Wistfull With A Fist-Full
@Silver
Reaction score
Now that the old guard is almost gone..
With the like of:

de-niro-a-life.jpg

AP_72020101661479427082.jpg

Jack-Nicholson.png

These great actor have had their day .. as brilliant as their careers have been and the memories and unforgettable characters they created .. its time for the new blood ..

For me the new blood comes in these shapes ..

Robert Patterson
The Rover
Goodtime
Robert-Pattinson-Donald-Trump.jpg

Colin Farrell
The Lobster
In Bruges
The Killing of a Sacred Deer
20-colin-farrell-killing.w600.h315.2x.jpg

Ryan Gosling
Drive
Blade Runner 2048
Place beyond the pines
ryan-gosling-cannes-2013-garticle.jpg

Can anyone else add to the new breed?

Not exactly young but hopefully we get more of Sam Rockwell in decent roles in the future as a neo Nick Cage.

Not exactly young but hopefully we get more of Sam Rockwell in decent roles in the future as a neo Nick Cage.

yeah he is almost a fringe actor .. but he picks good movies to be in..

Jake gyllenhaal, another great actor it seems .. picks really good different movies.

gyllenhaal-jumbo.jpg

Movies sucks nowadays

These wannabe pretty boys are garbage

Movies sucks nowadays

These wannabe pretty boys are garbage

Not sure they actually wanna be pretty .. i think there pretty in reality .. you dont find that many mainstream ugly actors.. its par for the course people like symmetry

Michael Fassbender
Eden Lake
The Snowman
michael-fassbender-romantic-comedy.jpg

Honestly I tend to think the era around the late 90's and 00's was a bit of a strange time in that the big new wave names(De Nero, Pacino, Hoffman, Hackman, Ford etc) dropped off but not that many alternatives(DDL, Cage) stepped up top fill their shoes.

Honestly I tend to think the era around the late 90's and 00's was a bit of a strange time in that the big new wave names(De Nero, Pacino, Hoffman, Hackman, Ford etc) dropped off but not that many alternatives(DDL, Cage) stepped up top fill their shoes.

Yeah you're right, maybe Tom Cruise, Stallone and Arnie? can you put Stallone and Arnie in this same category? im not sure.

I think you're going to see a lot of good work from Hugh Jackman. He's getting to the age where he's too old to play action star, and he's rich enough that he can pick only good movies to be in.

Also Christian Bale.

I think you're going to see a lot of good work from Hugh Jackman. He's getting to the age where he's too old to play action star, and he's rich enough that he can pick only good movies to be in.

Also Christian Bale.

Yeah both excellent, loved prisoners, and thought his performance in Logan was a career best.

Good picks .

Back