The new breed actors ..

The current young best actor for me is Miles Teller

He had my attention with Whiplash, and then this year, in two movies I really enjoyed "Thank you for your service" and "Only the Brave"

Not sure they actually wanna be pretty .. i think there pretty in reality .. you dont find that many mainstream ugly actors.. its par for the course people like symmetry

Gosling isn't that symmetrical

MV5BMTQzMjkwNTQ2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTQ4MTQ4MTE@._V1_UY317_CR18,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Put his case forward, he started of pretty good with Bronson.. but has he elevated since then?, i like him but not sure if hes yet in the same league, what do you think?

I thought Hardy put in the best performance in the Revenant.

These are my top 10. @BisexualMMA @Jackie Blue @splendica @Zer

Tom Hardy
Mads Mikkelsen
Ryan Gosling
Daniel Kaluuya
James Franco
Jared Leto
Paul Giamatti
Matthew McConaughey
Forest Whitaker
Robert Pattinson

Some of those guys you mentioned, there age is mid to late 40's and Whitaker is in his mid 50's. You consider guys that old the new breed?

Some of those guys you mentioned, there age is mid to late 40's and Whitaker is in his mid 50's. You consider guys that old the new breed?

He hasn't aged that much since Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Mine would be:

Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy, James Franco, Christian Bale, Tye Sheridan, Miles Teller, Elijah Wood, Keir Gilchrist

I guess the youngest of that group (the newest breed), would be: Tye Sheridan, Miles Teller and Keir Gilchrist

benicio del toro isnt exactly new breed, but he is young enough to still keep having game changing roles
he already has done that a few times, but I think he has a lot more in his future

Gosling is the only one I've really seen and I like him a lot. I saw Drive, Blade Runner and Nice Guys and he was great in all of them.

Avoiding The Notebook because that sounds like the film that turns me full homo

Gosling is the only one I've really seen and I like him a lot. I saw Drive, Blade Runner and Nice Guys and he was great in all of them.

Avoiding The Notebook because that sounds like the film that turns me full homo

It's okay to go full homo for Ryan. :rolleyes:

I feel like you skipped a generation or two between your "breeds".

Ex:
Leo
DDL
Ed Norton
Tom Cruise
Denzel

Theyre the "middle aged"

Yeah, I found the premise of this thread to be a bit ridiculous. The generation that stepped up to the plate after Jack, Pacino, DeNiro ect, are arguably better and more consistent than them:

Denzel
DDL
Hanks
Oldman

These guys are in their 60"s (or near enough) and still producing top level work. 3 of them are nominated for Oscars this year.

At the same age, only Nicholson was showing any consistency. I understand the concept of nostalgia, but the 70"s guys were replaced by better actors who made their debuts in the 80"s.

I'm a fan of the 70"s breed, but Denzel and DDL especially are better than them. These are the guys that will need replacing.

Back