The greatest 'event' of all time?

PRIDE Final Conflict 2003

Goodridge vs. Bobish
Rampage vs. Chuck (Semifinal)
Wanderlei vs. Yoshida (Semifinal)
Hendo vs. Bustamante (Reserve)
Saku vs. Randleman
Nog vs. Crocop (Interim HW belt)
Wanderlei vs. Rampage (Tournament Final)

It's a stacked card, but the way it played out was amazing. Saku, Nog, and Hendo are my 3 all-time favorites.

UFC 3.
Steve Jennum took the MMA world by storm. Taken aback still just thinking of the glory.

That was crap. Royce and Shamrock pulling out and the winner being a complete random inserted into the finals.

Probably UFC 100 but most recently UFC 217 was sick.

I said it in the PRIDE 25 thread, but Rizin New Year Eve 2017 Day 2. 12 fights on the card, 12 fights and not a single one of them is even an average fight, they are all stellar.

Final conflict 05

Stakes were never higher imo.

Fedor consolidated his grip on Godhood,personally stepping through the gates of valhalla,and at lhw,shogun stood atop the mountain of bones,as the new king.

142 Aldo vs Mendes 1 was a sleeper for sure.

Barbozas insane KO of Etim
Weird KO/DQ fight with prater/Silva
Paul Harris injured his opponent
Vitor vs Anthony Johnson (who missed weight by like 12 lbs) vitor wins by RNC
Aldo with the knee KO in the last second of the first round.

Dope card to watch every now and then.

How about the Allied forces storming the beach of Normandy in 1944? That was one of the greatest events ever.

Normandy%20beach%20coming%20off%20boat.jpg

That was crap. Royce and Shamrock pulling out and the winner being a complete random inserted into the finals.
Jennum had the stones to do what Royce and Ken were too weak to do, finish the tournament. The 2nd Most Dangerous Man in the World.

FInal conflict 2005 still gives me goosebumps when i watch it.

dunno why people are saying Pride 25, granted it was a great event but best ever?

I'm most likely bias because I went to it live, but Pride 33 somehow still stands out to me as one of the greatest events in MMA history. High level match-ups, lots of finishes. Nothing but excitement in every fight.

If not that, I'm going with Shockwave 04. The combo of Hunt/Wandy and Fedor vs Big Nog to me makes it better than any event ever alone, add in Gomi vs Pulver, Chonan's flying scissor heel hook of Anderson, Decision Dan stealing a victory from Yuki Kondo, it was all and all, an amazing night.

UFC 100 was amazing, whatever the Bisping vs GSP card was too delivered in a big way. UFC 84 (BJ vs Sherk, Wanderlei vs Jardine!)

UFC's from 43-52 were all epic.

I don't know all the Strikeforce #s but they had a few really amazing events as well. Dream had a few that were just crazy good.

nobody has mentioned any but, the k-1 Hero's grand prix's were nuts too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back