The HW division isn't weak

Sorry, but the division is weak as fuck. It's always been like that and it will always be like that.
If Heavyweights suck at fighting. Then why does every other fighter starve themselves and then go through the very painful process of cutting weight to avoid them?

When dozens of 40 year olds are capable of competing at the supposed elite level in any sport, that sport (or division) isn't very developed.
Even "sports" like darts, curling, etc guys retire as elite professionals in their 30s.

I mean Mark Hunt was supposed to retired way back in 2010... It's 2017 and he's considered one of the top fighters in the division. And please don't say silly things like Hunt is better now at the age of 43. That's just stupidity.
Maybe you should watch more Mark Hunt fights because Mark Hunt is so much better at 43 than he was 33 that it's not even comparable, the guy was considered a can before joining the UFC.
He was getting koed and taken down at will by fighters 100 pounds lighter than him, now he is making 280 pounds juiced Brock Lennar work to get the takedown and being hold down.

If Heavyweights suck at fighting. Then why does every other fighter starve themselves and then go through the very painful process of cutting weight to avoid them?

How the hell did we go from "the division is weak" to that dumb shit you just said?

The HW division isn't weak

a78ae76da19c1a0f9e0e9b2f7e6229e70bd36cf7bc5b2f29b5f8900face50234.jpg

Nah I'm sorry but it is

Cmon realistically how long have Reem Werdum Arlovski and Cain got left?

Reem and Arlovski alone are one jab from being disabled,
Werdum looks fucking old man
Cain might as well not mention him he's done
JDS isn't in good shape anymore and for sure won't be once Ngannou is done with him
Browne to quote ring leader Dana 'should retire'
Olyinek is about 65 years old
Mark hunt really needs to call it a day

We've got Tybura, Blaydes Lewis and Ngannou
And obviously Stipe as the front runner
Honourable mention to Struve who is the dictionary definition of inconsistent

outside of the top 7 or so it is, but those 7 fighters would likely starch every other fighter in the company

also the top 5 at HW would give trouble to any of the top 5 of previous era's

people say it to discredit how Stipe is starching everyone on an incredible run..BUT, I do think much of the top 5 at HW are a few years removed from their prime, still doesn't mean to say they aren't killers though

HW is'nt bad but at same time the "sport has evolved" mantra wich is true for everywhere from MW to below does'nt apply in the same way there

Performance wise the best HWs i seen are all in the past

They just want to create this illusion that's it's so weak to try to make Fedor into this God. Because if the UFC HW division is actually strong, wich it is, fedor isnt the "GOAT" anymore. Sad.

???

Looks like you're the one who is kind of sad.

They just want to create this illusion that's it's so weak to try to make Fedor into this God. Because if the UFC HW division is actually strong, wich it is, fedor isnt the "GOAT" anymore. Sad.
what are you on about.
Nobody was talking about Fedor until you brought him up... What in the fuck lol

Maybe you should watch more Mark Hunt fights because Mark Hunt is so much better at 43 than he was 33 that it's not even comparable, the guy was considered a can before joining the UFC.
He was getting koed and taken down at will by fighters 100 pounds lighter than him, now he is making 280 pounds juiced Brock Lennar work to get the takedown and being hold down.
His takedown defense has improved, and he's become a crafty vet..

But I don't agree. Mark Hunt was elite in Pride. He definitely had a weird mid career funk, but when he beat Wand and Cro Cop in Pride he was legit one of the best kickboxers in the world. He is not anywhere near that level nowadays. I think if Mark fought himself from 12 years ago he would lose brutally

Agree very much!

People disrespect the HWs largely because they confuse natural speed and agility due to being smaller with skill and think HWs are less skilled because they look less fluid and can't use as many flashy moves. That's not lack of skill, that's a difference in athleticism and aesthetics. "Looking better" is not the same as being better as we've often seen proven within the same weight class.

#AestheticsAreOVERRATED

I'm so triggered right now..

aesthetics aesthetics aesthetics aesthetics

full

I'm going to go and sleep it off.

It's weaker than Flyweight depth wise but i don't really consider either "weak" just thin with a lack of prospects filling up the division. HW without a doubt needs to fill it.

UFC has more heavyweights signed than Flyweights.

Most of the top guys aren't as good as they were 5 years ago, JDS, Arlovski, Hunt, Browne, Barnett etc all have their best days behind them.

f855a3d829b34b25b8830640a963bcbb.gif

I want to you to find Mark Hunt and ask him if he's physically capable of even attempting something like this at his advanced age.
Spoiler: He isn't

If we somehow got Mark Hunt of today to fight Mark Hunt of 10 years ago, the Hunt of today would be brutally KO'd.
He's significantly slower and significantly less agile.

Last edited:
UFC has more heavyweights signed than Flyweights.

Most of the top guys aren't as good as they were 5 years ago, JDS, Arlovski, Hunt, Browne, Barnett etc all have their best days behind them.

HW is still a thinner division talent wise than Fly though and that's my point. Flyweight has a ton of really good prospects although should be filled up more. HW has those handful of names up top with only a few prospects and overall thinner talent rich division.

So I'm seeing this sentence being said a lot and I must say I disagree.

Firstly, the fact that the top guys are in their mid-to-late 30s is a testament to how great they are. Miocic, Reem, Dos Santos, Cain, Werdum are all great fighters. Pretty soon they'll get old and young guys like Ngannou, Blaydes will overtake them. Is normal.

Secondly, I'm tired of people using the Black Beast and Big Country as proof that the division sucks. No it does not. It only shows us what we already know. That sometimes but not always, 'crude' fighters can go far into the sport on sheer toughness and guts. In boxing there was Marciano, at LW there is Gaethje. These guys all have/had a degree of skill to put that toughness to good use.

So relax guys, HW isn't weak.

Yeah, because Lewis is a Div 1 All-American with a record of 18-0..

I posted a year ago that the division is in better shape than most seem to think and got called a troll.

Its pretty good it just has a champ that refuses to pretend to be larger than life.

Back