***THE OFFICIAL SANCTIONED JOSHUA/POVETKIN RBR THREAD 9/22 1PM ET ON DAZN AND SKYSPORTS***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a primarily mma fan I was looking into dazn for the bellator fight and saw this...

Is this expected to be exciting? I’ve never seen Joshua fight, but thinking of starting my dazn sub now for this
Buy it. Joshua fights are nothing short of a spectacle with unparralleled production value.

And this will be a good fight. Styles makes fights. I feel this ends mid rounds by ko

Just looking at the odds for a Joshua KO victory and Ladbrokes are offering 25 to 1. Can't believe the odds are that high. I may well have to take that one.

EDIT just looked at the bookmakers site and I can't find those odds. Fuckers are always doing that....
Just found it, a promo offer and is a free bet paid in free bets, for joiners only.

The vbookie link above (post #11) has the "approximate" odds. Joshua by KO is .44, so if you bet $100, you win $44 and get $144 back. Something in that neighborhood, anyway.

As a primarily mma fan I was looking into dazn for the bellator fight and saw this...

Is this expected to be exciting? I’ve never seen Joshua fight, but thinking of starting my dazn sub now for this

Povetkin is getting a little long in the tooth, but he can hit so it would be worth watching if you were already going to sign-up for MMA, I'd say. I saw $9.99/month but first month free. I'm not paying DAZN, but if you're interested:
https://watch.dazn.com/en-US/boxing/

Povetkin is getting a little long in the tooth, but he can hit so it would be worth watching if you were already going to sign-up for MMA, I'd say. I saw $9.99/month but first month free. I'm not paying DAZN, but if you're interested:
https://watch.dazn.com/en-US/boxing/
Nah, I have to draw a line. I love boxing but it shouldn't take a new financial commitment for me to watch every semi interesting fight that gets signed.

Nah, I have to draw a line. I love boxing but it shouldn't take a new financial commitment for me to watch every semi interesting fight that gets signed.

I'm with you. It's essentially headed towards making everything PPV, in a sense. I was debating on GGG/Canelo 2 when I saw the thread about the online codes from the Tecate giveaway or whatever. Bought a code off eBay for $10 and watched in HD on my desktop CPU. It was nice, if not ideal (no DVR to re-watch and I was in an office chair as opposed to my couch). But I'm not signing up for this, ESPN+, or any of the other ones. I could even handle a one-time flat charge of $15 or something for a card like this, but I'm not signing up for an ongoing monthly subscription and all that crap.

Anybody know which particular SkySports it is on?

I'm with you. It's essentially headed towards making everything PPV, in a sense. I was debating on GGG/Canelo 2 when I saw the thread about the online codes from the Tecate giveaway or whatever. Bought a code off eBay for $10 and watched in HD on my desktop CPU. It was nice, if not ideal (no DVR to re-watch and I was in an office chair as opposed to my couch). But I'm not signing up for this, ESPN+, or any of the other ones. I could even handle a one-time flat charge of $15 or something for a card like this, but I'm not signing up for an ongoing monthly subscription and all that crap.
The problem with these sports apps is that I don't really care for other sports. What am I paying for? 1 fight and 10,000 soccer events a month that I don't give a shit about?

The problem with these sports apps is that I don't really care for other sports. What am I paying for? 1 fight and 10,000 soccer events a month that I don't give a shit about?

Exactly. That's what has been killing me about cable for years. I pay for HBO and Showtime solely for boxing. I never watch movies and have never even seen any of their series---back to Sopranos.

Anybody know which particular SkySports it is on?
Pretty sure it'll be sky sports box office.

Exactly. That's what has been killing me about cable for years. I pay for HBO and Showtime solely for boxing. I never watch movies and have never even seen any of their series---back to Sopranos.
I like some stuff on HBO and use HBO GO quite a lot but I'm pretty much the same. I'd drop satellite TV all together if it weren't for boxing.

Pretty sure it'll be sky sports box office.

Thanks! Is that a premium one or a PPV one, or just one of the options? I think I get a SkySports package and hoping to catch it there as opposed to some crap stream.

I like some stuff on HBO and use HBO GO quite a lot but I'm pretty much the same. I'd drop satellite TV all together if it weren't for boxing.

I'm going to cut the cord by end of next month. I've had enough of the bill. I'm a tech dinosaur, but my kids are now all teenagers and assure me I won't miss any boxing as long as we have internet. lol

16 cards a year every bellator event. Live and on demand. Plus a bunch of other shit.

Imo it's not bad..

Thanks! Is that a premium one or a PPV one, or just one of the options? I think I get a SkySports package and hoping to catch it there as opposed to some crap stream.
Be ppv brah. But search for sky sports box office channel. There are always streams though.

16 cards a year every bellator event. Live and on demand. Plus a bunch of other shit.

Imo it's not bad..

It's not the worst, but it's just that in combination with every other similar model it adds up. Plus, it encourages more of it.

It's not the worst, but it's just that in combination with every other similar model it adds up. Plus, it encourages more of it.
I get that. But there will be more and more put on it. They have a bunch of great fighters on their books now.

I would deffo take the free trial. And if there is anyone that can make this work it is Eddie Hearn.

Imo it's not bad..
I'm OK with how its been. I'm not OK with every good fight being a launching pad for some 10 dollar a month sports app that I don't really want.

Can't believe povetkin is still relevant.

I'm pulling for him, most likely Joshua gets another highlight KO win.

I'm OK with how its been. I'm not OK with every good fight being a launching pad for some 10 dollar a month sports app that I don't really want.
I think this is a start. Im not being funny but the us market is absolutely raped for ppv revenue. If Eddie can get to the point of producing ppv worthy cards on a pay monthly model then I see it having a great future.

Although you guys get go see the best cards at prime time, paying 80 dollars for a single ppv would irk me. I feel your pain with the cost of just being a boxing fan but I think you're thinking of this backwards.

Eddie wants to succeed. He will do this by appeasing his market audience.

I think this is a start. Im not being funny but the us market is absolitleu rsped for ppv revenue. If Eddie can get to the point of producing ppv worthy cards on a pay monthly model then I see it having a great future.

Although you guys get go see the best cards at prime time, paying 80 dollars for a single ppv would irk me. I feel your pain with the cost of just being a boxing fan but I think you're thinking of this backwards.

Eddie wants to succeed. He will do this by appeasing his market audience.
Thats the start of me being a youtube boxing fan then. I just won't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back