The Official Fifa World Cup thread v5: We go Agane

Would you rather

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just enjoy them both while we still can.

Also, we all know Jese is the true GOAT.
Oh I enjoy Missi when he is ON, I just also happen to enjoy bashing him when he is not. So in a way I get more enjoyment from Messi lol.

I have never seen Maradona play live, how could I judge him?
<{Ray1}>

I love when people younger than me call him the GOAT yet they never saw him play live either and their opinion is mostly based on low quality old YouTube 10 minute HL of their best runs and goals.

Same with Johan Cruyff and Pelé.

Great points and I obviously have been critical of CR7 the last several years but mainly because he is a Madrid player and a diver. He is a legend for sure. I thoroughly enjoyed him at Utd when he was a more complete player. Hes a better goalscorer now but does rely more on his teammates getting him the ball in his positions. At Utd he was a complete player and a pure joy to watch(minus the diving).

Both guys should be enjoyed because in 5 years when we dont have either(or at least at their peaks) we will speak on how much we miss the days of Messi/CR7. Everywhere you look it's always a battle of comparisons of the two. It's rare to have a talent like each guy, much less both, in the same generation.

I think we live in a time where everything and everyone must be compared and broken down. Hell, look at twitter and FB, when a post about jordan or LeBron(without the other guy mentioned) is put up and the entire comments section is a battle between who is better and how the other guy is trash and both are broken down at every single level. Jordan hasnt played in 20 years and those comparisons still happen.
Honestly think it's fine for you La Liga hardcore's to discuss Messi vs CR7. You've watched 'em both play every other week for the last decade or so. It's fun to read & even educational at times.

It's the ex player pundits on UK TV & the professional Twitter fans of Prem clubs that need to stfu. Cunts dont have a scooby.

Heard some old alcoholic rambling on about how Maradona was a far better player than Messi ever was in a cafe other day up in Big Bear. Spouting proper faceplant shit.

Was itching to destroy the twat but my Mum was at the breakfast table & she dont like bully's so i kept stum.

Good catholic boy, me.
You should see the sports bar here on the cruise ship. It's madness. Colombians, Argentinians, Brasilians, Croatians, French, Spanish, Portuguese etc...The Mexicans were freaking lit after they beat Germany and partied all night at the Latin nightclub.

I thought there were going to be some fights but surprisingly I havent seen any.

I knew you'd pop up, brother Rawex. I could make a film out of the amount of thuggery and fass behaviour Ramos has displayed. I'd want him on my team, but he's a knob.

Anyway, don't you have a pint of vodka to drink?

<DisgustingHHH>
Yes you want him in your team and dont want him on the other team.

Sure why not, you think it helps Nigeria winning?

Fucking c'mon Lads

Also big up Gunny

It's the ex player pundits on UK TV & the professional Twitter fans of Prem clubs that need to stfu. Cunts dont have a scooby.
You have obviously never heard of El Chiringuito.

Spanish pundits are basically walking talking memes.

DaLiiyJX0AAW36F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn that would have been a beautiful fk

You should see the sports bar here on the cruise ship. It's madness. Colombians, Argentinians, Brasilians, Croatians, French, Spanish, Portuguese etc...The Mexicans were freaking lit after they beat Germany and partied all night at the Latin nightclub.

I thought there were going to be some fights but surprisingly I havent seen any.
Had there been serbs and croatians, a fight would been a done deal.

Nah the last week disqualifies him from any talk of entering the inane GOAT discussion, clearly.

Love the 4 king football tourists who base their entire knowledge on a month every 4 years (where players are playing in alien environments).
How has the tournament been so far? Sister, niece & my mum have logged considerably more minutes shopping in Sephora than i've managed watching WC.

Caught about 20mins of Eng vs Tunisia first half at an Irish bar in Huntington Bch but a buncha old mates showed up from a pub i used to hang out at in 90's so i got distracted catching up with them all.

Was Lingard as bad as it looked?

Fucking love the Icelandic clap, creates proper atmosphere

How has the tournament been so far? Sister, niece & my mum have logged considerably more minutes shopping in Sephora than i've managed watching WC.

Caught about 20mins of Eng vs Tunisia first half at an Irish bar in Huntington Bch but a buncha old mates showed up from a pub i used to hang out at in 90's so i got distracted catching up with them all.

Was Lingard as bad as it looked?

This thread turns into a shit show during the world cup lol

Can't figure out if Nigeria's shirt is ugly or brilliant. Anyway, I'm raising my horn for Team Thor vs Team Athletic and Explosive in this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back