The MMA hipster defined

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WarKO

Everybody has seen them at bars and hears them posting in threads (usually World Wide MMA)

Here's the MMA hipster defined
  1. Rides fixed gear bike to bars where he watches MMA and finds someone ignorant to give lectures too during the entire card. Typically a couple.
  2. Thinks the UFC is too "mainstream" and likes to tell ppl this even though he watches all their fights
  3. Smirks at Tapout or any MMA shirts and claims the guys are 'posers' when he's never fought or trained and some guys wearing them are actual fighters.
  4. Is a huge JMMA fan and claims they put on better shows
  5. Longs for Pride and claims it was the best organization
  6. Find obscure but entertaining one-dimensional, non-US fighters, typically from Eastern Europe or countries that no one knows exist and then hypes them up to be the best claiming they simply don't want to join UFC because it doesn't "fit" or it too mainstream and disrespectful to fighters.
  7. Loves to talk about BJJ and MMA technical details but has done no training and uses incorrect terms and details.
  8. Frequently steals Jack Slack insights shamelessly

scene.jpg

Liking Pride is hipster shit now?

Liking Pride is hipster shit now?

Listen, I love Pride. But clinging to it's balls and dismissing the UFC entirely, while watching it, is what makes it hipstery.

It's like Radiohead... liking Radiohead does not make you a hipster but a lot of hipsters like Radiohead. Same w Pride.

Liking PBR isn't hipster by itself, but all hipsters like PBR.

Exactly! PBR is one of the oldest US beers btw, only one year younger than Budweiser. And its damb good and damb cheap, really annoyed its such a hipster thing now. Everytime I order one the bartender gives me a "OH youre one of those" looks lol.

Askren and Page don't go to the UFC because they wouldn't get paid.

I've seen #6 a lot and it always makes me cringe.

Exactly! PBR is one of the oldest US beers btw, only one year younger than Budweiser. And its damb good and damb cheap, really annoyed its such a hipster thing now. Everytime I order one the bartender gives me a "OH youre one of those" looks lol.
Around here it was Yuengling for a while that they all clung to as the best beer ever. Now it's super popular, so they all are back to PBR.

9. thinks "golden palace" in magic marker covering a fighter's entire back or "condom depot" on the ass of their trunks are better sponsors than reebok.

Askren and Page don't go to the UFC because they wouldn't get paid.
They'd both get crushed in the UFC, Askren is one-dimensional and Page is one of the biggest can crushers in MMA, he's 28 and still fighting cans in bellator, Sage would probably beat him.

say what you want, wearing Tapout out of a gym is almost saggy pants level of trashy.

I'm an old white guy so I can pull off drinking PBR without looking like a hipster douche

To be fair though, the UFC needs to attract better attention than the overly muscular fake tough guy to become recognized as a more legitimite sport.

I've seen #6 a lot and it always makes me cringe.

Lol, its all over the World Wide forum. Listen, I like the sport and fights but these guys that are talking about a fighter that had a 6-6 UFC record....that's a pretty bad record. But they're acutally following his career enthusiastically... why

A good example is Blagovi, the guy beat Fedor at Sambo and left Bellator, Hipsters love to hype him up. And Shlemenko who lost to Tito and Lombart (Hectors not even doing that well in UFC). But the hipsters love to hype these guys like they're p4p#1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back