The Great Smartphone & Tablet Thread, v4 (Android & Windows): Curved Screens Taking Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
And i get that.

You force your device to tailor your needs. That's swell. But I want a device that's already tailored to my needs. Oh...and works. Yeah, it WORKING is a big plus.

What you seem to gloss over is that all the "apple centric" great design shit...stuff like i-tunes, i-cloud...changing their power adapter for no good reason (don't give me a thinner bullshit) it's a money grab. The head phone jack being tossed so they can make their already thin and bendable phone...thinner is bullshit. When i-cloud first came out it auto uploaded everything and I didn't remember giving it permission to do so...it just did so. And shutting it entirely off, like everything else with apple, required a google search and a tutorial video.

Developing for them and being forced to compile your shit in x code because you work on a pc, is bullshit.

Their renaming and fucking up every song file you have on your phone...oh you wanna share a song with someone? Good luck finding "ACDC - Thunderstruck" as it's now named "1Hn6G". Wanna share a video with someone? Fuck you, use i-tunes. Wanna drop a new song onto your phone? Fuck you, use i-tunes.

And finally surfing the web. Something so outrageously simple in today's age. Something my 12 year oldd lap top does flawlessly still...is a god damn nightmare because of reasons that are unknown to me...but I guess it's apple's way of saying hey, you haven't bought an apple product in a few years like everyone else...so we'll just slowly beat the fuck out of your devices with these "updates". I mean how else can you explain products that are less than 5 years old having issues simply web browsing?

While I can forgive my 4 year old phone for having a bettery life that goes from 25 percent to 10 percent in a blink...I can't everything else.

It's a shit product going in a shit direction. The fact that you wanna ignore all that because you yourself take the time to force the phone to stop being an apple product. I and everyone else shouldn't have to do that. It should simply be a good phone.

If phones were people, i-phones would be hitler.

article-2401242-1B6875D5000005DC-169_306x611.jpg

I could say stuff like "Show me on the doll where mean ole' Apple touched you" and be a dick, but I get exactly what your saying.

Apple iPhones are not for you.
Apple iPhones are for ALOT of people.
Apple iPhones are not for EVERYONE.

This goes for anything really. I get it. I can see your frustrations with them. To each their own.

I could say stuff like "Show me on the doll where mean ole' Apple touched you" and be a dick, but I get exactly what your saying.

Apple iPhones are not for you.
Apple iPhones are for ALOT of people.
Apple iPhones are not for EVERYONE.

This goes for anything really. I get it. I can see your frustrations with them. To each their own.
I had to do a lot of things to make my samsung more useful too. I installed and paid for a new launcher. Nova prime which looks like stock android. I had to download the google keyboard. The default browser wasn't chrome so I had to get chrome.
The widgets killed the battery.

Either way. No phone is perfect.

Does this mean that Apple plans on the ipod making a comeback?

They should have kept the 3mm jack even if it meant can't slim it down further, maybe even make it thicker if it means more battery life.

iPhone 6plus here.
Downloaded iOS 10 yesterday.

Notifications become a bit more intrusive especially on the locked screen.

Major problems I'm having are that the phone,for some reason gets really warm when in use now and my battery life has gone to shit. I've been losing 50% in 2 hours. I made sure all of my settings were still intact that might effect battery life (background app refresh, location services etc.)

Any one else download the upgrade? Any issues?

Does iOS have an equivalent of Task Manager where you could see what specifically is using up your CPU or maybe something that tells you what right now is using your network bandwidth?

After some of these updates, sometimes Safari won't load a page or might take it's time like what I want to look at is NOT a priority and someone else is doing something without permission and I have to power down and power on again for Safari to load pages normally.

iPhone 6plus here.
Downloaded iOS 10 yesterday.

Notifications become a bit more intrusive especially on the locked screen.

Major problems I'm having are that the phone,for some reason gets really warm when in use now and my battery life has gone to shit. I've been losing 50% in 2 hours. I made sure all of my settings were still intact that might effect battery life (background app refresh, location services etc.)

Any one else download the upgrade? Any issues?
I'm not a fan of iOS 10, they got rid of the slide to unlock. I feel like it will wear out my home button faster. I have a 5 so I don't have the fingerprint scanner.

I'm not a fan of iOS 10, they got rid of the slide to unlock. I feel like it will wear out my home button faster. I have a 5 so I don't have the fingerprint scanner.
Yeah I don't like that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back