THE LOBSTER. (New film starring Colin Farrell, John C. Reilly, Rachel Weisz)

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
colin-farrell-in-the-lobster.jpg

Anybody see this? Just got back from the theater. Fantastic film.

I wouldn't even say much about it, it's all kind of spoilery.

I'll just say if you are a fan of Stanley Kubrick, you should see this movie.

It's like he came back from the grave and made one more.

Yup I saw it a few weeks back, great film and concept. There was one part that was a little rough, I'm sure if you've seen the movie you know the part.

I made it 45 minutes in and turned it off, then just read the Wikipedia page to see how it ended. Meh. The premise was too "out there" for me to enjoy it if I'm being honest.

saw this months ago.

movie is fucking bugged the fuck out.

dry humping madness.

this is the most autistic movie I've ever seen. Ignore the goofy premise and plot and pay attention to the way everyone interacts with each other. It is the most accurate rendition of autistic awkwardness I've seen in a film.

Other than its value as an anthropological study on fractured spergs, it holds very little entertainment satisfaction.

From th reviews I've heard I will never watch it

I made it 45 minutes in and turned it off, then just read the Wikipedia page to see how it ended. Meh. The premise was too "out there" for me to enjoy it if I'm being honest.

Can't be worse than the ending of Wiener-Dog that's for sure.

I enjoyed it but thought some of the metaphors early in the movie were a bit too heavy handed.

I managed to make it to the end because I was playing Civ at the time.

I'll check it out.

I read about the premise. Doesn't sound interesting and sounds rather stupid to me. To unrealistic and seems pretentious for me to sit and watch.

I watched it a couple of months back, it was quite weird but interesting nonetheless. If it was hard to understand, then the director explained the concept here http://www.indiewire.com/2015/10/yo...tirizing-modern-romance-in-the-lobster-56869/.

Basically he explains how people nowadays are under a lot of pressure to be in a successful relationship and there are problems associated with that. There are people who rebel against this idea but their idea of how one's supposed to live comes with its own set of problems.

I watched it a couple of months back, it was quite weird but interesting nonetheless. If it was hard to understand, then the director explained the concept here http://www.indiewire.com/2015/10/yo...tirizing-modern-romance-in-the-lobster-56869/.

Basically he explains how people nowadays are under a lot of pressure to be in a successful relationship and there are problems associated with that. There are people who rebel against this idea but their idea of how one's supposed to live comes with its own set of problems.
I don't know how people's relationship expectations nowadays are any different from people 20 or 30 years ago.

Anyway the movie sounds stupid.

Is this the same Lobster movie I keep hearing each 6 months about as if it just came out? Was it released in Europe earlier or something?

Or is everyone naming their movies The lobster these days? I'm confused

I put this movie on about 6 times and I've fallen asleep every time.
I'll try to finish it I guess but it is quite an ass number.

How does Wiener-Dog stack up against

Darth-Vader-NO-GIF.gif

?

A great contender in any bad movie ending debate for sure but if you love animals, particularly the title character, the ending is literally messy and enough to be labeled bad.

Back