THE GIFTED on Fox (Cancelled After Season 2)

only half way I'm 100% all in just like with legion after halfway threw can't wait for runaways also now

Just finished, decent start for a new show. has promise but lets see where it goes.

Take that, Perlmutter!

tenor.gif

So far it's like the better version of Heroes. Hopefully they put on costumes at some point.

Very good first episode. When they announced the premise back in January, I initially thought it was not that interesting. But they did a great job, I was totally invested in the family. They also did an excellent job of not dragging it out. Other shows would have waited until episode 2 or 3 before the Sentinel Services came to their houses.

Since giant robots are out of the question due to budgetary reasons, I like their version of Sentinels. The robot spiders were cool and intimidating. The whole sequence of them being chased by those things were well done.

The X-Men animated series theme song Easter Egg was nice. Wished Stan Lee's cameo had more meat than just a passerby with no lines.

The Gifted is off to a great start and I hope the rest of the season is as good as the pilot.

c1KGmek.jpg

The moment an X-Men tv show was announced I wondered who they were going to cast as Reed, an ambitious attorney trying to balance the demands of his job at the DA's office with his responsibilities to his family.
Rama, you should check out the show. It's promising. Plus you'll finally see iconic X-Men character Reed in action.

Another thing that stood out to me was the family's last name is Strucker. In the comics, the Strucker twins were the superpowered children of Baron Von Strucker. I'm sure they don't have the rights to Baron Strucker (who already appeared in the MCU), but maybe there's a dark family history with the Struckers on this TV show.

Fenris-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Andrea-Andreas-Strucker-Twins.jpg

Dude, that was a great first episode. Even my non comicbook wife liked it.

How can MCU TV be missing the mark so badly?

Loved the episode!

Excited to see Root back on screen. The True Blood guy is cool, too. And I always love me some underground mutants. I'm all in.

And now I will watch The Inhumans and I don't care what anyone says, I will enjoy it.

Another thing that stood out to me was the family's last name is Strucker. In the comics, the Strucker twins were the superpowered children of Baron Von Strucker. I'm sure they don't have the rights to Baron Strucker (who already appeared in the MCU), but maybe there's a dark family history with the Struckers on this TV show.

This is actually one of those weird rights situations where both Fox and Marvel have the rights to the Strucker character. Kind of like QS. Baron von Strucker and the kids in AoS are the Marvel version, and I guess this nuclear family is the Fox version.

But overall, I was really surprised, this episode hit all the check boxes it needed to for a solid X-Men based show. Superpowers, an ominous evil government presence, teen melodrama (I kid), The Man, the ringtone, the chase and the fear of mutants. It's no Legion but we can't really compare any other show to it, it kind of stands alone.

It's a good 7/10 type show that isn't mindblowing but could definitely go for a few seasons and pick up steam along the way.

Good catch:cool:

The MCU Strucker was appalling. They took one of the better comic book villains and turned him into a throw away joke. He gets besmirched by the Avengers then killed off-screen by Ultron.

Natalie Lind has a couple of things going for her.
s13UIpG.jpg

Watching the first episode now. So far, so good.

<mma4>

2nd episode was pretty solid. The plot didn't drastically move forward but we got more character development and relationships forming. The Blink subplot about her powers going haywire was a good standalone story.

Thunderbird is becoming a favorite character of mine. He's a level-headed guy with some badass powers. Aside from being a great tracker and heightened sense, we find out he's super strong and tough also.
cNFe1tt.jpg

Stupid camera cuts and other viewing obstructions.
rAX3RBK.jpg

The outfit really suits Lauren. Hope for some she can't find any other clothes in this season.
lBNbDNp.jpg

Lauren and Andy are probably descendants of Fenris. They'll probably be more powerful when they use their powers and are in physical contact.
d6E9WUx.jpg

Back