The Cyborg hate is ridiculous

4d3842cd93df4958af3addbc614509aa.gif

Completely ignore the cheating, she's still fucking terrible. Name anyone else in the history of the sport who whined for a higher division forever then turned down the inaugural title fight because making weight in 2 months was too hard.

Her fans aren't MMA fans, they're fans of watching trannies beat up smaller women. They don't like the spirit of competition or the sport, they like watching little girls get assaulted.

No, the situations are not equivalent. Men have a decent amount of anabolic hormones running naturally so when they take steroids it's just in a way adding to what you naturally have. Men also have naturally higher bone density already so the percentage change of difference there is less. Women, comparatively, have very little natural anabolic hormone and lower bone density. So the degree to which Cyborg changed herself physically, in relation to the women she competes again, is far greater than when a man takes a steroid and competes against another man.
Agreed.

Whatever they can do to drive this abomination from the sport is a good thing. The last thing we want is for everyone in WMMA to feel they will not be able to compete if they do not do roids to the level they are basically a man. That will literally be the death of WMMA (which many want anyway) as no one wants to watch fake men fighting badly like weaker men.

It's not really about steroids though, it's just that Cyborg is an ugly Brazilian. If she was a pretty American she would have had her division in the UFC before Ronda and have a shit load of fans.

The same people who go into Cyborg threads to cry about steroids will go to a Chael/Jones /Anderson/Brock/Vitor thread and cheer them on. It's not about steroids, it's just a convenient excuse for them to use to hate on her. The hypocrisy is strong in them but they don't really care.
How can I like this post 100 times?

People hate winners, it's as simple as that. The steroid thing is just an excuse. The haters will come up with any excuse, no matter how trivial to bash Cyborg. They can keep hating, and the Borg will keep winning.

Some people like roided up shemales and some don't.

I think much of the backlash is due to optics. She's taken so much testosterone that she neither looks nor sounds like a woman. On some level I like Cyborg, but I also recognize there's a problem with having a woman who's taken so much gear that her appearance and voice have been permanently altered, and allowing her to smash seemingly natural women.

As for the "everyone does it" argument, that's just a lazy and factually inaccurate statement formulated to support your preconceived conclusion.

I only hate how arrogant her fans are about her being the "clear best female fighter" when she has such a lacking resume to back it up. I've never seen any male (or female) fighter hyped beyond their resume to this extent based solely on how good she looks beating low level comp.

I think much of the backlash is due to optics. She's taken so much testosterone that she neither looks nor sounds like a woman. On some level I like Cyborg, but I also recognize there's a problem with having a woman who's taken so much gear that her appearance and voice have been permanently altered, and allowing her to smash seemingly natural women.

As for the "everyone does it" argument, that's just a lazy and factually inaccurate statement formulated to support your preconceived conclusion.
Cyborg has looked the same her entire life. Her face and jaw line is the same with no changes.

Completely ignore the cheating, she's still fucking terrible. Name anyone else in the history of the sport who whined for a higher division forever then turned down the inaugural title fight because making weight in 2 months was too hard.
Not only did she turn down that fight, but she was then posting videos of her weight lifting and then got flagged by USADA. That's a damaging series of events. And I'm pretty sure it was all this year.

Its like, dude, all of ur favourite Fighters were on some stuff

it seems like anybody except her winstrol incident 10 years ago gets a pass but her.

all of the K-1 Heros were on peds, hug. aerts, Bernardo all of em
all the boxers like Tyson, Holyfield, etc were doped
we dont even need to talk about Pride and even modern days UFC ffs,
Anderson silva, vitor, chael, jones and on and on

every-fucking-body is on peds, from ur legends until ur modern day heroes.

cyborg is being fucking tested now, give her a break. she's a monster. get over it.
Last time someone said "deal with it" during a discussion about PEDS, it kinda turned out steroids were a factor.

Men artificially increasing their manliness is bad.

Woman artificially changing themselves, physically, into men is worse. Much, much worse. Anyone who tries to equate them is a complete tool. Present company excepted, I'm sure, though.

The only silver lining to this is I can accurately accuse you of being a Cyborg nut-hugger and apologist.

I only hate how arrogant her fans are about her being the "clear best female fighter" when she has such a lacking resume to back it up. I've never seen any male (or female) fighter hyped beyond their resume to this extent based solely on how good she looks beating low level comp.
Tate shit her shorts and ducked Cyborg out of fear after saying she WOULD fight her. You keep using that lame excuse but never acknowledge the ducking all these females are doing. You also thought Ronda would beat Cyborg, you don't know MMA.

Tate shit her shorts and ducked Cyborg out of fear after saying she WOULD fight her. You keep using that lame excuse but never acknowledge the ducking all these females are doing. You also thought Ronda would beat Cyborg, you don't know MMA.
Shut up with the "ducking", 135ers are not any more obligated to accommodate Cyborg (by going up to 145) than Cyborg is to accommodate them (by dropping to 135). Especially when they have better strength of schedules and resumes.

Between all the PED users I think the most hated fighters are Cyborg and Vitor when he was taking people's heads off with head kicks.

Back