the most ducked fighters ever

The three most ducked fighters I can think of:

Nobody wants to fight Luke. All the top 5-10 mws refuse to fight him. Even when he was champ, they had problems finding opponents for him. Everyone wanted Bisping or the WWs instead.

Both in kickboxing And MMA, Nobody wanted to fight Hong Man Choi. They tried to match him up with Every top fighter of his time, but Nobody would risk it.

Cyborg... The supposedly greatest female fighter in history between 125-150 lbs, And Nobody wants to fight her.
kaoklai fought choi. that is balls

Actually Cyborg hasn't had problems getting fights, she's had problems getting fights with 135 pounders. GDR however, the 145 pound champion refusing her a fight, was a real duck. Most of the others are just fighters staying in their weight divisions. Now if Cyborg agreed to go down to 135 and they refused to fight her at her weight division, that would be a duck.

Overall Cyborg had 20 fights, including three in 2016, so she's not had that much trouble getting women willing to play with her, its just that the women willing to fight her aren't PPV draws. Cyborg's bad luck is that there are so few women at 145 with any public recognition that she's forced to call out smaller fighters, something I suspect she dislikes doing but does anyway because of money.

Its a different situation than that of someone like say Marvin Hagler, who could only get people to actually get into the ring with him by promising to fight orthodox instead of as a southpaw.

Some girls have talked about fighting her in the past, Ronda, Miesha and Holly and it's taken years for Holly to actually step up.

Miesha sort of touched on it at one point:
"You’re fighting a girl who’s such a powerhouse and such a beast and just crushing girls, that if I went in there and I beat her, or even gave her a solid run for her money, that says a lot.

"When I was the champ they told me I wouldn’t be allowed a catchweight, either she’d have to fight me at 135 or I’d have to not be the champion...now I’m not the champion.

Cat Zingano too:
“I think I can beat her right now, but if there is a more optimal level I can perform at, we all want me to reach that level. I think we all know I am the only one that can potentially take this chick any day, any time, when I'm 100 percent healthy and happy. But don't worry, it's coming, and I want it. This isn't a fight you go into with the medical bullshit I have, and the UFC knows I'm capable and it's probable. It's a different life problem with Cyborg, but one I have the solution to. I had to be smart about this fight, which means taking care of a few things first, but I'm in.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/2/1...it-turning-down-cris-cyborg-fight-ufc-214-mma

Actually Cyborg hasn't had problems getting fights, she's had problems getting fights with 135 pounders. GDR however, the 145 pound champion refusing her a fight, was a real duck. Most of the others are just fighters staying in their weight divisions. Now if Cyborg agreed to go down to 135 and they refused to fight her at her weight division, that would be a duck.

Overall Cyborg had 20 fights, including three in 2016, so she's not had that much trouble getting women willing to play with her, its just that the women willing to fight her aren't PPV draws. Cyborg's bad luck is that there are so few women at 145 with any public recognition that she's forced to call out smaller fighters, something I suspect she dislikes doing but does anyway because of money.

Its a different situation than that of someone like say Marvin Hagler, who could only get people to actually get into the ring with him by promising to fight orthodox instead of as a southpaw.

Hard to compare any mma fighter to Marvin Hagler it's a different sport and time with more media scrutiny.

For legitimate 145lb girls like GDR and Anderson to blatantly duck her is pretty astonishing

Hard to compare any mma fighter to Marvin Hagler it's a different sport and time with more media scrutiny.

For legitimate 145lb girls like GDR and Anderson to blatantly duck her is pretty astonishing

Yup, and its sadder because there are so few legitimate 145 pounders. Fighters not going up to fight is understandable, maybe 10% of UFC fighters go up in weight to fight a heavier opponent. But refusing to fight a titled champ in your own weight division is just weird. Especially since there have been 125 pound women who've been willing to fight Cyborg for lesser titles than the UFC title.

Some girls have talked about fighting her in the past, Ronda, Miesha and Holly and it's taken years for Holly to actually step up.

Miesha sort of touched on it at one point:
"You’re fighting a girl who’s such a powerhouse and such a beast and just crushing girls, that if I went in there and I beat her, or even gave her a solid run for her money, that says a lot.

"When I was the champ they told me I wouldn’t be allowed a catchweight, either she’d have to fight me at 135 or I’d have to not be the champion...now I’m not the champion.

Cat Zingano too:
“I think I can beat her right now, but if there is a more optimal level I can perform at, we all want me to reach that level. I think we all know I am the only one that can potentially take this chick any day, any time, when I'm 100 percent healthy and happy. But don't worry, it's coming, and I want it. This isn't a fight you go into with the medical bullshit I have, and the UFC knows I'm capable and it's probable. It's a different life problem with Cyborg, but one I have the solution to. I had to be smart about this fight, which means taking care of a few things first, but I'm in.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/2/1...it-turning-down-cris-cyborg-fight-ufc-214-mma

Yup, but since none of them are 145 pounders its a discretionary fight for them; its not ducking if you don't go up to fight a heavier fighter, unless you want the term to include 95% of UFC fighters, including guys like Anderson, Jones, Hughes, GSP, Shogun, Liddell ... well, you get the idea.

The problem is 145 pounders like GDR refusing to fight her, not smaller fighters wanting to stay in their weight division.

Usman and Vick right now without question.

Two stone cold killers who can beat champs no one wants to fight. They cant even break top 10 because no one will fight them.

Usman will be champ no question in my mind but he'll have to do Ferguson/Holloway route. Win like 11 win in a row before climbing mountain

Vick not sure because LW so stacked. But top 3 at least.

Jon Fitch- You're guaranteed to work full labor minutes without fun.

Anthony Johnson- cannot read contract paper and always sign at wrong category

Steve Massagatti- He was sent by K-1 to kill MMA.

Tra Telligman- You kinda feel guilty when striking

Dutch fighters- They don't mind getting disqualified.

Koreans- Who wants to help them earn money to build gross statues.

Cyborg has been the master at avoiding fighting any quality opponents after Gina and getting people to believe its only down to people ducking.

There wasn't as much ducking in Pride(partly because loses hurt your career less) but Barnett admitted turning down Fedor for NYE 2006.

Back