The Faculty(1998 film)

Lavitz

It’s Showtime!
@Black
Reaction score
faculty-main.jpg

90s teen horror flick starring Elijah Wood, Josh Harnett, and Robert Patrick.

Mix of Invasion of the Body snatchers and The Thing taking place in a high school setting.

I think this used come on the Sci-Fi channel a lot and I just remember catching it on late night block hours growing up.

Story isn’t anything special and it has a lot of cliches but it has its moments of scares and comedy.

giphy.gif

Teachers being taken over by aliens, jinkies!

It’s a fun movie that goes by quickly while just kicking back.

Anybody seen it before? Liked or hated it?

Discuss...

I liked it. It's just another Body Snatchers clone, but these tend to be good in general.

The soundtrack was good. I liked the covers of 18 and The Wall. And everyone turned in adequate performances. Thumbs up.

Saw it in theaters and thought it was pretty good
I remember that blonde chick had a nice ass for a skinny chick

Underrated and a lot of fun. Great cast. As far as Invasion of the Body Snatchers descendants go, this is a good one.

Yeah, it is good for what it is. I enjoyed it, had some nice turns. And lol how they have Usher in the on the poster, he had a pretty small role, smaller than at least 2 people not on the poster at all. I agree on the good soundtrack as well. 6/10

Yeah, it is good for what it is. I enjoyed it, had some nice turns. And lol how they have Usher in the on the poster, he had a pretty small role, smaller than at least 2 people not on the poster at all. I agree on the good soundtrack as well. 6/10
Yeah Jon Stewart had more screen time than Usher. Probably just trying to grab fans to watch. It’s all good though.

The Goth chick is the Hottest Ugliest chick ever.... If that makes any sense.

this movie was great when it came out. A teen horror style story. I’ve recently watched it and it’s still really good flick

Plus it has

tumblr_oouuajtQqZ1up42jgo6_540.gif

Also Robert Patrick just oozes charisma and intimidation. His facial acting alone is top notch.

3240-2.jpg

tumblr_oiyvewv66K1tc0gvdo1_1280.gif

I haven't seen it in ages but I remember it being pretty enjoyable. It was a fun update of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I'll be honest, I have trouble thinking of too many similar movies (send-ups of B-movies) in the past few years. It would be nice to see some more films in this vein being made.

I just rewatched it. The thing that stuck out to me was how the druggie kid's product(scat) was passed off as some kind of concentrated caffeine he was selling to high schoolers. It was crystal meth, lol.

This and disturbing behavior were fsirly decent.

Its a sequel to the movie life ;)

Back