The Kid Rock Poll was fake news

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Remember the Kid Rock poll? Nobody ever heard of these guys, and they are completely private and anonymous. Doesn't stop them from spreading :):):)fake news:):):).

People can't stop saying that mainstream polls are fake, or biased, or not transparent- despite none of those things actually being true. The presidential polls in 2016 performed just fine- and by some measures better than the 2012 polls. Truth is true and stuff.

But here is one for you. This is an actual fake poll, that is actually responsible for twisting perceptions. It's actually designed and publicized by political groups who want to lie to you, to make you think the things they want you to think.

Enjoy, and give our boy Nate Silver a click, bitch.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/fake-polls-are-a-real-problem/

"Is Kid Rock leading the U.S. Senate race in Michigan? A story like that is essentially designed to go viral, and that’s exactly what happened when Delphi Analytica released a poll fielded from July 14 to July 18. Republican Kid Rock earned 30 percent to Sen. Debbie Stabenow’s 26 percent. A sitting U.S. senator was losing to a man who sang the lyric, “If I was president of the good ol’ USA, you know I’d turn our churches into strip clubs and watch the whole world pray.”

"There was just one problem: Nobody knew if the poll was real. Delphi Analytica’s website came online July 6, mere weeks before the Kid Rock poll was supposedly conducted. The pollster had basically no fingerprint on the web."

Bumped for more salacious title.

Nate Silver. Lol.
nzPEnbd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nzPEnbd.jpg

EDIT: Spoilered because Salty Fawlty was whining about scroll bombs.

I see you had your scrollbomb ready.

Care to address the topic?

(btw, Harry Enten wrote the article, but you guys don't know who he is)

This slightly restores my faith in the people of Michigan.

Nate Silver. Lol.

EDIT: Spoilered because Salty Fawlty was whining about scroll bombs.
Thank you for complying, like my dog.

Silver actually warned about this poll when it happened, which is to his credit. So your ad hom (and listen up, kiddies- this was a real ad hom) is self-defeating. Observe:

Didn't someone post that poll in here?

The pooled presidential election polling of the world's most "reputable" agencies was wildly flawed/inaccurate so we could probably assume preliminary polling on Kid Rock's odds a day after he announced his intent to become the pimp of the nation was slightly worse.

If it was fake, it was probably the Stabenow campaign behind it.

Didn't someone post that poll in here?
I wouldn't be surprised.
A lot of gullible people constantly spread total Fake News in the war room

Reminds me of the fake polls from the Washington Post and New York Times that has Hillary winning the presidency.

Ooooooohhhh! <drums><\drums>. This crowd has been great. Thank you. Stay for the cake.

Yeah but the mainstream news is fake. And everything online is real. We already know this, so how can this be true?

The internet said he's leading, so it's basically confirmed. One YouTube video agreeing would make it fact.

Fake poll or not, Kid Rock is gonna win cuz we're living in the timeline where garbage celebs get elected.

Bookmark this post.

Reminds me of the fake polls from the Washington Post and New York Times that has Hillary winning the presidency.

Ooooooohhhh! . This crowd has been great. Thank you. Stay for the cake.
How many times has it been explained to you so far that predicting an electoral victory is not the same as polling? I just want to know if you're a lost cause before I waste any keyboard skin on you. The ways that a presidential election can be won when losing popular vote (which is what polls measure) by millions is small compared to the ways that election can be lost. It was clearly an underdog win.

Remember when Ossoff was a shoe in to win based on all of the highly reliable mainstream polls, millions of dollars spent, and Hollywood celebrity endorsements?

t5d.png

I guess math and data are dead Mr. Silver. Nate has had a tough run lately.

gsp13bm86z4z.png

Back