***THE OFFICIAL SANCTIONED JOSHUA/POVETKIN RBR THREAD 9/22 1PM ET ON DAZN AND SKYSPORTS***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it. I'm hoping for the reason of cost cutting that it takes off.
100 bucks a month for TV is a lot. 10 bucks a month for one boxing event is worse, especially when no one else in my household will have any use for the app. I'll just watch it illegally and everyone loses.

When does this barn burner start in Merica!!!!?

When does this barn burner start in Merica!!!!?

1PM ET, but seems like the main will be closer to 5PM. I think it said they would walk at 4:45/4:50 PM ET.

100 bucks a month for TV is a lot. 10 bucks a month for one boxing event is worse, especially when no one else in my household will have any use for the app. I'll just watch it illegally and everyone loses.
I do feel your pain on that. And as a consumer if be wary of false promises and bull shittery. Honestly though I really think they're going to make this the Netflix of the sports world.

Time will tell i guess. Just to ask as i gemuinely dont know. You would get cards like this on hbo etc does it mean you won't have to pay ppv? I thought sky were bad but tv seems to cost unholy amounts in the USA?

I do feel your pain on that. And as a consumer if be wary of false promises and bull shittery. Honestly though I really think they're going to make this the Netflix of the sports world.

Time will tell i guess. Just to ask as i gemuinely dont know. You would get cards like this on hbo etc does it mean you won't have to pay ppv? I thought sky were bad but tv seems to cost unholy amounts in the USA?

Cable (with HBO and Showtime and a large selection of 100 channels or more) and high-speed internet runs about $200/month, here. Includes a home phone line. Spectrum. Internet alone is $70, I've learned. HBO and Showtime (and ESPN and others) have a lot of "free" cards included, but the big fights are always PPV, which is an additional $85 or whatever that month, taking you towards $300 with tax.

Cable (with HBO and Showtime and a large selection of 100 channels or so) and high-speed internet runs about $200/month, here. Includes a home phone line. Spectrum. Internet alone is $70, I've learned. HBO and Showtime (and ESPN and others) have a lot of "free" cards included, but the big fights are always PPV, which is an additional $85 or whatever that month, taking you towards $300 with tax.
That's a ridiculous amount of money. I get where you're coming from.

Anyways. Styles make fights and if this goes longer than 8 I'll eat my hat. I feel this is gonna be like the wlad fight. Alexander is robust and will try to take him out. Though it will leave him open to be put down. I think Joshua puts him down around then.

Cable (with HBO and Showtime and a large selection of 100 channels or more) and high-speed internet runs about $200/month, here. Includes a home phone line. Spectrum. Internet alone is $70, I've learned. HBO and Showtime (and ESPN and others) have a lot of "free" cards included, but the big fights are always PPV, which is an additional $85 or whatever that month, taking you towards $300 with tax.
damn, you are overpaying, they currently have it for 109.97 a month that includes HBO, Showtime and ESPN, or cut the cord.
Just my opinion since I don't know your situation

16 cards a year every bellator event. Live and on demand. Plus a bunch of other shit.

Imo it's not bad..
It’s more than 16. 16 US Matchroom cards, 16 UK Matchroom cards, World Boxing Super Series cards, and anything else they can win a bid for. I’ve read the plan is for 50 boxing events a year. In addition to that you have Bellator and Combate Americas. I wouldn’t be surprised if they added other organizations if the audience is there.

The only question is: how is the quality of the stream? I watched Bellator last night on my TV and it looked great. Sharp image and no buffering or freezing. When I tried to watch some of the stuff in their vault this morning on my laptop, the image kept freezing,playback was choppy. Not really an issue with me because I’d rather watch on TV but for some people can be an issue.

For me it’s a good deal. However, I cut the cord about 20 years ago and only pay for one other streaming service - Shudder - which costs me $4.17 a month. If you have cable I can see how the extra $10/month would be a dealbreaker

damn, you are overpaying, they currently have it for 109.97 a month that includes HBO, Showtime and ESPN, or cut the cord.
Just my opinion since I don't know your situation

Already talked to them. Only way to get the preferred rate is new customer, cut the cord for 30 days and you qualify as new. I explained that when I unhooked the three boxes and cut the cord, I wasn't coming back. Give me it now and I stay. No dice. Their model is now to raise it as high as they can and then hope you just roll over or stick around. I was on-site at an office and the guy was nice told me about the disconnect trick and admitted the model because I was calm and reasonable, I guess. But it made me more determined to cut the cord, to be honest. Fuck 'em.

Thanks meng!

TBH I had forgotten that was a thing :(
All in on Joshua straight win.

Povetkin has serious pop, and I believe a slight speed advantage, so if he manages to catch AJ admiring his work, it could be a big upset.

So is 1 PM EST the start of the Joshua/Povetkin fight or the start of the event?

I won’t be back in time to watch it..shoot

I like Sergio Mora and the rest of the broadcast team so far.

Just a heads up, @PHATV, the first post has been updated and submitted for hosting on the main page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back