Movies THE FLASH (Final Trailer, post #907; First Reactions, post #866)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keaton returning as Batman, cool.
Flash multiverse bs?? Nah I’m out...

With Ezra Miller you have to wonder who pole he was smoking. He is the most irritating whiny actor alive. Doesn’t exude one bit of a super hero quality.

Finally. The king has returned.
source.gif

Update: June 22, 2020

Michael Keaton in Talks to Return as Batman in THE FLASH Movie

bOv4NCH.jpg

After nearly 30 years, Michael Keaton is in talks to return to the role of Batman, to appear alongside Ezra Miller in Warner Bros.’ upcoming movie “The Flash,” TheWrap has learned exclusively. Talks with Keaton are in the very early stages, it is far from a sure thing, and can go either way. No details are currently available about how big or small Keaton’s role is.

If a deal makes, Keaton wouldn’t just return for Flash but possibly for several other DC-oriented film projects. Sources tell THR that the role being envisioned for the veteran actor is akin to the role played by Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, something of a mentor or guide or even string-puller. Batgirl is one the projects in development that could fall into that category.

That plot will introduce general audiences to the idea of the multiverse, one of the of core concepts underpinning DC Comics. For the non fanboy set, the multiverse refers to a shifting number of alternate universes that coexist within the larger reality depicted in DC comics. Originally created to explain various contradictory changes the company’s characters experienced over decades, it allows several different versions of the same characters to simultaneously exist and, occasionally, interact. Matt Reeves upcoming “The Batman” will not be affected and Robert Pattinson’s Bruce Wayne is still viewed as the future of the franchise.

One notable component is the idea that in every single universe, Earth is always home to a larger than normal number of superpowered heroes and villains whose actions often have galaxy-spanning consequences.

DC has been planting the seeds of the multiverse for the last several years. It was introduced in The CW’s “Arrowverse” franchise, with “Supergirl” and “Black Lightning” expressly established as being in separate universes from “Arrow,” “The Flash,” and “Legends of Tomorrow.” But most recently, during The CW’s crossover event “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” movies such as “Wonder Woman” and “Justice League” were confirmed as part of the Arrowverse multiverse when the Barry Allen played by Grant Gustin on The CW encountered Miller’s Barry Allen.

And while it’s still not known how the multiverse concept will play out in other future DC Comics movies, it certainly expands the available options for Warner Bros as it develops them. Just in case it wants to find a way to pit Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker against, say, the current version of Aquaman.

Keaton last played Batman in 1992’s “Batman Returns,” but quit the role during development of a third film after Burton was pushed out as director and replaced with Joel Schumacher, who took the series in a campier direction with 1995’s “Batman Forever” and its much-reviled 1997 follow up “Batman & Robin.”

But “The Flash” will disregard the latter two entries entirely, and explore what Keaton’s version of Batman has been up since we last saw him. Loosely based on the 2011 DC Comics crossover event “Flashpoint” — previously announced as the film’s title at Comic-Con 2017 — the story sees Ezra Miller’s Barry Allen travel back in time to prevent the death of his mother. The result? Allen inadvertently creates another universe protected by Michael Keaton’s Batman, now 30 years older.

“It: Chapter Two” director Andrés Muschietti is set to direct “The Flash” movie from the latest draft of the script from “Birds of Prey” writer Christina Hodson. Barbara Muschietti and Michael Disco are producing.

https://www.thewrap.com/batman-returns-michael-keaton-bruce-wayne-the-flash-movie/

I had zero interest in a Flashpoint movie starring Ezra, Choke Me Harder Daddy! Miller. But if the Lord of the Wings himself is returning to play Batman? Shut the fuck up and take my money, DC!

I was always all in, but Keaton back as Batman would be the best thing to happen

Ya but seems silly to do The Batman with pattinson.
I'm interested why you say that? Do you hate two actors portraying the same character at the same time? It is kinda funny that this is happening with Batman/Batman and Flash/Flash, right?

I kind of like the disparate iterations. THE BATMAN seems always intended to be separate from whatever plans they had for the DC EU at the time. When Affleck was onboard, it kind of got muddied, and muddier still after JOKER overperformed -- naturally WB would want to bridge those two together, not just because it's Batman and Joker but, shit, WB needs every little bit of help gaining traction (we're seeing it now with Keaton coming to the aid of FLASH, which can't seem to get off the ground).

I'm interested why you say that? Do you hate two actors portraying the same character at the same time? It is kinda funny that this is happening with Batman/Batman and Flash/Flash, right?

I kind of like the disparate iterations. THE BATMAN seems always intended to be separate from whatever plans they had for the DC EU at the time. When Affleck was onboard, it kind of got muddied, and muddier still after JOKER overperformed -- naturally WB would want to bridge those two together, not just because it's Batman and Joker but, shit, WB needs every little bit of help gaining traction (we're seeing it now with Keaton coming to the aid of FLASH, which can't seem to get off the ground).
Well the Batman is going to restart Batman, if the "bat family" starts from Keaton and the flash it makes either The Batman in the past, or completely separate. Either works but is odd.

Well the Batman is going to restart Batman, if the "bat family" starts from Keaton and the flash it makes either The Batman in the past, or completely separate. Either works but is odd.
I don't believe that to be the case. THE BATMAN doesn't restart anything -- it's in its own pocket, so to speak. This is why Ben Affleck's erstwhile involvement was a bit confusing. From the production standpoint, they wanted to join the elements they felt worked (ie made money) and the internet buzz was that Affleck turned in a surprisingly good rendition. Given his name recognition as both actor AND filmmaker, it made financial sense to want to bring him into THE BATMAN but, storywise, Reeves already had his own design and it looks like that's remained intact (although I really would have preferred Reeves' original choice of Gyllenhaal). We'll see if they shoehorn in Phoenix, but I have a lot of faith in Matt Reeves.

Last edited:

WebMonkeyHighlander2.jpg

Barry Allen is not even The Flash. He’s the middle child Flash. The worst one. Better forgotten. He’s shit-flash
THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOOOOOOOO....

But seriously, I got into THE FLASH during the Wally West days myself. Mark Waid's FLASH is so much fun.

Barry was a bit before my time so I didn't really know about him, but he's regarded as the purest of the Silver Age ("middle," ha!) pantheon. The Justice League thinks Barry's just swell.

wait, so there is more than one flash?
There are three. Jay Garrick is the Golden Age Flash (he's got a stupid hat), Barry Allen is the Silver Age, Wally West was the I dunno what we called that Age. The cartoon SUPERFRIENDS in the 80s was Barry, and typically Barry is the one adapted from the comics. Wally made it onto the television show, but I don't know really know anything about the show or how he relates to its Barry Allen.

During the Wally West era, writer Mark Waid devised a Force-type concept called the Speed Force -- which opened up the advent of cross-pollination throughout time. So sometimes future versions of characters are interacting with past versions, or evil dimensional counterparts, of their characters and shit like that, which directly leads into FLASHPOINT's machinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back