The Boxing World Hates Floyd...Why does Everybody Here Love Him?

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This isnt even a Boxing site. Its an MMA site for MMA fans and here we have like 90% pro Floyd talk.

Such a mystery Floyd has so many new fans here. Lol

Wtf are you on bout mate? I'm pretty sure people here are just no stupid enough to think Donor has a real chance. As for the boxing world, it depends on were you stand, although Floyd as a human being is a massive douchebag at the very least.

I dislike both of them. That doesn't factor into who I think will win.

Well it makes sense, Conor rustled so many people on here they turn to his next opponent as a saviour.

I dislike both of them. That doesn't factor into who I think will win.

I don't think Conors going to win. He will do better then Kellerman and dudes here give him credit for but....naw...he aint gonna win. Its almost impossible. Floyds defense and clock management is too good.

I've been supporting Floyd for a longtime, was and still a boxing fan before I even got into mma properly which was around 2004.

So that's why I'm supporting Floyd.
If I was a neutral and an mma fan, I'd be probably support Floyd more because Floyd/Conor is a mismatch and Conor has been holding up the divisions for the last 2 years.

I don't think Conors going to win. He will do better then Kellerman and dudes here give him credit for but....naw...he aint gonna win. Its almost impossible. Floyds defense and clock management is too good.
I think Conor will land a fair amount of shots to the body or shoulder, but I'd be surprised if he can land flush on Floyd's head.

Conor will be 100% out of gas by mid 5th round and from then on it'll be a matter of time before the TKO comes. Despite popular belief, Floyd can drop people with a good counter/combo (especially if they're gassed). By the 8-9th the ref will stop the fight.

No emotions involved. Just the most logical outcome imo.

I think Conor will land a fair amount of shots to the body or shoulder, but I'd be surprised if he can land flush on Floyd's head.

Conor will be 100% out of gas by mid 5th round and from then on it'll be a matter of time before the TKO comes. Despite popular belief, Floyd can drop people with a good counter/combo (especially if they're gassed). By the 8-9th the ref will stop the fight.

No emotions involved. Just the most logical outcome imo.

I don't think hes going to gas. I don't think hes going to throw punches just to throw them. MMA is some serious cardio shit. I think maybe he will take damage AND be getting tired BUT I don't think hes going to straight gas from throwing punches in 12 rounds.

If Floyd senses him slowing and he becomes aggressive, he can put the combos together to fold Conor. If Floyd never becomes aggressive though I don't think Conor tires. Its going to take damage.

Floyd has ALLOT of haters (mainly crazy Manny fans and UFC just bleed fans) but he also has ALLOT of fans. The guy was voted fighter of the year at the Espy's like 6 times

I don't think hes going to gas. I don't think hes going to throw punches just to throw them. MMA is some serious cardio shit. I think maybe he will take damage AND be getting tired BUT I don't think hes going to straight gas from throwing punches in 12 rounds.

If Floyd senses him slowing and he becomes aggressive, he can put the combos together to fold Conor. If Floyd never becomes aggressive though I don't think Conor tires. Its going to take damage.
I agree with you on most of your points but disagree on a few others. Here is how I see it.

1) The draining part of cardio in MMA is grappling and clinch work. Two things that Conor rarely encounters in his fights. Conor has gassed in the two Diaz fights before any grappling exchanges. Thus, it is likely that in the same 10-15 minute time frame with heavier gloves and a faster pace than Nate's, Floyd will get Conor to gas.

2) While Conor will not throw for the sake of throwing, he also cannot afford to be conservative with his punches. His best chance will be to be aggressive early on, as landing a counter on Floyd is nearly impossible.

3) Floyd will, and has in other fights, spent a lot of time digging into the body of of his opponent which will drain that gas tank even faster.

4) Floyd is very good at landing quick ,but effective, shots while moving backwards. This has become his staple in the eyes of many. This will neutralize the danger of Conor's pull counter while still piling on damage and pushing the pace.

That is how I see it anyway. I don't see a scenario where Conor doesn't gas personally. Through my experience while MMA can be exhausting, the stand up is actually not that bad. The damage in the clinch (knees, elbow, takedowns, slams) is what kills your cardio. In boxing the stand up is much faster pace since there is no danger of kicks and a closer range to work with.

If Conor underestimates boxing's toll on his cardio then he will shrink his chances of victory even further. But hey, I could be wrong. You never know until fight night

This isnt even a Boxing site. Its an MMA site for MMA fans and here we have like 90% pro Floyd talk.

Such a mystery Floyd has so many new fans here. Lol
because for them being white and successful is a worse crime than being a woman beater

because for them being white and successful is a worse crime than being a woman beater
...a bit extreme there buddy.

It's mainly nostalgia. A lot of these guys grew up with boxing, or trained boxing for years. Nobody likes people shitting on their childhood/effort.

Both Conor and Floyd have their faults that cause people to hate them. Floyd's are just much much worse.

Floyd may be the best boxer of all time. You should not be surprised that he has so many fans. Many of us follow boxing and MMA (and wrestling), and I think a lot of us boxed to one degree or another. You should youtube about Mayweather. He is a special athlete and under-appreciated if not underpaid.

Once again, just because people recognize that Floyd has a 99.9% chance of winning doesn't mean they are actually 'fans' of him.

Floyd may be the best boxer of all time. You should not be surprised that he has so many fans. Many of us follow boxing and MMA (and wrestling), and I think a lot of us boxed to one degree or another. You should youtube about Mayweather. He is a special athlete and under-appreciated if not underpaid.

Underpaid? WTF. He'd be overpaid, if anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back