Television THE BOYS (Season 4 Teaser Trailer, post #3575)

If you have seen THE BOYS Season 3, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Probably won't see the first episode until tomorrow. Fucking work:( Tapping out of this thread until then.

I'm more excited for this than some of the MCU Phase 4 movies - yes, looking at you Thor: Love and Thunder:rolleyes:

First episode was great. Can't wait to watch the rest.

I will be binging tonight after work and walking the dogs

First episode was great. Can't wait to watch the rest.

Fuck it. I have to ask one question,

In one of the trailers, there's a scene that appears to show a child's doll is floating on floodwater. Is this a reference to Stormfront destroying the levies so the flooding during Hurricane Katrina would free up valuable real estate for Vought?

So it looks like they are releasing this one episode a week? Why?

Edit: Never mind looks like it was all released. In the middle of another show. I'll watch this after looks great.

first 5 really good

not marvels daredevil but still very good in my opinion

(would rank number 2 from comic book shows what i have watched after daredevil)

I really really don't like superhero films, so I am enjoying this so far (binged to ep 6).

Cautiously optimistically cautious about this one.

I wasn't blown away by the comic, besides the premise which is great (though both Watchmen and The Authority kind of predates it).

Felt like bog standard Garth Ennis fare. A bit uninspired as far as the actual execution went, even though Ennis is entertaining even on autopilot.

I think the story lends itself well to television though, as long as the writers and directors have the balls to not dilute the subject matter.

Problem is, I don't think they will have the balls.

Great casting in Karl Urban though.

Cautiously optimistically cautious about this one.

I wasn't blown away by the comic, besides the premise which is great (though both Sandman and The Authority kind of predates it).

Felt like bog standard Garth Ennis fare. A bit uninspired as far as the actual execution went, even though Ennis is entertaining even on autopilot.

I think the story lends itself well to television though, as long as the writers and directors have the balls to not dilute the subject matter.

Problem is, I don't think they will have the balls.

Great casting in Karl Urban though.

they tone down the "ridiculous violence/bad things" that ennis likes to do but they keep it violent and they do have balls,

for me its number 2 comic book show after daredevil (very close to it btw)

I’m a few minutes into the first episode and bam Simon Pegg pops in it. How’s he gonna be in it but not the main character? The role was written with him in mind.

I've been waiting for this one. I haven't read the book but I like the Premise. I'll be watching it.

<mma4>

Seriously, they had me at Karl Urban.
The guy is the reverse Mila Jovovich. Looks like crap but Urban is in it? It's probably good. Looks good but Mila is in it? It's shit.

lol, well put both of you! He's one of my fav actors, hope he gets to do a Dredd Series. Nice to see Elisabeth Shue back on screen too, one of biggest 80's/90's crushes. Still very much wood!

I just watched the first episode, fucking love it so far, that's how it's done! I figured I was fed up with the nihilistic approach that so many mediums have taken, but when something's good, it really doesn't matter what the tone is. This is great dark comedy, with some intrigue! I'm also really liking the cast so far!

There was already a good little twist at the end
Homeland being a bad guy too. I was hoping there would be a boy scout Superman/Capt America type, but I guess Starlight can be that. I like her character. Also very much wood, despite the busted grill.

I'm usually a "stick to the source material" kinda guy, but I'm really not minding a lot of the changes so far. The deep and A-Train are much better characters in the show than in the comics, I think. Homelander is fucking perfect.

Spoilers from the comic book version below. Do not read if you havent read the comics:

I wish they would have kept the team dynamic of the comic books though. I dont really think that MM and Frenchie hating eachother really brings anything to the show. I preferred the relationship between The Boys in the comic.

Also; do you think they cast Black Noir as a black guy to hide the clone twist?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back