The greatest round in combat sports history

Surely a list of greatest rounds in the history of 'combat sports' has to be dominated by boxing, given its lineage?

Fuck whatever y'all talkin bout

Heart of a champion

Diaz vs Deley (slug fest)
CC vs Silva II ( just pure assassination)
and most important one Akiyama-Frye ( fun fest)

Any round in woodly vs wonderboy 2

That rematch was "ok" a lil nerve wrecking

Nothing like Francis ngannou vs Derrick Lewis tho. I thought that fight was going to spill into the crowd it got so out of hand violent.

Castillo vs Corrales 1. The entire fight was amazing, but that final round is something of legends.

Came in to make sure someone included this.

**tips cap to you**

The 10th may not be the single best round in history, but it is my personal favorite fight and round. And probably the craziest finish of all time.

Another one I didn't see in the thread is Bradley-Provodnikov. Especially when you consider the context of Bradley being at the lowest point in his career after his greatest victory. Because everyone believed he stole the first Pacquiao fight. I think it was the 2nd round, when he was completely out on his feet, and just propped up on the ropes exchanging with Provodnikov. One of the most "I'm willing to die for this shit right here and now" moments I've ever seen in a fight.

And on the other side, you could actually make the case for the 12th being the best round ever. After Provodnikov gassed from nearly killing Bradley in the first 2-3 rounds, Bradley won the next 8 straight. Then Provodnikov, needing a KO to win, drops Bradley again with like 10 seconds left in the fight. Shit was better than a movie.

2 min into this clip. Bradley takes some of the biggest shots you'll ever see at that size, and refuses to circle away or take a single step back. I've been watching fights for 25+ years and have only seen a handful of guys plant their feet and declare war like that, for even a whole round. He did it for a whole fight.

As a serious answer though my bias is in full effect and I would have to rewatch Hendo vs Shogun 1 and choose a round. Mir vs Minotauro 2 was pretty twisted I remember. Hard to choose just one.

Forget round 1 of Edgar-Maynard 2,3
Forget round 3 of Korean Zombie-Poirier
Forget round 1 of Diaz-Gomi
Forget round 1 of Akiyama-Frye
Forget round 3 of Hagler Hearns
Forget round 8 of Ali-Foreman
Forget them all

This is the greatest round ever given by combat sports

Enjoy my friends

LMAO at "If Bob can chase him down he could finish this fight"

honorable mention

TRY to watch it at 1.5 speed, it did wonders LOL

The 10th may not be the single best round in history, but it is my personal favorite fight and round. And probably the craziest finish of all time.

Another one I didn't see in the thread is Bradley-Provodnikov. Especially when you consider the context of Bradley being at the lowest point in his career after his greatest victory. Because everyone believed he stole the first Pacquiao fight. I think it was the 2nd round, when he was completely out on his feet, and just propped up on the ropes exchanging with Provodnikov. One of the most "I'm willing to die for this shit right here and now" moments I've ever seen in a fight.

And on the other side, you could actually make the case for the 12th being the best round ever. After Provodnikov gassed from nearly killing Bradley in the first 2-3 rounds, Bradley won the next 8 straight. Then Provodnikov, needing a KO to win, drops Bradley again with like 10 seconds left in the fight. Shit was better than a movie.

2 min into this clip. Bradley takes some of the biggest shots you'll ever see at that size, and refuses to circle away or take a single step back. I've been watching fights for 25+ years and have only seen a handful of guys plant their feet and declare war like that, for even a whole round. He did it for a whole fight.

I remember watching this fight live with my pops and we were both like "wooow". Those men were fighting that night.

Hagler vs Hearns round 1.

Without question IMO.

Hagler is my all time favorite fighter.

Forget round 1 of Edgar-Maynard 2,3
Forget round 3 of Korean Zombie-Poirier
Forget round 1 of Diaz-Gomi
Forget round 1 of Akiyama-Frye
Forget round 3 of Hagler Hearns
Forget round 8 of Ali-Foreman
Forget them all

This is the greatest round ever given by combat sports

Enjoy my friends

LMAO at "If Bob can chase him down he could finish this fight"

honorable mention

And people want a super heavyweight division lmao SMH

Hagler vs Hearns round 1.

Without question IMO.

Hagler is my all time favorite fighter.

Hagler was great but that performance by Ray Leonard was the stuff of legend ..one of top favorite boxing matches ever was Hagler vs Leonard..

No mention of Fedor, seriously?
Fedor vs Randleman has to be the craziest first round

Back