The Only Wang Chung Master To Fight in the UFC

Wing Chun doesn't work well as a striking martial art, but this video isn't a fair proof of that, because a boxer, kickboxer, or muaythai would have lost the same way to the BJJ fighter.

This was proven back in UFC 1.

I thought it was going to be about Andy Wangs golden award:

wangaward3.jpg

Golden Wang vs Golden Frieza is the real true super fight between two legendary life forms!

Not going to bother reading them, but i can guarantee any comments on that video read like :

"that's not real wong chang, a real wang chong guy would have slipped the take down using kimchai-agiri and cut off his nerve endings with a knife hand dart strike".

"most woung choung moves are designed to kill people in the streets, not under fake controlled mma rules."

Are you suggesting a true Wong Chang master wouldn't have severed at least 12 arteries in less than 3 seconds with a kimchi-garry and knife hand dart strikes?!

Because I've seen some cartoons while I've been on acid that suggest otherwise good sir.

Wing Chun doesn't work well as a striking martial art, but this video isn't a fair proof of that, because a boxer, kickboxer, or muaythai would have lost the same way to the BJJ fighter.

This was proven back in UFC 1.

Was it BJJ that helped him win... or was it his opponent knowing nothing about fighting and being about as athletic as a sack of potatoes?

I know guys that have never taken BJJ in their lives who would've looked at that guy and immediately game-planned "take him down, get on top of him and punch his face off, in 30 seconds or less".

Was it BJJ that helped him win... or was it his opponent knowing nothing about fighting and being about as athletic as a sack of potatoes?

I know guys that have never taken BJJ in their lives who would've looked at that guy and immediately game-planned "take him down, get on top of him and punch his face off, in 30 seconds or less".

True, some people who have never taken BJJ or wrestling would have went for a takedown based on pure instinct, but without BJJ or wrestling training, most likely they would not have known how to pass half guard, proceed to side mount, and then move full mount like Beneteau, who made it looked easy.

Beneteau also has a legit wrestling background.

most likely they would not have known how to pass half guard, proceed to side mount, and then move full mount like Beneteau, who made it looked easy.

He didn't make it look easy, it was easy. Can you note any resistance offered that would've required a technique to overcome? It wasn't BJJ that taught him the secrets of how to go from the side of the fat guy who wasn't fighting back, to on top of him. It was common sense.

Back