The Only Wang Chung Master To Fight in the UFC

Not to be confused with Wang Chung the sound the guitar makes and how they named that band....really

Not going to bother reading them, but i can guarantee any comments on that video read like :

"that's not real wong chang, a real wang chong guy would have slipped the take down using kimchai-agiri and cut off his nerve endings with a knife hand dart strike".

"most woung choung moves are designed to kill people in the streets, not under fake controlled mma rules."
Actually, no, no one has said anything like that.

Damn it, you had me fooled there you scoundrel.

In disbelief I checked the comments, only to have my worst fears confirmed.

"My master is 282-0"

"i fought a wrestler, avoiding the takedowns and landing practice shots on his target areas at will. I could have used full force if not for the limitations of the sport"

Fucking hell, its like the early UFCs where all these bum martial arts died never happened.

Too bad Bruce Lee wasn't alive then. He would've beat all of them.

The closest fighter in the UFC who have any real wing chun training is probably Saunders, anderson and Lando.

Anyone know off hand who the Silat fighter was back in the earlier UFC?

Chi Sao is amazing for close up drills. Really gives a good feel for the flow of movement.

Last edited:
The closest fighter in the UFC who have any real wing chun training is probably Saunders, anderson and Lando.

Anyone know off hand who the Silat fighter was back in the earlier UFC?
Only Silat mma video i could find.

To be fair he wasn't a real representative of the style. I personally think it's bullshit and mostly useless but I'd be happy to be proven wrong at some sifu gym. Ip man was a bad mother fucker but I think it was more In spite of wing chun.

waylon you just wanted to make a thread with wang in the title

waylon you just wanted to make a thread with wang in the title
zJ04b.gif

I can't believe that didn't work! Wing Chun is supposed to be lightning fast, efficient, and incredible potent at close range.

It was lightning fast, efficient, and incredibly potent at close range... For his opponent.

And if wing chun were really any of those things there would be the slightest shred of evidence by now. But there is not.

To be fair the same thing would have happened to a pro boxer in early ufc. Strikers didn't know much about defending against subs or takedowns.

The bjj guy went for a takedown asap and got side control.

#Respect to the Pioneers.... Who knew that a skinny guy with BJJ would prove to be the best...

Till they pull this shit off I aint impressed...

Back