The Leftovers (HBO): Season 2 Discussion

66 2/3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
is anyone watching the show the leftovers? first season was strange and a little hard to follow. second season is even stranger so far. thoughts on what might have happened.

More people need to watch this show. I absolutely love the randomness and having no clue what is going to happen next. Plus the soundtrack for the second season has been amazing. This show definitely gives off the Lost vibe which is no surprise since Damon Lindelof is a writer.

I've enjoyed this show from day 1! Ann Dowd should be a lock for an Emmy nomination and I believe if she doesn't win it; it'll be a total travesty as her portrayal of Patti! Carrie Coon and Christopher Eccleston are amazing!
Adding my girl Regina King this season just blew me away! I didn't really care for the assassin episode minus Ann's scenes thou. The season finale was a letdown IMO. Let's hope for another season!

I've seen all of season 1, and the first two episodes of season 2. I like the show. I think they do a pretty good job showing the mental and emotional changes that people would go through. I really think there would be a tremendous number of cults and religions that would spring up for a disappearance like that.

That ending in tonight's episode was great the new intro to this season tho is really fucking shitty enjoyed season one intro better

This show is so damned frustrating. Incredible strong acting, powerful direction (if a little too much at times), beautiful dialogue from scene to scene.

But the main plot and how it unfolds just seems like it's the product of several vaguely related impro-sessions. The big plot of the guilty remnant was incredible underwhelming to me, and every time I think of the larger story they paint, it just seems shallow, perpetually hinting at depths they really don't seem to have.

Also, no more "Where is my mind" whenever you want to illustrate the mental frailty of the character in the scene, plz. It seems a little heavy handed after a while.

I'm glad they do something different than other shows, but it frustrates me how incredibly close it is to greatness without quite reaching it for me.

i LOVED season 1. really under rated imo.

Waiting for season 2 to end so i can binge it

That ending in tonight's episode was great the new intro to this season tho is really fucking shitty enjoyed season one intro better
I'm in the minority of the ones who like it. The songs lyrics fit well with the departure and the upbeatness creates a level of irony since the show is so dark.

Season 2 is even better than Season 1 so far. Really digging it.

Watched season one, only the first episode of season two. It's not for a casual fan as they don't explain shit. There are very little wrap ups - tie ins - explanations. And the whole reboot of the show for season two didn't help in any way.

The episode of the cult lady getting stoned was some of the roughest stuff i've ever watched.

What in the serious fuck?!! Did I just watch that......

This show is glorious

I was confused in season one and more confused now but it's a good show. The music is pretty good.

Also, pretty cool Eddie Winslow got some work.

This show is insane.

I enjoy it.

Last Sunday's epsiode was really good.

Awesome show.

We aren't supposed to know what happened because the people in the story don't know what happened.

Great epsiode.

Shows seems to be very underrated.

I watched the first season, and liked it for the most part.

This season just seems to be fucked up for the sake of being fucked up. Admittedly, I haven't been glued to the screen, but it all seems so random. Can anyone seriously tell me what the fuck is going on?

I'm a little on the fence about it. The acting, direction and music is fucking powerfull at times, with some of the better emotional peaks I've seen on television. But the plot, while whith a lot of interesting detalis, strikes me over and over as mostly pointless.

I want it to be great, but it's merely good, and for some weird reason, that frustrates me.

Also, I'll never forgive them for switching out this

(seriously, fire up your volume and watch it fullscreen)

with this:

What the fuck were they thinking?

This and Fargo are the two best shows on TV right now.

I don't think there's ever been a show that gives me anxiety like The Leftovers. Especially Carrie Coon's performance. She's amazing. The grief she (and all the characters) show just destroys me everytime. So many flawed, fucked up people that feel so real.

The character arcs are among the best I've seen anywhere. Laurie's is spectacular right now, even though she was such a bitch the entire first season.

Just amazing, harrowing stuff that doesn't get the credit it deserves. Probably not for casual viewers, because there really are no answers. The show is all about trauma and the aftermath.

This second season is pretty intense. My only complaint is that there's dick shots in almost every episode.

The three shows I'm currently watching are this, Walking Dead and Homeland

WD is done and I'm done with it after the abomination of a mid season finale they tried to feed us

Homeland is always great but it seems like they're starting to go the way of Dexter

Leftovers is awesome! I was completely unsure what they could do to keep my attention in the 2nd season but it has been absolutely great! Awesome writing and acting and every week can't wait to see what happens next!

Season 2 is even better than Season 1 so far. Really digging it.

Agreed. They kept all the best characters and got rid of the shitty ones. I really like the new black family too, although the father is such an asshole. Great character though.

Saw the finale yesterday. Freaking great. Teared up. Justin Theroux is the best fucking actor I've ever witnessed. The consensus best Leo Di does not even hold a candle to him.

Really enjoying season 2. Totally not going the way I thought it was going to go.

Margaret Qualley is hella cute. If I was 15 years younger and famous and better looking....

The finale had me on the edge of my seat. I really hope this gets picked up for another season.

This is the best drama on TV right now (and the most underrated). I was really curious where they were going to leave it after last season. I was worried where they would take it. It's been every bit as good, and it hasn't suffered the style over substance issue that sometimes gimped the first season, yet.

Saw the finale yesterday. Freaking great. Teared up. Justin Theroux is the best fucking actor I've ever witnessed. The consensus best Leo Di does not even hold a candle to him.

Dude. I think the entire cast just kills it. The scenes between Kevin and John are so good.

Never heard of this show. Came here thinking this was a food topic of some sort.

God damn what a finale. I feel emotionally drained.

Justin Theroux was amazing. His whole performance this episode was off the charts. Between him singing karaoke and his how expression when he saw his family and Nora said "you're home" I was ruined.

This show deserves so much more recognition.

Really enjoying season 2. Totally not going the way I thought it was going to go.

Margaret Qualley is hella cute. If I was 15 years younger and famous and better looking....
Yeah, it was a bit of a surreal reality check when I discovered that her mother was one of my boyhood puppy dog crushes:

1268831984_andie-macdowell.jpg

God damn what a finale. I feel emotionally drained.

Justin Theroux was amazing. His whole performance this episode was off the charts. Between him singing karaoke and his how expression when he saw his family and Nora said "you're home" I was ruined.

This show deserves so much more recognition.

Yeah it deserves recognition. Really one of the only tv shows that played on my emotions.

every time i see this thread title i just want for this thread to be about food
it never is ):

I like the show, and continue to watch it... but I have to admit I'm getting frustrated.

They explain nothing, rarely even hint at it, and either add more weird shit or add to the weirdness of the existing weird shit.

It makes me want to punch my own self in the dick sometimes.

I like the show, and continue to watch it... but I have to admit I'm getting frustrated.

They explain nothing, rarely even hint at it, and either add more weird shit or add to the weirdness of the existing weird shit.

It makes me want to punch my own self in the dick sometimes.

That's actually why I kind of like it.

Every time I think I know where they're going, they go in a totally different direction. I gave up trying to figure out what was going to happen next and instead, just enjoy the characters.

That's actually why I kind of like it.

Every time I think I know where they're going, they go in a totally different direction. I gave up trying to figure out what was going to happen next and instead, just enjoy the characters.

I've given up on thinking I know what's going on next, too. But this season has introduced some new weird shit every other episode so far, so I'm starting to wonder how it's even possible for them to close all these storylines.

Either the subplots all magically get wrapped up into the main concept, or they end up leaving a lot of loose ends. Either way, these writers are setting themselves up for some lofty expectations.

Back