The perfect fight strategy for Stipe

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Face it, Stipe was looking old and slow even before retiring a couple years ago, he's going to be even worse now.

So since he has no chance to win, he should just focus on humiliating Jones.

I think he should come out and intentionally look old and confused. Just awful, like he doesn't belong in the cage with anyone. Jones will win but everyone will shame him for calling out an old retired fighter.

Stipe needs to come out punching like this:

bernie-sanders-fighting.gif

punching-happily.gif

Yeah, going to go with no.

Stipe is still a bad man and I think he puts up a good fight... certainly a much better one than Gane did.

Agreed. Now I might look dumb after the fight for saying this but it's not like Jones is gonna put him down with one shot. Also, it's not like Jones will easily take him down and even if he does, Stipe isn't going to wander into an easy submission within 2 minutes or get pounded out right away.

Stipe probably wins in a straight boxing match, definitely would in his prime, but of course this isn't boxing so I still think Jones wears him down and finds a finish in the 3rd or so but Stipe still possesses enough power that Jones can't be reckless and is still a good enough wrestler and grappler that Jones won't be able to ragdoll him, at least not without wearing him out first.

Face it, Stipe was looking old and slow even before retiring a couple years ago, he's going to be even worse now.

So since he has no chance to win, he should just focus on humiliating Jones.

I think he should come out and intentionally look old and confused. Just awful, like he doesn't belong in the cage with anyone. Jones will win but everyone will shame him for calling out an old retired fighter.

Stipe needs to come out punching like this:

bernie-sanders-fighting.gif

punching-happily.gif
If he wants to win, Stipe needs to wear some goggles Kareem Abdul Jabbar style

168248736.jpg.0.jpg

There's still more question marks with jones at heavyweight than there are with stipe imo

Jones quick 3 nano second submission of a zero ground game gane cloaks a bit of deception around his abilities at the weight. Let's see if fat jones can go more than 1 round being that heavy, or taking a legit heavyweight shot from stipe.

If stipe can take this fight beyond round 2 jones is in trouble.

Yes stipe hasn't fought in 2 years but with all due respect to gane, jones hasn't had a 'fight' in 4 years

it seems like most people apart from some fans and Jones himself have completely written Stipe off like the result is a foregone conclusion.
I'm not a Jones fan anymore but he's no dummy; he knows how dangerous Stipe can be. thats why i think he's being respectful partially - out of caution. Stipe's gonna be the hardest puncher apart from Rampage that Jones has ever fought.

TS is hilarious though.

We've got to go back Marty!

images

Just immediately wrestle like he was doing when fighting Ngannou

Perfect Strategy for Miocic?
Show up, Collect paycheck, Go home to his loving family.

He did not look old at all, he looked great even though he got KO'd. Stipe can win anyway he wants. I'd say if hes at a distance, he could get picked apart other than that, he has all the advantages.

as an old man I kinda of object to the TS's OP but I do like the premise of the thread.

To be honest i think Stipe needs to be Rocky Balboa to Jon's Apollo Creed, just punch body body body body.....Keep it on the feet, no kicks, no over extending for the killer head shot, let Jon step forward and counter shots to the body body body, Push him to the fence, body body body. Try and keep the distance close and take away the kicks, explosiveness and speed advantage Jon will have. Lean on him against the fence, lean on him in the clinches and body body body shots..Stuff any takedown shots and save your own energy by not missing wild haymakers up high, hit the ribs, solar plexus, love handles, tramp stamp, belly button, chafe up his nipples, basically attack anything above the belt but below the chin....if that works well and he gets it into the latter rounds, hope Jon's hands have come down and then body body body HEAD.

as an old man I kinda of object to the TS's OP but I do like the premise of the thread.

To be honest i think Stipe needs to be Rocky Balboa to Jon's Apollo Creed, just punch body body body body.....Keep it on the feet, no kicks, no over extending for the killer head shot, let Jon step forward and counter shots to the body body body, Push him to the fence, body body body. Try and keep the distance close and take away the kicks, explosiveness and speed advantage Jon will have. Lean on him against the fence, lean on him in the clinches and body body body shots..Stuff any takedown shots and save your own energy by not missing wild haymakers up high, hit the ribs, solar plexus, love handles, tramp stamp, belly button, chafe up his nipples, basically attack anything above the belt but below the chin....if that works well and he gets it into the latter rounds, hope Jon's hands have come down and then body body body HEAD.

Great 500th post Toasty! But what about Jon's strategies to win this? glad you asked----long range kicks mostly to the legs to further slow old man Miocic down. lotta jabs up high early to get his attention up high defensively. Make it so Stipe needs to come forward to stop eating long kicks and jabs and try to time a takedown. If you get it to the ground, don't focus on submissions, just maintain control, make ancient Stipe burn up his gas tank carrying you and trying to get back to his feet while eating ground and pound for 3 or 4 minutes of the first round. rinse and repeat

Last edited:
Back