the most ducked fighters ever

yookfarb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
im grateful for great fighters so let's take this thanksgiving to appreciate the ugly duckings nobody wanted to play with

HM: Jacare, TJ Killashaw(where u at mini mouse?)
5. Hector Lombard
4. Ubereem
3. Yolo Romero
2. Tom Erikson - Pride Grand Prix
1. Cris Cyborg - in just her last fight she was blatantly ducked by GDR(courage?) and Megan Anderson(personal reasons)

Tony Ferguson.

Tony Ferguson - Ducked by Khabib, ducked by Conor.

Conor, oh wait, misunderstood the question...

Ever in Combat Sports is Winky Wright or Lennox Lewis

Ever in MMA is probably Cyborg.

TJ dillashaw is ducked like the plague, Prime A silva and people ran from Mark Kerr

Oh if we're touching on boxers no one wanted any part of Sergio Martinez. Poor guy wouldn't get big fights until he was about 37. GGG has been ducked a lot too

sugar ray had like 75 fights before his first title shot hagler waited the longest too

Lennox Lewis? Really?! I mean you can arguably say he was ducked by Bowe when he had the WBC title (I think Bowe would have beaten him at that point) but, that's about it.

Pretty much Cris Cyborg. So many of these WMMA women talk shit about being able to beat her but they never step up to the plate. Holly is the first person to do so but Holly and her management team dragged negotiations on until the UFC paid her more. I love Holly but sadly I don't believe she will be fighting much longer due to her losses and she's getting old. If she gets beat up badly by Cyborg she might retire there and then. Of course if she beats Cyborg she'll probably stick around a little longer.

The three most ducked fighters I can think of:

Nobody wants to fight Luke. All the top 5-10 mws refuse to fight him. Even when he was champ, they had problems finding opponents for him. Everyone wanted Bisping or the WWs instead.

Both in kickboxing And MMA, Nobody wanted to fight Hong Man Choi. They tried to match him up with Every top fighter of his time, but Nobody would risk it.

Cyborg... The supposedly greatest female fighter in history between 125-150 lbs, And Nobody wants to fight her.

Oh if we're touching on boxers no one wanted any part of Sergio Martinez. Poor guy wouldn't get big fights until he was about 37. GGG has been ducked a lot too
Yeah him too. Paul Williams also.

Lennox Lewis? Really?! I mean you can arguably say he was ducked by Bowe when he had the WBC title (I think Bowe would have beaten him at that point) but, that's about it.
No early on, he had a hard time getting any of the top guys to fight him. And of course, Bowe literally threw his belt in a garbage can on national television to avoid fighting Lewis.

I'm not sure there's any upside to fighting Lombard. Dude is 3-6 in the UFC, unranked, a known steroid cheat, and doesn't pull in any money.

Pretty much Cris Cyborg. So many of these WMMA women talk shit about being able to beat her but they never step up to the plate. Holly is the first person to do so but Holly and her management team dragged negotiations on until the UFC paid her more. I love Holly but sadly I don't believe she will be fighting much longer due to her losses and she's getting old. If she gets beat up badly by Cyborg she might retire there and then. Of course if she beats Cyborg she'll probably stick around a little longer.
its ridiculous how many fighters used her name as a stepping stone, then had an excuse not to sign a bout contract.

im grateful for great fighters so let's take this thanksgiving to appreciate the ugly duckings nobody wanted to play with

HM: Jacare, TJ Killashaw(where u at mini mouse?)
5. Hector Lombard
4. Ubereem
3. Yolo Romero
2. Tom Erikson - Pride Grand Prix
1. Cris Cyborg - in just her last fight she was blatantly ducked by GDR(courage?) and Megan Anderson(personal reasons)
Tyron let's be honest

No early on, he had a hard time getting any of the top guys to fight him. And of course, Bowe literally threw his belt in a garbage can on national television to avoid fighting Lewis.

The only one that I remember was Bowe. Bowe offered Lewis the fight. Lewis turned it down, but then changed his mind a little later. Then Bowe said it was too late. I don't recall any other top fighters ducking Lewis.

Ben Askren and Tom Erickson were the first two that came to mind

Back