The Cooper-Test

^ hahaha. That's pretty funny about the wingate test.

What you describe is a standard graded VO2max test performed on the cycle ergometer. It's a bit weird they'd have you do that without gas exchange equipment, kinda beats the purpose.

If I recall correctly you got 12 minutes to run as many laps you can?
We did this one during high school and I think I ended up right above 3k and I was, what I considered, in average shape for an 18 year old.
Anything above 3K is ecxellent for 18 years old. Check the chart.

Fuck I love Necro Bumps.

I remember doing this as a grade 7 and getting 6 laps.

I remember doing a "cooper run" for high school soccer tryouts. 2 miles in 12 min or less. Was a requirement to make the team.
In college they used a 3.5 miles in 24 minutes I think.

Never did the cooper Test, have done the beep test every year from grade 6-12. My best was 11.5 , we had some jackasses in our school who could hit 14's. All they did was run every day all week.

12 minute run? That was made for us as kids if I'm not mistaken. Try 12km now.

It is what you make it , you can blow the fucking doors off in 12 minutes if you want.

The 5k world record is 12 in change , that's a pretty badass " 12 minute run "......no ?

It is what you make it , you can blow the fucking doors off in 12 minutes if you want.

The 5k world record is 12 in change , that's a pretty badass " 12 minute run "......no ?
No. A 12 minute run is just a 12 minute run. If you are a competitor I'm sure you run 100km per week at te bare minimum.

Don't believe the adds. 12 min workouts won't do the trick.

No. A 12 minute run is just a 12 minute run. If you are a competitor I'm sure you run 100km per week at te bare minimum.

Don't believe the adds. 12 min workouts won't do the trick.

I'm not following you ? The 12 minute run is meant to be a gauge of fitness , not a training run. Who claimed that it was ?

It doesn't matter if you're a fat 46 year old , or a 29 year old olympic class marathon runner. If you run a cooper test to the max of your ability it'll be difficult and will give you a data point.....the end . What's being a kid or not got to do with it?

Back