***THE OFFICIAL SANCTIONED JOSHUA/POVETKIN RBR THREAD 9/22 1PM ET ON DAZN AND SKYSPORTS***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHATV

Boss Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Be here or be square. Card starts at 1PM ET, main event walks around 4:50PM ET.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joshua-vs-povetkin-fight-card-13273050

anthony-joshua-and-alexander-povetkin-cropped_1pqbh5aciiaq1cli65n0re2gc.jpg

WBA, WBO, IBF Heavyweight Championship: Anthony Joshua (21-0, 20 KOs) vs Alexander Povetkin (34-1, 24 KOs)

Lightweight: Luke Campbell (18-2, 15 KOs) vs Yvan Mendy (40-4, 19 KOs)
Cruiserweight: Matty Askin (23-3, 15 KOs) vs Lawrence Okolie (9-0, 7 KOs)
Heavyweight: Sergey Kuzmin (12-0, 9 KOs) vs David Price (22-5, 18 KOs)
Welterweight: Shakram Giyasov (4-0, 3 KOs) vs Julio Laguna (14-0, 10 KOs)
Welterweight: Chris Kongo (9-0, 6 KOs) vs Petar Alexandrov (2-3, 1 KO)
Light Heavyweight: Dana Zaxo (2-0, 2 KOs) vs Tony Bilic (1-14, 1 KO)

Weigh-in results
Heavyweight: Anthony Joshua (246.5) vs Alexander Povetkin (222)
Lightweight: Luke Campbell (134.6) vs Yvan Mendy (134.7)
Cruiserweight: Matty Askin (199.8) vs Lawrence Okolie (199.3)
Heavyweight: Sergey Kuzmin (244.6) vs David Price (265.4)
Welterweight: Shakram Giyasov (143.2) vs Julio Laguna (142)
Welterweight: Chris Kongo (149.8) vs Petar Alexandrov (151)
Light Heavyweight: Dana Zaxo (181.4) vs Tony Bilic (182.8)

Odds as of 1:00 PM ET
joshua povetkin odds.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm picking the upset here, but AJ likely wrecks him if I were wagering.

Joshua 246
Povetkin 222

I picked the upset too. IDK I just have a feeling at one point in the fight AJ wants to prove a point and makes it a brawl and gets caught with one of those left hooks.

Picked AJ. I'll take him by UD. Povetkin is a durable vet. I think he'll test AJ at times during the fight.

Picked AJ. I'll take him by UD. Povetkin is a durable vet. I think he'll test AJ at times during the fight.

Same here, but I also think he might look his age and really get worked, but there is no doubt he has a puncher's chance, here.

I am going with a quick KO ,
Everyone will say it was a dive

I don't think Povetkin can hit Joshua hard enough to KO him. AJ takes a late KO or decisive decision.

Same here, but I also think he might look his age and really get worked, but there is no doubt he has a puncher's chance, here.
I didn't realize Povetkin just turned 39. Joshua will be 29 next month so that is a 10 year difference and Povetkin's style doesn't age well. Still, he's the second most experienced opponent of Joshua's career next to Wlad and he is dangerous. I think Joshua will keep him at bay and look to meet him with the uppercut when he level changes to try and get inside, and when he does get inside, tying him up to force a reset (unless the ref allows them to work there often, remember in AJ's last fight against Parker neither were allowed to work inside). We could see tighter footwork from AJ to hold the center ring better and some back foot work to create more space to work while making Povetkin's inside game that much harder to impose.

Here are some more details. Thread title should show Sky Sports too. Not sure what Now TV service is for the UK but it probably should be listed as well. The card starts at 12:30 p.m. Eastern Time according to ESPN (says it starts at 5:30 p.m. BST which is 12:30 p.m. Eastern).
What time does it start and how can I watch?

The card is set to commence from 5:30 p.m. BST with the main event likely to start some time after 10 p.m. local time, five hours ahead of the East Coast.

For U.S. viewers, the fight will be aired on DAZN in what will be the first fight streamed on the service.

In the UK, the fight will be shown live on Sky Sports Box Office at a cost of £19.95. Sky subscribers can buy the fight online or through their box. Non-Sky customers can also book and stream the fight via the Sky Sports website, Now TV service or Sky Sports Box Office App.
Joshua-Povetkin: What time does it start? And how can I watch?

Last edited:
Povetkin by KO. If he can whether the storm early, as I believe Joshua is going to try and make a statement and Povetkin is a slow starter, Povetkin will win this fight. Joshua has shown against Parker that he's willing to exchange on the inside, against his best interest, and that's a recipe for disaster against someone like Povetkin who has far superior handspeed and movement. Povetkin hasn't had troubles landing his left hook and he shouldn't have problems landing it against Joshua.

AJ early KO. Provet will show his age and walk into something heavy. AJ not going show him any respect.

Povetkin is going to get destroyed. Cant wait.

Povetkin by KO. If he can whether the storm early, as I believe Joshua is going to try and make a statement and Povetkin is a slow starter, Povetkin will win this fight. Joshua has shown against Parker that he's willing to exchange on the inside, against his best interest, and that's a recipe for disaster against someone like Povetkin who has far superior handspeed and movement. Povetkin hasn't had troubles landing his left hook and he shouldn't have problems landing it against Joshua.
I am not sure where you saw Joshua exchange with parker on the inside when that ref would not let that happen.

Just looking at the odds for a Joshua KO victory and Ladbrokes are offering 25 to 1. Can't believe the odds are that high. I may well have to take that one.

EDIT just looked at the bookmakers site and I can't find those odds. Fuckers are always doing that....
Just found it, a promo offer and is a free bet paid in free bets, for joiners only.

As a primarily mma fan I was looking into dazn for the bellator fight and saw this...

Is this expected to be exciting? I’ve never seen Joshua fight, but thinking of starting my dazn sub now for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back