• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

THE PUNISHER Netflix Series (Season 2 Premiering Jan. 2019)

If you have seen THE PUNISHER season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally finished the series. Wow! Amazing! Damn! Voted great - 9/10. Time to read this whole thread.

Btw Ive gotta admit its amazing when you know nothing about the characters, their backgrounds, spoilers etc. I had no idea about the Jigsaw thing about the very end. Now I remember months ago I read that they were gonna introduce him already, but fortunately I had forgotten.

EDIT: Well thx for killing the HYPE from watching the crazy, superb final episodes. Gotta admit at first it was dragging a little. Still - 9/10. Also, you are little messed up for craving and enjoying violence. I dont care about violence. But boy did they make it count with all the stories leading up to the finale. Big time moments.

Last edited:
I can say this as someone who has never really seen another Punisher movie or read a comic.

I gave it a 7-8 or so. I liked it and it had some awesome suspense and some CRAZY violence (sledge hammer, last few episodes). I thought it was a bit slow moving at time, but then again, I didn't/don't know the backstories all that much so it might have made more sense or had more emotion/investment if I did.

So for me it was a complete standalone mini-series. Again, great action, Jon did an amazing job as did Micro and Billy. The female cop is insanely hot. She's like a combination of Halle Berry and someone else....can't place the name.

25498444_1607203839318872_7458313696315904343_n.jpg

Halfway through the show, pretty solid. All the females are smoke shows too.

Loved that scene. You can tell it also fucked him up mentally as he knows he's the pretty boy and now he is just a shmuck. Frank should have ethered him though.

Loved that scene. You can tell it also fucked him up mentally as he knows he's the pretty boy and now he is just a shmuck. Frank should have ethered him though.
I get why Frank didn't though.

He even asks Billy before Agent Orange starts beating him if it was always just about the money, cars, and girls and Billy said yes. There's another clip too between them where Frank asks Billy if it's only about quantity and not quality. Billy was a vain motherfucker and taking away his looks will do to him what Frank losing his family did to him.

I get why Frank didn't though.

He even asks Billy before Agent Orange starts beating him if it was always just about the money, cars, and girls and Billy said yes. There's another clip too between them where Frank asks Billy if it's only about quantity and not quality. Billy was a vain motherfucker and taking away his looks will do to him what Frank losing his family did to him.

I get that, but out of future purposes, i'd rather not have a powerful enemy to deal with again. The guy was good, can't deny it. Every opportunity is another to die, i'd have finished him to avoid a future threat.

Just started watching the show last night. Heard it was kinda lame and slow. But damn I'm loving it. Just finished the episode where he gets framed. I definitely plan on finishing it today.

just finished this and i had to give it a 10. i loved watching it from beginning to end.

i never much cared for the punisher, and this show made me a fan.

Last edited:
I get that, but out of future purposes, i'd rather not have a powerful enemy to deal with again. The guy was good, can't deny it. Every opportunity is another to die, i'd have finished him to avoid a future threat.

this is one of the points where the fact that this is a marvel comics show plays a role in the outcome. he's a recurring character in comics, and with the personal connection they've created for him with Castle, a really good one to keep around.

Im like 5 episodes in and god damn is this slow and cliche. I wanted to like this and think the guy they got for the punisher is perfect but yeeesh....i could do with out the constant back and forth between uninteresting side characters.

Im like 5 episodes in and god damn is this slow and cliche. I wanted to like this and think the guy they got for the punisher is perfect but yeeesh....i could do with out the constant back and forth between uninteresting side characters.

i honestly dont get how anyone sees this a slow. the show keeps moving. and so much better than any of the other offerings, including daredevil

i honestly dont get how anyone sees this a slow. the show keeps moving. and so much better than any of the other offerings, including daredevil

because they sit around and talk

and talk and talk

and talk some more

and the dialogue between the characters makes it hard to want to stay focused on the story because its terrible for the most part.

Im fine for developing the character beyond a crazed wrecking machine but the show is poorly balanced between the two.

because they sit around and talk

and talk and talk

and talk some more

and the dialogue between the characters makes it hard to want to stay focused on the story because its terrible for the most part.

Im fine for developing the character beyond a crazed wrecking machine but the show is poorly balanced between the two.

its not just a shoot em up story and a shoot em up character.

there's planning and re planning to be done. plus backround to create, and insight into the psyche of all these characters that have to constantly deal with "right" and "wrong" choices.

this is a story about military people and militiary intelligence people. what else could you possibly expect in watching this?

its not just a shoot em up story and a shoot em up character.

there's planning and re planning to be done. plus backround to create, and insight into the psyche of all these characters that have to constantly deal with "right" and "wrong" choices.

this is a story about military people and militiary intelligence people. what else could you possibly expect in watching this?

i know its not and i just said i had no problem with adding this to the punisher but its executed in a very poor manner. The character interactions are dry and cliche.

It just hit me: Season 2 Jigsaw (or his cronies) kill Curtis the Corpsman and probably a group of vets at the group bringing Frank back in the game.

I'm hoping it's not Micro's MILF....

Yeah I know. No way his family stays safe when Billy Boy comes back.....so he needs to either put them in hiding to team with Frank (unlikely) or they get offed

Curtis is the only black guy on the show, so i think he's safe for a while.

and the family is safe because its still a Marvel Universe show. they aren't gonna have of get to know that family this much and then kill them. we only got to know Frank's a little after they were already dead. i don't see that happening

i know its not and i just said i had no problem with adding this to the punisher but its executed in a very poor manner. The character interactions are dry and cliche.

i'd like to let it go as a difference of opinion, but dry? no way. you gotta be salty about something else because there's just no way.

After the dragging episode 6, I stopped and put the show down the queue.

I stalled out on it too. Started off really promising, enjoyed the first episode the most; then it quickly got bogged down in a lot of modern soldier PTSD stuff that felt really cheesy to me, not impactful, and most importantly, did not feel Punisher-y. Microchip doesn't feel right either. I stopped after a few episodes. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back