The greatest 'event' of all time?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
So, we often talk about who the greatest fighters or fights were, but we don't talk about what the greatest events of all time ACROSS different organizations, not just UFC, or PRIDE, or etc.

So, in your opinion, what was the greatest event of all time?

Personally, I don't know if I can point to a single event and say it was by far the best, but one interesting event that I remember was one of the UFC cards, that had telecasted every single one of their fights just because there was enough quick finishes, if not in all fights, that they could show all of their scheduled fights. Now, you can watch every single one of their fights through different mediums, but it wasn't like that in the past. I feel like, kinda similar to the last UFC event, there are events that you get the vibe that it's just going to be little crazy, as you go from one fight to the next, and I don't know if there was an event as crazy as that one, perhaps crazy isn't the best word, but rather quick and unexpected.

Ufc 100 was one of the best the UFCever put on, but there was a thread earlier about pride 25, that was the shit imo

Frank Gotch vs George Hackenschmidtt

n_a-1_medium.jpeg

UFC 3.
Steve Jennum took the MMA world by storm. Taken aback still just thinking of the glory.

PRIDE 2000 Grand Prix Final

Not only did it feature most likely the most significant MMA contest in history in Kazushi Sakuraba vs Royce Gracie which Sakuraba would go on to defeat Royce Gracie , cementing Sakuraba as the greatest fighter in Japanese MMA history.

It also featured the resurrection of Mark Coleman who broke the undefeated streak of the legendary Ukrainian Igor Vovchanchyn ( an unbeaten streak of 37 fights )

bar none in my opinion the single greatest mixed martial arts event in history.

51BAACSNC5L.jpg

UFC 189 was the first event I bought with my own money, so I gotta go with that

I would say either final conflict 2003 or 2005 personally, both had classic finals to 205 GP's and both had a massive HW match on them with Nog/Crocop and Fedor/Crocop.

My Favorite was Barnett vs Kharitonov, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strikeforce:_Barnett_vs._Kharitonov

Cocky Yoel getting KO'd by a spinning backfist.
Jordan Mein hellbow assault
Pat Healy in the middle of his Strike Force tear
King Mo Head butt KO
Crazy tiny Cormier toppling the giant Big Foot after he took out Fedor.
Barnett feeling Sergei's power on the feet and immediately taking him down and getting the sub.
Solid fight between Rockhold and Jacare who went on to become top contender main stays in the UFC.

Last edited:
The obvious ones like UFC 100 or Pride 25 are going to get a lot of love but WEC 53 deserves a big shout out imo

UFCs 100, 205, 202, 139, 217, 129, 146, 136, 134, 94, 199, 189, 92 and 66 were all amazing PPVs

UFC on Fox 1-6 were all great before they started to go downhill

UFC fight night Shogun/Sonnen was great

UFC on Fuel: Silva/Stann was excellent

Pride: 25, 33, 28, any of the Final Conflicts, any event that contained matches from the 2005 MW GP, Bushido 9,

WEC: 53,48, 43, 36

Strikeforce: 63, 60, 52, 48, 38, 34,30 are all memorable

I'm sure there are tons of others I'm forgetting. Don't have a lot of Bellator on there since I usually watch individual fights and not entire cards

Thinking about all this made me really want to go back and watch a bunch of old amazing fights so thanks TS

Pride FC 2003 Elimination
Wanderlei vs Sakuraba
Cro Cop vs Vovchanchyn
Yoshida vs Tamura
Lidell vs Overeem
Nogeuira vs Ricco Rodriquez
Rampage vs Bustamante

2003 Final Conflict was even more stacked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back