***The Official SANCTIONED Adrien Broner vs Jessie Vargas RBR Thread 9PM EST Showtime***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least Broner calmed down a little. I suppose I can have a little hope for him if he can win a rematch. Vargas looked good early, but faded late. Broner let him off the hook a lot by not throwing when he should throw.

Broner needed his jab to disrupt Vargas' rhythm, but it was Vargas the won the jab battle.

@Seano I'm going to need you to transcribe what this guy said for me.

Different culture, tough to translate.

ohboy.gif

seeing the way broner calms down immediately shows just how imbalanced he is. he definitely needs to be on some sort of medication as his attitude does a 180 in a matter of seconds. unfortunately, he is gonna erupt like that one of these days and the outcome is not going to be positive

Can't bitch about that card, I'll say that. Enjoyed it immensely.

Broner seriously needs to work on his defense and fire those combos and get out of the pocket before the counter punches start coming back and quit waiting for someone to fall, or stagger.....

Also go to the body more.

seeing the way broner calms down immediately shows just how imbalanced he is. he definitely needs to be on some sort of medication as his attitude does a 180 in a matter of seconds. unfortunately, he is gonna erupt like that one of these days and the outcome is not going to be positive
For sure. No way he doesn't end up in jail or dead.

Broner seriously needs to work on his defense and fire those combos and get out of the pocket before the counter punches start coming back and quit waiting for someone to fall, or stagger.....

Also go to the body more.
He’s so talented but he fights so godamned lazy in spurts . I think he throws one punch at a time to conserve energy as he Doesn’t have best stamina and mentally he checks out at times . With his partying lifestyle before fights , I think unfortunately that this is the best we’ll get from Briner . He Doesn’t use fight camps to sharpen his tools , he uses his fight camps as a fat farm to lose the fat he gained from too much booze , women , yayo , mdma and Vegas buffets.

Good fight, i thought vargas won but the draw was fair.

He’s so talented but he fights so godamned lazy in spurts . I think he throws one punch at a time to conserve energy as he Doesn’t have best stamina and mentally he checks out at times . With his partying lifestyle before fights , I think unfortunately that this is the best we’ll get from Briner . He Doesn’t use fight camps to sharpen his tools , he uses his fight camps as a fat farm to lose the fat he gained from too much booze , women , yayo , mdma and Vegas buffets.

He could of won this fight so easily it's not funny and he was winning these type of fights against these type of fighters when he first started, but like you said his training camp is a fat farm losing weight, instead of sharpening his skills and stamina, but next time in the rematch he doesn't balloon up and gets his ass right back in the gym doing sparring and footwork and attacking and stepping over in the pocket slipping punches and skipping out of the pocket quickly after his combination punching and then quick attacks to the body. Floyd was doing this all night against Canelo, quick combos and counter punching and a quick skipping out footwork and Canelo would just swing for air.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Canelo Alvarez - Highlights (Mayweather SCHOOLS Canelo)

He could of won this fight so easily it's not funny and he was winning these type of fights against these type of fighters when he first started, but like you said his training camp is a fat farm losing weight, instead of sharpening his skills and stamina, but next time in the rematch he doesn't balloon up and gets his ass right back in the gym doing sparring and footwork and attacking and stepping over in the pocket slipping punches and skipping out of the pocket quickly after his combination punching and then quick attacks to the body. Floyd was doing this all night against Canelo, quick combos and counter punching and a quick skipping out footwork and Canelo would just swing for air.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Canelo Alvarez - Highlights (Mayweather SCHOOLS Canelo)

. He’s got sooo much raw talent and he’s tough ...but yeah . I think unless he has some major spiritual life change or sumthin , he’s always gonna fight like this . Giving away rounds to lesser talents for no good reason . Even his fucking corner was BEGGING him to turn it up . He was looking at them disinterested . He could have been another Floyd . Instead I think the future will not be kind to The Problem .

Thats how I feel about Charlo

I was rooting for Broner, although his personality is grating. I have been following him on ESNews lately, and he seems like a decent guy with alot of demons.

Charlo was the clear star of the night though - that is a scary dude. He talks so much shit, but he can back it up. I still think Danny Jacobs and GGG beat him though.

I was rooting for Broner, although his personality is grating. I have been following him on ESNews lately, and he seems like a decent guy with alot of demons.

Charlo was the clear star of the night though - that is a scary dude. He talks so much shit, but he can back it up. I still think Danny Jacobs and GGG beat him though.
Charlo legit fights out of anger, and makes it work

Back