The Great Smartphone & Tablet Thread, v4 (Android & Windows): Curved Screens Taking Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardonaLJ**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Continued from:

v1: The Great Android vs. Apple Debate
v2: The Great Smartphone & Tablet Thread, v2: iPhone / iPad / Android / WP8 / Blackberry
v3: The Great Smartphone & Tablet Thread, v3: iPhone / iPad / Android / WP8 / Blackberry

The big boys are coming!

SAMSUNG GALAXY S6
Att_GS6_gld_600x600_xlarge_grp_1.jpg

HTC ONE M9
HTC%20One%20M9_Gold_3V-970-80.jpg

Hoping with the s6 edge coming out they might actually have something useful for my Note 4 Edge screen.

im torn. i have an htc m7 which i converted to a GPE so im due for an upgrade. I like the ease of HTC allowing you to unlock the bootloader and flash roms.

BUT

the s6 looks beautiful. and i got a case for it for a buck from spigen.

HTC allows monthly payments if you buy the phone carrier free. dont know if samsung allows it. im still grandfathered into the old unlimted data plan on att. i can afford the 56 bucks a month for 12 months. im gonna wait for more reviews but at the moment im edging more towards the S6.

that being said i dont want carrier bloatware. and theres also no GPE from either that i know of as well.

ugh

I have the Nexus 5 and could barely use it until the last update (5.1 I think).

Whatever they did really fixed up my phone. Nearly every app I opened was crashing, including Chrome and other first party apps. Battery drain was a big problem too. Now it works fine. I checked the Google Play Store and apparently they stopped selling it! LOL

That's what google does when they find something that works: stop making it.

Whatever they did really fixed up my phone. Nearly every app I opened was crashing, including Chrome and other first party apps. Battery drain was a big problem too. Now it works fine. I checked the Google Play Store and apparently they stopped selling it! LOL

i guess if i went on contract and just used the google launcher id be fine. ugh

anyone know what knox is anyway? im going to unlock the bootloader and flash a good rom but i keep hearing samsung has something called knox?

anyone know what knox is anyway? im going to unlock the bootloader and flash a good rom but i keep hearing samsung has something called knox?

I tried that when I had the LG L90, and I didn't like how the icons looked, they were too big and the LG apps looked awful. Stock Android has icons that fit the launcher perfectly in size and design.

Not 100% sure what knox is. I know its something about security and i saw that if you unlock it, it will trip the knox. I think it has something to do with if you ever brought it back to the store they would know your unlocked it.

Probably wrong.

Sucks ATT locked the bootloader on the note 4 edge. Really wanted to unlock it.

What?! Mother fuckers! Nexus 4 for $400, Nexus 5 for $400, Nexus 6 for $750+. I was all set on a 5 for my next phone, but a 6 is too large and way too expensive.

iphone is the best. no question. if they're not then why do most celebrities have them

I'm waiting for the lg g4 if it doesn't interest me I may give the s6 a shot

I couldn't deal with the battery drain on my Nexus 5. I replaced it with a Moto X 2014 Pure Edition and am much happier.

Anyone with an LG G2 have their gps fuck up on them? It can't lock down my location so Google maps has essentially devolved into map quest for me.

Any fixes? Not under warranty anymore.

I heard some people have been able to correct this by physically pressing down around the gps chip, but that hasn't worked for me.

I couldn't deal with the battery drain on my Nexus 5. I replaced it with a Moto X 2014 Pure Edition and am much happier.

Oh that's a good option. I forgot about the Moto X. It was a bit more expensive I think, so I got the N5 instead.

i've had the bbz10 for 2 years now and i was starting to think about replacing it. Now that i have gotten the 10.3 update i'm really liking it again. lots of tricks and new looks on it that i'm quite happy about. not to mention finally getting into the amazon app store, it's still not all the apps but much much better.

It looks like the M9 is inferior to the M8 is every way except camera and gaming graphics power.

The M8 has better battery (and better battery than the Galaxy S6), a better calibrated screen with the same resolution, less heat-related performance issues, and performs just as well on most benchmarks. For several hundred dollars less.

I've noticed a lot of the iOS users don't post anymore. I'm not sure how useful an Apple vs. Android thread is, anymore, and for all intents and purposes, the last version of this thread effectively became an Android discussion thread.

So I'm bifurcating the thread. I expect we'll continue to discuss Android and Windows mostly in here, and we'll leave the iOS users be in another. I think this will generate more discussion. That being said: discussion/comparison of iOS devices isn't necessarily forbidden. It's just that iOS really does inhabit its own little niche world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back