Law The IRS Version of Julian Assange Charged With Leaking Trump's Tax Returns

Then bring the evidence.

There's no evidence it was political either way, so there's no evidence to bring.

Unless we know of anyone else implicated, there's just no reason to assume one way or another.

There's no evidence it was political either way, so there's no evidence to bring.

Unless we know of anyone else implicated, there's just no reason to assume one way or another.

The simplest explanation is probably the correct one. So if you have evidence of other rich guys, especially Democrats, having their taxes released then that supports your argument. If the only evidence is that Trump is the victim, and there is no personal connection between the perp and Trump, then it's most likely TDS which is a politically driven mental illness.

The simplest explanation is probably the correct one. So if you have evidence of other rich guys, especially Democrats, having their taxes released then that supports your argument. If the only evidence is that Trump is the victim, and there is no personal connection between the perp and Trump, then it's most likely TDS which is a politically driven mental illness.

That's not how percentages work, but it's not impossible.

Plenty of anarchist-types will hate any old rich bugger that doesn't pull their weight but expects poor people to pay max tax, so I'm not convinced it's as simple as you're saying.

If it was, you'd be able to prove it was a hit job on Republicans.

Those people are known as idiots. This guy didn't leak Trumps tax returns because we have a bad tax system and he wants a better one. He did it to punish another US citizen for having different politics.

And in a stunning coincidence, it just so happened that he proved trump to be a liar in regards to his taxes?

You sure it just wasn't a guy who had access to information that he knew the current president was lying about, and decided to leak that to the press?

I mean, can you guys really not fathom the idea that some people think there is value in calling out liars?

I think it should be a free for all information wise. Thats how journalism used to work, really. It was never pretty, but much of it comes from one side getting dirt on the other. In this case, certainly the worker was driven by politics and I'm sure Trump's people knows every loophole available. How somebody feels about it can vary, which is normal

Exposing some rich dude who doesn't pay any tax will certainly make him a hero to some people.
Yes dumbasses would see him ass a hero. That’s because they’re dumbasses though

crazy a mere contractor can get access to a President's tax returns. What a fucking moronic security failure. Given that's what the IRS is doing, surprised the leak took as long as it did.

As far as public interest goes, can't really compare this to Assange. You don't have to like Assange (I sure as fuck don't) to see the utility of his work.

Exposing some rich dude who doesn't pay any tax will certainly make him a hero to some people.
If only there was some sort of federal agency with wide investigatory and enforcement powers which was responsible for ensuring people paid their legal amount of tax.

And in a stunning coincidence, it just so happened that he proved trump to be a liar in regards to his taxes?

You sure it just wasn't a guy who had access to information that he knew the current president was lying about, and decided to leak that to the press?

I mean, can you guys really not fathom the idea that some people think there is value in calling out liars?
What were the lies?

The tax returns!! Remember when this was such a big deal and was going to finally be it? The muppets moved on, or did they?

The ol' contractor bit.

It's amazing just how so many contractors and consultants have such access to sensitive information.

One would assume that tightly guarded information like a person's tax information would be the responsibility of actual IRS agents, not a contractor.

I worked for a large investment firm. It's amazing how quickly they started farming IT to a company in India. They even had full access to live client data.

Wait... What came out of the tax returns again? Wasn't it more or less that Trump is a blowhard to talks himself up way beyond his merits (totally unsurprising) and that he had done nothing illegal whatsoever with his deductions/writeoffs/etc (actually a bit surprising)? Seriously, what came out of this and, specifically, what came out of this to justify considering the guy a hero?

Who was he a hero to @Siver! ? Ironically, you pull a Trump trick here:

"Exposing some rich dude who doesn't pay any tax will certainly make him a hero to some people."

It's the whole "Some people say! Not me, but SOME people say I'm the greatest!" as a way to make a point while pawning something he thinks on nebulous, unnamed people. What was the act of heroism here? What great and necessary truth did he sacrifice to unveil rather than just leaked private documents to stick it to a guy he didn't like? I want to know whether this guy is a hero who actually did something heroic, or whether he's a hero like some people consider the Unibomber or Donald Trump a hero.

Last edited:
And for what? No crimes exposed. Nothing happened.

OGC.16e8db4f044711622d01a62b15bcce52

You only get in trouble for telling the truth. Julian Assange is rotten in prison for showing the truth about politicians and war.

Can’t wait for all the Rogan bros who canonized Assange to go on the defensive for Trump. “This is a real problem when they can just expose private information like this.”

I don't think Rogan bros go hand in hand with Trump bros. Rogan said multiple times he doesn't support Trump and refuses to have him on his show.

Pretty sure Trump has been straight up about using all the tax loopholes he can to avoid paying taxes. He ran on it in 2016.

I don't think Rogan bros go hand in hand with Trump bros. Rogan said multiple times he doesn't support Trump and refuses to have him on his show.
Rogan loves Trump. He never says a negative word about the guy but can’t go five minutes without complaining about Biden. Definitely a lot of Trumpers are Rogan listeners so maybe he’s just playing to his audience but there is a good amount of crossover.

Back