The Falling Man of 9/11.

Inb4 Sherdog commences determining if it’s too soon to shoop!

11194043.jpg

Hopefully not too soon.

Fuck what a nightmare that must have been. I don’t ever remember seeing that. Being cooked alive or throwing yourself to your death.....just fuck

They began jumping not long after the first plane hit the North Tower, not long after the fire started. They kept jumping until the tower fell. They jumped through windows already broken and then, later, through windows they broke themselves. They jumped to escape the smoke and the fire; they jumped when the ceilings fell and the floors collapsed; they jumped just to breathe once more before they died. They jumped continually, from all four sides of the building, and from all floors above and around the building's fatal wound. They jumped from the offices of Marsh & McLennan, the insurance company; from the offices of Cantor Fitzgerald, the bond-trading company; from Windows on the World, the restaurant on the 106th and 107th floors—the top. For more than an hour and a half, they streamed from the building, one after another, consecutively rather than en masse, as if each individual required the sight of another individual jumping before mustering the courage to jump himself or herself. One photograph, taken at a distance, shows people jumping in perfect sequence, like parachutists, forming an arc composed of three plummeting people, evenly spaced. Indeed, there were reports that some tried parachuting, before the force generated by their fall ripped the drapes, the tablecloths, the desperately gathered fabric, from their hands. They were all, obviously, very much alive on their way down, and their way down lasted an approximate count of ten seconds. They were all, obviously, not just killed when they landed but destroyed, in body though not, one prays, in soul. One hit a fireman on the ground and killed him; the fireman's body was anointed by Father Mychal Judge, whose own death, shortly thereafter, was embraced as an example of martyrdom after the photograph—the redemptive tableau—of firefighters carrying his body from the rubble made its way around the world.

Ouch!
Why didn't reporters cover the fireman body drop story?
Imagine if your friend got killed by a random body falling from the sky.

Last edited:
Ouch!
Why didn't reporters cover the fireman body drop story?
Imagine if your friend got killed by a random body falling from the sky.

Jesus. I've never read that before. Brutal stuff. And the world was forever changed.

Fuck what a nightmare that must have been. I don’t ever remember seeing that. Being cooked alive or throwing yourself to your death.....just fuck

I suppose it all depends on what is on the other side of life.

The endless quiet of the grave, some great reward, or anything inbteween.

Either way, I think we all should respect his solemn choice he made.

Between the heat of the fire and choking in the smokes of hell, or a last few seconds flying free of that torched abyss towards what many see as the unknown in death.

All respect to him, all honor, and let us honor him further by protecting other innocent people from the same fate.

All things considered. Jumping from a high rise building is not the worse way to go.
Too early for that guy of course.

What the hell happened there. Anyone know how long that took to fix on an old iPhone 5s?

Edit;: should I try to copy an image onto here again?

the infamous 'falling man' was a maitre de at the high level restaurant of that tower if memory serves.
asked to attend one of the eulogies for the victims, including him, his daughter reportedly responded,
"That his not my father, he would never be such a coward" or something to that effect. just what I read.

denial, it's more than a river.

but what a choice to have to make within minutes and either decision ending in death.
hm. wait it out to burn, suffocate, burn..etc.
OR
simply take a dive out the window to certain, instant but painless really death.

the infamous 'falling man' was a maitre de at the high level restaurant of that tower if memory serves.
asked to attend one of the eulogies for the victims, including him, his daughter reportedly responded,
"That his not my father, he would never be such a coward" or something to that effect. just what I read.

but what a choice to have to make within minutes and either decision ending in death.
OR
simply take a dive out the window to certain, instant but painless really death.
yeah i saw a doco and they claimed it was him but the fam denied due to some religious stuff

OR

Yes, a faithful choice, and something to remind us that we all must pass through that door sooner or later.

The life of men is like grass,
they flourish like a flower of the field;
the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more. - From psalm 103

Back