***The Official SANCTIONED Adrien Broner vs Jessie Vargas RBR Thread 9PM EST Showtime***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PHATV

Boss Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Four-division world champion Adrien "The Problem" Broner (33-3, 24 KOs) returns to the ring to face all-action brawler Jessie "The Pride of Las Vegas" Vargas (28-2, 10 KOs). Plus, undefeated champ Jermall Charlo (26-0, 20 KOs) takes on contender Hugo Centeno Jr. (26-1, 14 KOs) in a 160-pound showdown and knockout artist Gervonta Davis (19-0, 18 KOs) squares off with Jesus Cuellar (28-2, 21 KOs) in a quest for the super featherweight title. Live from Brooklyn's Barclays Center.

Broner vs. Vargas
Saturday, April 21, 2018
April 21, 2018 at 9 PM on SHOWTIME
http://www.sho.com/sports/fights/1542/broner-vs-vargas

Adrien-Broner-Jessie-Vargas-banner.jpg

30 minutes, gentlemen!!!

(and I use that term LOOSELY)

Who decided on the catch-weight of 144? Never heard of that weight before.

Who decided on the catch-weight of 144? Never heard of that weight before.

Not sure, but I'm assuming Broner. I'm not sure he can legit make 140 without being near-death as he is getting older, now. You've seen his father, right? Not that it means everything, but the guy is like 5'4" 400 pounds.

So the 69 tamagachi beef with broner was fake?

I'm not surprised.

Lol Paulie is getting fat. Petey ain't keeping him away from the pasta

Davis needs a big performance here or I can honestly say I'll never want to watch him fight again. He was just abysmal last time I saw him, really embarrassing performance.

Not sure, but I'm assuming Broner. I'm not sure he can legit make 140 without being near-death as he is getting older, now. You've seen his father, right? Not that it means everything, but the guy is like 5'4" 400 pounds.

For the Garcia fight Broner said he made 140 easy because it was the first time he ever ate healthy and he supposedly was walking around in the low 140's for a couple weeks. Who knows though.

My sound is a bit sketchy so far on Spectrum Showtime. Anybody else?

Anyone can pm me a stream? Really want to see the Davis fight.

For the Garcia fight Broner said he made 140 easy because it was the first time he ever ate healthy and he supposedly was walking around in the low 140's for a couple weeks. Who knows though.

he was also trained in colorado for that fight and never claimed injury

unless he had an off night, that is probably the best adrain broner that we will ever see.

Davis needs a big performance here or I can honestly say I'll never want to watch him fight again. He was just abysmal last time I saw him, really embarrassing performance.

I only watch Davis hoping he gets knocked out.

He was down pretty low early for that one, but REALLY worked at it for a while, I think. Like a longer-than-normal cut process. I don't know for sure. It may just be lack of discipline, but he's obviously a different animal at 140. Or was, anyway.

Lol, this Tank Davis & Broner training together montage is cracking me up. Two of the biggest boneheads in all of boxing pretending like they are super dedicated. I'd say they both need to stay away from each other.

Liking this showtime free trial with these 3 fights tonight BOOM.

this fight should tell us a lot about Davis. Pretty interested in this fight. Never thought much of Cuellar but Davis doesn't seem special either.

this fight should tell us a lot about Davis. Pretty interested in this fight. Never thought much of Cuellar but Davis doesn't seem special either.

Davis seems like a less-talented version of Broner to me (personality wise, not style). I was talking about that with JayE, and he disagreed and thought Davis was more talented. I honestly haven't seen it so far.

Back