The Real Mr Wrestlemania

Forgot about the Angle and Flair matches. The psychology in the Flair match was so awesome.
Just watched that match again the other night. The psychology makes that a fantastic match.

I'll take the guy whose main-evented the most WMs and took WWE from a regional territory to the most dominant promotion in the sport.

Taker is the WM GOAT. Shawn, Bret, Mach, Hogan, etc have all had more than their share of moments, though.
Taker hasn't main-evented the most WMs and he also has his fair share of stinkers.

shitty person aside, yeah Hulkster was Mania for a while, till they got sick of him and booed him but yeah can't look past at what he did

Taker hasn't main-evented the most WMs and he also has his fair share of stinkers.

Imagine if Mankind/Taker was at any Mania. It doesn't even have to be the HIAC match. Just put those two together.

Most of his best matches were outside of Mania, imo.

Taker's gimmick isn't mainstream enough for him to get top billing at most Manias. It has nothing to do with him not being over, not being a great worker, not having mic skills, etc.
He has been on the upper card of every Mania for the last quarter century, and worked with a who's-who of the industry during that span...HBK, HHH, Nash, Sid, Brock, Jake Roberts, Batista, Kane, CM Punk, etc.

Using main events as the sole metric is silly. Hogan stopped being over as a the top baby face around '90, but was booked for several more years as a the main event, including going over on Yoko at Mania 9 in 8 sec, which was an insult to every fan who paid to watch that event. That's not even getting into the fact that Hogan had essentially the same match with every heel in all of those main events. He was the guy the industry needed in the 80's, and possibly the most significant wrestler in the history of the business, but Mr. Wrestlemania he is not.

Taker's gimmick isn't mainstream enough for him to get top billing at most Manias. It has nothing to do with him not being over, not being a great worker, not having mic skills, etc.
He has been on the upper card of every Mania for the last quarter century, and worked with a who's-who of the industry during that span...HBK, HHH, Nash, Sid, Brock, Jake Roberts, Batista, Kane, CM Punk, etc.

Using main events as the sole metric is silly. Hogan stopped being over as a the top baby face around '90, but was booked for several more years as a the main event, including going over on Yoko at Mania 9 in 8 sec, which was an insult to every fan who paid to watch that event. That's not even getting into the fact that Hogan had essentially the same match with every heel in all of those main events. He was the guy the industry needed in the 80's, and possibly the most significant wrestler in the history of the business, but Mr. Wrestlemania he is not.
And yet it was Hogan who made more money than Taker and put 93000 people in the Pontiac Silverdome. #BestForBusiness

Cena/Rock 1 made the most money.

There's that.

I don't give a a fuck what his record is most his mania matches are the drizzling shits
lol look at this guy being a marky mark like Bret and thinking records like that actually mean something.

Ur throwing shade at @gspieler and not me right ? Either way fuck both of u Bret hart forever
My bad, just him. He wants to act like HBK was better for business than Hogan.
I love Bret too but you have to admit he's WAY too much of a mark for himself. "Austin ranked above me all-time? Well he never beat me in a match!"

Only one better for business was the guy who brought WWE back from the brink of CM Punks run.

<{smellit?}>

I love Bret too but you have to admit he's WAY too much of a mark for himself. "Austin ranked above me all-time? Well he never beat me in a match!"
He's had a prominent role, and been a draw, in 24 separate Mania's. In several instances, his match was the most anticipated on the card, despite not being booked as the ME. That was the point.

Oh, and quote me where I said HBK was better for business than Hulk. All I claimed was that booking Hogan as the top baby face after app. '90 was not best for business. Inspite of that, Hogan still got booked on top at Mania, and the business suffered as a result. Mark.

He's had a prominent role, and been a draw, in 24 separate Mania's. In several instances, his match was the most anticipated on the card, despite not being booked as the ME. That was the point.

Oh, and quote me where I said HBK was better for business than Hulk. All I claimed was that booking Hogan as the top baby face after app. '90 was not best for business. Inspite of that, Hogan still got booked on top at Mania, and the business suffered as a result. Mark.
Business suffered because Hogans would be replacements couldn't cut the mustard brother.

Dude leaves and they almost go out of business....Fact.

As an HBK nuthugger I have to say obviously hogan + WWE prints money. But u know HBK is as legit as they get

Back