Movies THE FLASH (Final Trailer, post #907; First Reactions, post #866)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ezra's a fucking wanker, not sure I'd trust him with a script, but who knows. He had good chemistry with Affleck in Justice League, once of the few bright spots in that movie.

All it takes is the thumbnail to capture the entire essence of the interview.

On the right: grounded normal person.

On the left: ohmygodimfreakingoooouuuuut yaasssssssqueen hyped up weirdo.

Ezra as flash seems great in a support role I just cant see him as tveckeading role in a movie. ........ I thought Aquaman would be terrible but Momoa was a perfect choice same with WW. Affleck slicked as batman same with rest.

Other than WW an AM all need re casting

I'd like them to keep most of the WB movies darker, but Flash isn't one of them. Didn't really care for Miller as Flash nor the way they portrayed him. His costume was shit, he ran like he was speed skating, his speed trail looked like he was welding, and he generally acted like a spazzy teenage girl. Not sure if Morrisson can save this. I like some of his stuff, while other stuff is just out there.

Update: July 2, 2019

Andy Muschietti Replaces John Frances Daley and Jonathan Goldestein as THE FLASH Director

3Nd7lgN.jpg

Warner Bros.’ Flash movie project has been jolted by lighting. Andy Muschietti, the filmmaker behind the hit Stephen King adaptation It and the upcoming It: Chapter Two, is in talks to direct the action-adventure project based on the DC Comics superhero. His partner and sister, Barbara Muschietti, will produce, joining Michael Disco on the project.

John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, who wrote drafts of the script and were slated to helm the project, have moved on. However, Ezra Miller, the actor who has long been attached to star as the fleet-footed hero, remains on board to star.

But in a further development, the studio won’t be moving forward with the script Miller co-wrote with comics author Grant Morrison. Instead, Warners will hire Christina Hodson, the scribe behind Bumblebee and the studio's upcoming DC movie, the Margot Robbie-fronted Birds of Prey, to tackle the script. The goal is to be in prep by January.

Dealmaking has not yet begun, stress insiders. Official offers are expected to go out shortly.

Goldstein and Daley’s exit is described as voluntarily, according to multiple sources. The pair have been with the project since January 2018, writing the script and developing it to direct. At one point, the project seemed like it was heading toward a start date in late 2019. But months of tensions over creative differences bogged down the project, with the duo deciding it was time to move on and find new opportunities.

The tensions surfaced around what kind of take was the best fit for a Flash movie. Miller, who has played the character since 2016’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, favored a darker approach, while Goldstein and Daley, the pair who wrote Spider-Man: Homecoming and were behind the comedy hit Game Night, wanted the opposite.

The two sides have been working on compromises since last year, but Miller then made the unusual move to take it upon himself to pen his own script, enlisting the aid of comics superstar Morrison. That script was submitted to the studio in March. By May, the studio rejected his approach, but concluded that Miller should still remain the Scarlet Speedster.

Muschietti hails from the horror world and made his feature debut with Mama, the 2013 thriller that starred Jessica Chastain. His adaptation of It, released in 2017, was a critical and commercial hit, making over $700 million worldwide. Warners is high on the sequel, with the title being the only movie the studio will be showcasing at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con. With Muschietti being chosen for Flash, the studio is clearly pleased with the filmmaker, too.

If a deal is made, Muschietti will be the latest horror filmmaker to cross over to directing a DC movie after going through the trenches of sister division New Line. James Wan directed Aquaman, a billion dollar hit, while David Sandberg, who directed Annabelle: Creation and Lights Out, made the most recent DC hit, Shazam! Jaume Collet-Serra, who got his start with movies such as House of Wax and Orphan, is attached to helm Black Adam.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/it-director-andy-muschietti-direct-flash-movie-1216021

I would not be surprised if this movie gets cancelled.

Last edited:
God damn, what a shit-show this movie's production has been. I'd be surprised if it ever comes out, much less if it's any good.

Wow..... honestly children could make better decisions about DCs future than Warner Bros.

Lol wait a minute, the actor tried to write his own script for the movie?????????
What a fucking diva.

I cant stand that guy. He's just a terrible Flash. That spazzy shit in Justice League got old 5 minutes in.

I like that DC will make darker superhero flicks, but The Flash shouldn't be one of them. Every DC headline just gets worse and worse. It's like they're trying to outdo their own shitty decisions....and succeeding.

Lol wait a minute, the actor tried to write his own script for the movie?????????
What a fucking diva.

I cant stand that guy. He's just a terrible Flash. That spazzy shit in Justice League got old 5 minutes in.

In his defence it seemed like no one else was going to go it.

In his defence it seemed like no one else was going to go it.
It sounds like they already had a script, but Miller didnt like it. The guys that did the recent Spiderman movies wanted to make the Flash more fun and bright, and Miller wanted to make it dark...as if that's been working for DC.
<{cruzshake}>

It sounds like they already had a script, but Miller didnt like it. The guys that did the recent Spiderman movies wanted to make the Flash more fun and bright, and Miller wanted to make it dark...as if that's been working for DC.
<{cruzshake}>

DC hasn’t done a dark movie since BvS in 2016.

lol what a shitshow. Flash tv show >>>>
Flash's daughter is sneaky fucking hot.

I really hope Joker hits it out of the park. With Marvel rebuilding after losing their biggest stars in Phase 3, this would be the perfect time for DC to claw back some ground.

Update: December 11, 2019

Warner Bros. Sets July 1, 2022 Release Date for THE FLASH Movie Starring Ezra Miller

lzEcozr.jpg

Warner Bros. has dated its DC Comics solo The Flash movie for the summer of 2022 and will be released on July 1, the studio announced on Wednesday.

Ezra Miller will reprise his role as the scarlet speedster. Created in 1956, DC Comics’ The Flash, whose secret identity is Barry Allen, is a hero with the power of super speed that allows him incredible abilities, including time travel. The character was a part of Zack Snyder’s Justice League and debuted in 2016’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

“Nothing is ever certain in this world, but as certain as things get, we’re making a f–king crazy-dope ‘Flash’ movie,” Miller said in an interview with Playboy.

Miller called starring in the standalone movie “one of my greatest life dreams.”

“Anyone who knows about Barry Allen knows he may arrive late, very late, but once he gets there, it’s all solved. We have to trust,” Miller said.

It director Andy Muschietti is in talks to direct The Flash, an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap. Muschietti’s partner and sister, Barbara Muschietti, will produce along with Michael Disco on the film. Birds of Prey writer Christina Hodson is being eyed to write the script.

https://www.thewrap.com/dc-comics-the-flash-movie-july-2022-release-date/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back