The PRIDE fandom is Ridiculous here

Yeah, and that is an extremely good reason to say that somebody beats someone else. I can't think of a better argument in this case; somebody who has competed at the top level is almost entirely certain to defeat someone who never did, this is just a fact of any sport in existence. It's not civil because you're flat out lying and using straw man arguments. You have not provided any video evidence nor any eye witness testimony; the only video I could find was grainy footage of Rickson vs Rigan long before the BJJ boom. And eye witness testimony is not even a legitimate form of argument, especially when that eyewitness is extremely biased and full of urban legend worship. Everything I have provided contains facts and statistics. I have clearly shown how Sakuraba has handled top fighters of his era, while Rickson didn't defeat a single legitimate contender without extreme stipulations and severe injuries. This is MMA, not BJJ.

Not only that, but I showed that the talent pool during Rickson's BJJ dominance was minimal, as it was limited to an absolutely minuscule portion of Brazilians. MMA, from it's beginning, was widely available to people around the world. It's delusional to think that a guy who never competed against top MMA fighters could just waltz into MMA and beat one of the best LHWs of his era, especially one who was known to handle some of the best BJJ grapplers of that era. That's pure insanity and illogical. Your claim was that people are stupid for thinking that Sakuraba would handle Rickson, yet all the evidence shows that it's really the only outcome that any sane person would bet on.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rickson-gracie-faq.1062118/

Read that thread cause I'm done arguing.

Also let's not forget
Rickson Rolled with Royler (one of the Greatest competitive BJJ players of all time) at a pride event and tapped him 3 times in mere minutes (YouTube it.)

Wait I had not seen this post, you're referring to the self-defense demonstration with the knives and stuff in which they submitted each other a bunch of time to get the audience warmed up?
It was a beautiful demo (the kind of things that made PRIDE great) but I've always been under the impression that it was this, a simple exhibition of Gracie JJ with a predetermined outcome, not a real competitive grappling bout.

It's like if Fedor fans claimed that he tapped Shinya Aoki in 2 minutes & Gegard Mousasi (lasted longer IIRC) in these (also beautiful) M-1 grappling exhibitions and used them to praise Fedor.

I never considered any of these 3 demonstrations as real bouts and assumed there was a determined outcome.
If you or someone else could refresh my memory that would be swell...
I'm not trying to start a flamewar, apparently we will have to agree to disagree about Rickson vs Takada II, but it's not like it's a huge deal anyway.

(I'm not even a Gracie hater, I was there live for both fights between Daniel Gracie and Wes Sims, I loved these Team Gracie vs. Team Hammer House small events, been to a bunch of them and was never disappointed.
+ Renzo is one of my favorite old school fighters)
But I have a wrestling background so I'm not gonna pretend to be a BJJ expert. So if one of you connaisseurs could help me out with these 3 exhibitions bouts legitimacy that would be great.

Wait I had not seen this post, you're referring to the self-defense demonstration with the knives and stuff in which they submitted each other a bunch of time to get the audience warmed up?
It was a beautiful demo (the kind of things that made PRIDE great) but I've always been under the impression that it was this, a simple exhibition of Gracie JJ with a predetermined outcome, not a real competitive grappling bout.

It's like if Fedor fans claimed that he tapped Shinya Aoki in 2 minutes & Gegard Mousasi (lasted longer IIRC) in these (also beautiful) M-1 grappling exhibitions and used them to praise Fedor.

I never considered any of these 3 demonstrations as real bouts and assumed there was a determined outcome.
If you or someone else could refresh my memory that would be swell...
I'm not trying to start a flamewar, apparently we will have to agree to disagree about Rickson vs Takada II, but it's not like it's a huge deal anyway.

(I'm not even a Gracie hater, I was there live for both fights between Daniel Gracie and Wes Sims, I loved these Team Gracie vs. Team Hammer House small events, been to a bunch of them and was never disappointed.
+ Renzo is one of my favorite old school fighters)
But I have a wrestling background so I'm not gonna pretend to be a BJJ expert. So if one of you connaisseurs could help me out with these 3 exhibitions bouts legitimacy that would be great.
No when they started legitimately sparring Rickson went 3-0 tapping him each time.

Back