The Official Fifa World Cup thread v5: We go Agane

Would you rather

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably shouldnt be as drunk as i am at this time of the day

DarkMeaslyAmurstarfish-max-14mb.gif
brilliant

Heard some old alcoholic rambling on about how Maradona was a far better player than Messi ever was in a cafe other day up in Big Bear. Spouting proper faceplant shit.

Was itching to destroy the twat but my Mum was at the breakfast table & she dont like bully's so i kept stum.

Good catholic boy, me.

Like Ronaldo9 people look back with tinted glasses somewhat. Obviously amazing players, but look at their careers they won about 3 major club trophies each.

10 CL / la Liga is far more indicative of a successful career than 1 WC, for example.

A WC should be seen as a cherry on top of your cake......and if the cherry is the best part of the cake you need to find a better baker.

How has the tournament been so far? Sister, niece & my mum have logged considerably more minutes shopping in Sephora than i've managed watching WC.

Caught about 20mins of Eng vs Tunisia first half at an Irish bar in Huntington Bch but a buncha old mates showed up from a pub i used to hang out at in 90's so i got distracted catching up with them all.

Was Lingard as bad as it looked?

Been fun but the quality hasn’t been great, imo. All the minor teams have set up defensively understandably, and the big guns have struggled.

I expect when the chuff is cut and we get giants colliding we will see better games.

Been fun but the quality hasn’t been great, imo. All the minor teams have set up defensively understandably, and the big guns have struggled.

I expect when the chuff is cut and we get giants colliding we will see better games.
Argentina vs. Croatia was a pretty scrappy and cool game with a lot on the line already. Plus obviously Spain vs. Portugal. The epic games will happen later in the tournament in the KO rounds, no doubt.

Cool to see Mourinho managing all the minor squads at the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back