jpgPlaying-With-Dolls.jpgThreshold.jpg

Last edited:
Slayer died with Hanneman imo but will be nice for young guns to catch a reunion version. Saw them with Clutch and System of a Down as openers @ 9:30 Club many years ago. I grew up in clubs and it was easily one of the most brutal shows I've ever been to.

Slayer died with Hanneman imo but will be nice for young guns to catch a reunion version. Saw them with Clutch and System of a Down as openers @ 9:30 Club many years ago. I grew up in clubs and it was easily one of the most brutal shows I've ever been to.
Tom Araya IS Slayer .....he is probably the greatest metal frontmen out there after RJD. As long as Tom's there, Slayer will NEVER die :):)

Tom Araya IS Slayer .....he is probably the greatest metal frontmen out there after RJD. As long as Tom's there, Slayer will NEVER die :):)
I hear ya. I don't think you can replace Jeff or Tom and they'd still have Lombardo in a perfect world. Also, I dislike King. I have my reasons.

Who tf is rjd

Wait Ronnie James dio?

You think he’s the greatest metal frontman?

Who tf is rjd

Wait Ronnie James dio?

You think he’s the greatest metal frontman?

9K92gr.gif

Not sure if I like that "Reunion" after all that final tour etc. couple of years ago. Even the Crüe could sit out a little longer lol

I saw them with Megadeth and Anthrax awhile ago. Slayer played the whole Seasons in the Abyss album, and Megadeth played the whole Rust in Peace album.
Anthrax played, well, something.

I saw them with Megadeth and Anthrax awhile ago. Slayer played the whole Seasons in the Abyss album, and Megadeth played the whole Rust in Peace album.
Anthrax played, well, something.
Lol never liked Anthrax myself. Early Megadeth is legit though. Holy Wars is top 10 thrash tracks imo.

Last edited:
Lol never liked Anthrax myself. Early Megadeth is legit though. Holy Wars is top 10 trash tracks imo.

I was already disappointed that Anthrax was stepping in for Metallica for the one tour stop, but this was the return of Joey to Anthrax, so it shouldn't have been that bad.
But, Anthrax opened, and played 6 songs that no one recognized. Everyone was looking around like "wtf is this".
I got to meet Chuck Liddell at the concert, though. He was a nice guy, but he was fucked up (drugs/booze).

I was already disappointed that Anthrax was stepping in for Metallica for the one tour stop, but this was the return of Joey to Anthrax, so it shouldn't have been that bad.
But, Anthrax opened, and played 6 songs that no one recognized. Everyone was looking around like "wtf is this".
I got to meet Chuck Liddell at the concert, though. He was a nice guy, but he was fucked up (drugs/booze).
That's cool. Definitely worth it for coke era Chuck!

Would help though if Lombardo came back. Not that it would ever happen

For some reason Anthrax get a lot of shit, i'd take them over Metallica, although Slayer & Megadeth have always been my 1& 2 of the ''Big 4''

Slayer died with Prince.
He was always my favourite drummer.

<WhitmanDefeat>

Slayer died with Hanneman imo
well, the last album I liked was Seasons... everything that came after that, with Hanneman or not, mostly suck
Live however... Saw them overall 4 times, 2 with and 2 without Hanneman. Last time was during the farewell tour and it was on par with the time I saw them on 2003 with a set including every song in Reign in blood, played in order. Gary Holt filled in admirably, I honestly don't think it is a big deal not having Jeff on the band for live shows. Same goes for Bostaph/Lombardo.
BTW Anthrax played on this farewell tour show (Obituary and Lamb of god completed the lineup) and they were awful. Like, unbearably bad.

Also: This comeback is super lame and not really looking forward to it. They had their chance to ride in the sunset with a fantastic farewell tour...

Gary Holt has done a damn great job filling Hanneman's shoes. But I'm a huge fan of Exodus so I guess I'm a little biased here. RIP Hanneman

Back