The rare signature moves of fighters

Also… any gifs of the fancier sweeps?
Well, let's start with the first one I listed being the tornado sweep. It involves inverting from half guard and then penduluming your opponent over, which was popularized in BJJ a decade ago by Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu:

Here is a video of Cyborg demonstrating the sweep mechanics:

This is one of Tom Breese's main sweeps that he uses. I can't find any gifs, but here is a video of him going for it in grappling competition:

If you want to see Breese do it in MMA, watch rd3 of his fight vs Keita Nakamura. He launches Nakamura with it with 1:25 left in round 3. Breese also attempted it against Brendan Allen with 1 minute left in rd1.

Another guy I have seen go for it is Marcin Held, who hit it against Rich Clementi from the standing position (timestamped):

For the benefit of others, let's list off some signature submissions:

Ude gatame: Michihiro Omigawa
Ezekiel choke: Alexei Oleinik
Scarf hold: Alexei Olenik
Scard hold armlock: Ayaka Miura
Gogo choke: Ben Rothwell
Von flue: OSP
Anaconda from arm in guillotine: Makwan Amirkhani
One arm RNC: Demian Maia
D'arce from front headlock: Tony Ferguson
Braulio Arm triangle: Gregor Gillespie
Jokertine/Mutante guillotine: Cezar Ferreira/Jack Hermansson
North south choke: Jeff Monson

Chuck Liddell's overhand right.

It might not be the most cool looking punch, but I remember just how effective it was. He would continuously back up (he was notoriously hard to take down), and then on the back foot he would whip that overhand right, over the outstretched arms of the opponent, landing it perfectly and clipping them

It is one of the coolest looking punches ever actually.

After rewatching Barboza vs Yosuff it occurred to me no one will throw a wheel kick like Barboza. It's been in his wheelhouse his whole career. He hurt Khabib and FKL with it. No one could forget the Etim KO. Only others who seem to rock with it are maybe Sandhagen and Wonderboy. But nobody owns it like Edson

Any other examples?
Jones picograms and eye pokes. Mcgregor left hand nobody can't take this left hand shot. 4oz gloves.

Khabib gnp. Chuck over hand right. Cro Cop head kick. Gaejthe ko and back flip celebration. Trt h bomb. Gsp TD and 25min nap. Honda arm bar. Aljo faking injured.

And Mikey Goldberg "it's all over." <Moves>

The Matrix Silva

Silva+Griffin+1.gif

I remember Forrest said in his book he wouldn't fight him again with poisoning him 1st. Very humiliation post ko. Brutal. Huge Forrest fan girl.

I’ll go with something that won’t get posted, a surprise if you will!

200.gif

The pivots of Jose Aldo. And of course.. the leg kicks :eek:

tumblr_nz7ux0TgEX1ry1rm7o1_500.gif

Can’t talk about Aldo without mentioning the leg kicks. Awesome!
If Aldo never found soccer or MMA man would have been a dancer. One of the more graceful fighters in the sport.

Back