The downfall of Travis Browne

Joseephii

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
While working out earlier today, I listened to the latest episode of The Fighter and The Kid. I don’t always enjoy the show, but since they were discussing UFC 203, I decided to give it a listen, since Brendan often gives some nice insight into the fights.

During the podcast, they discussed the Travis Browne vs Fabricio Werdum fight, and Brendan mention that “anything but Travis being a champion” is an upset. He also mentioned how advance his footwork, kicks, and boxing were before he came to Glendale.

I was very skeptical of Brandon`s claim, and decided to check his older fights out, and boy, was he right! His footwork and the angle he was cutting, was on another level! A good example of it, is the fight against Stefan Struve, where he knocked him out in the first round by a superman punch. The way he moves and his footwork in that fight, is out of another world, especially for a heavyweight! I encourage everyone to watch the Stefan Struve fight, and watch his movements and footwork, and then watch one of his recent fights. His recent footwork, is mostly a wide stance and a awkward way of moving.

Glendale - where potential die.

Edmund ruined Ellenberger too.

I find it hard to feel sorry for him, something about Browne rubs me the wrong way. Then when he got with Ronda and Edmond it confirmed it all for me, it's kinda fitting that they're a team, I cant decide which of them is more cringeworthy.

You can't expect Travis Browne to master a new system overnight. He will regroup, Edmond will make the necessary adjustments, and he will be back stronger than ever.

Ronda doesn't even fight anymore so it doesn't make sense why Browne has to train at Glendale

He fights top guys, is pretty tough, doesn't get finished easily, and puts on bangers. Get in the octagon noob

Who needs footwork and striking when you have the secrets of Wushu? Travis and Ronda simply have poor chakra levels, it's not Edmond's fault.

Schaub is just saying he can be champ because Travis beat him lol

Travis won't be top 10 by the summer or next year.

Enter Lewis and Ngannou

Travis was never good. He got lucky against guys much better than him with his downward elbows.

While working out earlier today, I listened to the latest episode of The Fighter and The Kid. I don’t always enjoy the show, but since they were discussing UFC 203, I decided to give it a listen, since Brendan often gives some nice insight into the fights.

During the podcast, they discussed the Travis Browne vs Fabricio Werdum fight, and Brendan mention that “anything but Travis being a champion” is an upset. He also mentioned how advance his footwork, kicks, and boxing were before he came to Glendale.

I was very skeptical of Brandon`s claim, and decided to check his older fights out, and boy, was he right! His footwork and the angle he was cutting, was on another level! A good example of it, is the fight against Stefan Struve, where he knocked him out in the first round by a superman punch. The way he moves and his footwork in that fight, is out of another world, especially for a heavyweight! I encourage everyone to watch the Stefan Struve fight, and watch his movements and footwork, and then watch one of his recent fights. His recent footwork, is mostly a wide stance and a awkward way of moving.

I'm seriously curious what workout you were doing while listening to that podcast? Treadmill?

I find it hard to feel sorry for him, something about Browne rubs me the wrong way. Then when he got with Ronda and Edmond it confirmed it all for me, it's kinda fitting that they're a team, I cant decide which of them is more cringeworthy.

Browne is a dirty fighter and a prick. Here's a short list:
  • He said he didn't want Bigfoot to make a name off of him when Bigfoot was a much more popular fighter.
  • He has won multiple fights with illegal 12 to 6 elbows. I think they should be legal but they're not, so he should have been DQ'ed
  • Used Barnett's slashing throat gesture after beating Barnett with illegal elbows when Barnett had been respectful in the lead up
  • Dating Ronda Rousey
  • Abused his girlfriend or wife - whatever she was. Look at the pics. He beat the shit out of her. Pics at bottom.
  • Bullied journalists during press conferences multiple times
  • Multiple eye gouges during several fights with the most egregious being the Mitrione fight
  • Associates himself with sleaze bag Edmund
  • Finally....this photo. Some random dad happened to be taking a photo of his daughter, and you can see Travis Browne trying to intimidate him in the background. The photo has been cropped and the daughter is in full focus in the bottom left of the real uncropped photo. Just some kid having a birthday party with her dad and family. The daughter was obviously the target of the photo but Browne thinks this random dad is creeping on him and Rousey.
hqdefault.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-04-22-at-11.06.49-AM.png

Browne is a prick for real, and I love watching him get his fucking ass kicked. I hope he stays with Edmond and has 25 more MMA fights.

Fight against Overeem should have been stopped. He got very lucky. He's a decent fighter, but against anybody good he's going to get his ass kicked.

I think that's just what the heavyweight division is nowadays. Guys go on runs, then start losing, then eventually start winning again. Everyone looks unbeatable until they get ko'd in their next fight and the cycle continues.

You can't expect Travis Browne to master a new system overnight. He will regroup, Edmond will make the necessary adjustments, and he will be back stronger than ever.

How dare you bring logic in here

Get rid of Edmond, give it another go. Seriously, he just seems depressed while fighting nowadays.

Dudes name is Brendan. But ok bro

Back