The intelligence on Sherdog

FireKidWS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The following is something that really bothers me:

I actually respect a lot of guys that post on here. A lot of people on here have gyms or fight on an amateur level.

But sometimes even the ones that should know what they are talking about post such mind boggling dumb stuff.

The thing that gets me currently is when people talk about a fighters cardio, but take no consideration of how hard or how many punches they throw.

Lots of people shit on Conor for his cardio, but he throws harder punches than anyone his size.

I am sure Conor could throw pity patter punches for 5 rounds straight and be perfectly fine.

But then he wouldn’t be famous. He wouldn’t be Conor.

So, fellow Sherbros, the next time you want to talk shit about a fighters cardio, ask yourself, is his cardio “bad” cause he is going 100% the whole fight?

Maybe then we wouldn’t shit on the fighters that try to put on the best shows.

oh, just another mcgregor thread. and he doesn't throw a lot and he doesn't throw that hard, he just have really bad cardio, especially when someone doesn't crumble under him

Yeah, but gassing after only EIGHT MINUTES??

Maybe, But he still has bad cardio

The following is something that really bothers me:

I actually respect a lot of guys that post on here. A lot of people on here have gyms or fight on an amateur level.

But sometimes even the ones that should know what they are talking about post such mind boggling dumb stuff.

The thing that gets me currently is when people talk about a fighters cardio, but take no consideration of how hard or how many punches they throw.

Lots of people shit on Conor for his cardio, but he throws harder punches than anyone his size.

I am sure Conor could throw pity patter punches for 5 rounds straight and be perfectly fine.

But then he wouldn’t be famous. He wouldn’t be Conor.

So, fellow Sherbros, the next time you want to talk shit about a fighters cardio, ask yourself, is his cardio “bad” cause he is going 100% the whole fight?

Maybe then we wouldn’t shit on the fighters that try to put on the best shows.
This is a very important pov. If you don't get it then you should probably not comment in this thread. Move on to some low hanging fruit elsewhere.

Do you really believe that Conor is " going 100% the whole fight " ?
There is not a fighter out there who could go 100% for more than a minute or so.
You're right about the intelligence on Sherdog.

Conor is efficient even in his hard punches, typically very little wasted movement, atleast thats what it looks like to me. His shots are more about incredible timing and placement. I have wondered for a while why conor gasses the way he has, and to be fair its only been what, 2x? 3x? idk.

Perhaps its mental? (boy ive hit that guy with my best shots and hes still there) thats fucking demoralizing sometimes
Idk just "thinking out loud" cause hes obviously a great athlete but when hes not out there starching guys or having full control in the cage he slows. seems fixable.

You would have to lab test Conor, and study his physiology to get an answer for why his cardio is the way it is. Which isn't a far fetched proposition by the way.

I think it could be a combination of training methods, and/or him not getting his "second wind" yet.

" Muscular exercise as well as other cellular functions requires oxygen to produce ATP and properly function. This normal function is called aerobic metabolism and does not produce lactic acid if enough oxygen is present. During heavy exercise such as long distance running or any demanding exercise, the body's need for oxygen to produce energy is higher than the oxygen supplied in the blood from respiration...… Some people's bodies may take more time than others to be able to balance the amount of oxygen they need to counteract the lactic acid."
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_wind)

So you want us to blame poor fight I.Q instead of bad cardio?

His cardio is passable, wich is just fine for someone who is a quick finisher at heart, but he has to take extra care when going agaisnt durable fighters.... As he already find out not everyone is going away early.
If he choses to fight as Belfort or romero, he would not get winded, but i love the fact he likes to get on people faces, it's refreshing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back