THE LOBSTER. (New film starring Colin Farrell, John C. Reilly, Rachel Weisz)

Just now a thread for this? Saw it back in December during the infamous Oscar screener leaks. Really great film, loved it

Lol. You don't even know me. Haha. I like a good marvel movie but the movie sounds stupid, I'm sorry I offended your false pretentiousness.
I judged you based off your post the way you judged the film based off a plot description you read. See how that works?

I judged you based off your post the way you judged the film based off a plot description you read. See how that works?
Nope. It's a dumb ass premise. I like the actors in that movie but the premise sounds dumb as shit. I'm sorry I offended your fake intellectualism.

I put this movie on about 6 times and I've fallen asleep every time.
I'll try to finish it I guess but it is quite an ass number.
Haha just give it up and read the Wikipedia synopsis instead, you're not missing much. I work at a low traffic data centre, so I have tons of down time to watch movies on my tablet, and I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

Nope. It's a dumb ass premise. I like the actors in that movie but the premise sounds dumb as shit. I'm sorry I offended your fake intellectualism.
You're judging movies based off a premise you read. Kind of laughable you're talking about intellect when thats the case

You're judging movies based off a premise you read. Kind of laughable you're talking about intellect when thats the case
Why you mad. Let me be ignorant then. I am not going to watch that movie -- yes, it is based off a synopsis I read.

It's a good movie with two very distinct point of views on finding love and relationships. I enjoyed it a lot. Good performances and some dark humor.

i watched it on a plane to europe a few months ago - my initial impression was that much of the movie was adlibbed.

I've always thought of Colin Farrell as more of a romantic jaguar than a lobster. The movie was oddly captivating.

6121233766_8d31df07cb_b.jpg

lol

this guy has a patreon? thats one of the lightest "analysis" of a film I think I've ever seen. he just review part of the plot and talked about surface values

hahaha guess I should start one up for myself!

EDIT: I loved this movie btw,

lol

this guy has a patreon? thats one of the lightest "analysis" of a film I think I've ever seen. he just review part of the plot and talked about surface values

had to stop watchin it about 3 mins in. he just keeps talking about societal expectations of relationships, which tbh is the most obvious part of the whole film.

lol

Maybe that was the wrong video to introduce the channel. He does some funny videos about bad movies in the style of Plinkett. He has a little less to offer about good movies but he's pretty on the ball for like a 19 year old kid or whatever he is.

One thing I don't like, and that has become a little too common in TV/movies, is having characters kill pets (and display the dead cats/dogs) as part of their development. It doesn't make me hate the character more, it just makes me dislike the filmmakers. I understand that it integrated into the plot well enough, but they could have just left the dog out, or had the hotel deny its entry

Definitely bizarre but you should expect that going in from the premise alone. The skewering of our need for relationships and of ideologies in general was well done if a little on the nose at times.
It was also really funny (the skits at the hotel, the nosebleeds and other forced similarities, the loner's dance party, etc.). All the deadpan deliveries were great but especially Farrell. Farrell I thought killed it in a very unglamorous way. The directing was great and I also really liked the narration.
Also Lea Seydoux.

I enjoyed the film. Didn't really care for th ending

It wasn't very good.. And I enjoy "artsy."

The tone and whole movie itself could have lent itself to so many more laughs than it did. It literally could have been hilarious in the understated, non-obvious way that I love; but it wasn't.

I had a few friends hype me up for this movie only be to let down. The whole feeling of this movie is bleak and uncomfortable. The humor translates into the absurd to a point where thats all it is. Absurd. There are a few parts that I found weird and entertaining. I got a couple chuckles from some animals in the background, but all in all, I didn't get much out of the movie.

I did feel really bad for Colin Ferrell when his new girlfriend killed his brother (i forgot what type of animal he was). His revenge on her was the only satisfying part of the movie

Back