The addiction/depression thread.

First of all - stay away from cocaine or any form of illegal drugs,

It will just ruin your mind and ruin your relationships with your friends and families.

2nd - if you're using it, stop it asap.

There are more this world than that stupid drugs.

Girls, beers, family and friends are better than that stupid drugs.

Better stop before it's too late.

I'm trying man.

Just a quick check in.

I'm doing better now. Taking it day by day. Got through yesterday and actually felt good for a few hours in the afternoon.

Staying with my parents for at least a few days - wednesday or thursday - as I'm having a hard time being alone right now.

All I can say is that even the people you think you have good relationship with, invested feelings and friendship can turn on you and throw that in your face.

Won't get in to details but I broke down saturday afternoon. I was feeling down because of the events of Thursday and Friday but managing. I went to the bank to do some business and then stopped to eat. On my way back home I just broke down crying and could not stop.

I got home and tried to calm down but could not and my mind was racing and this intense loneliness hit me and my mind just keep telling me that the only way to end that despair.

I was able to snap out of that mindset for long enough to call my mom and then she contacted my sister who happened to be in the city and she came and got me.

Gotta go see my doctor again and get in to some CBT.

When you're down you really know who is there for you - I'm thankful for all the people in my life that showed me that there is goodness in the world.

Peace out for a bit sherdog and mayberry.
I've been there and its tough. Thru it all, the main things i took away from all of it is people do care about regardless of whatever suicidal rationalization your head comes up with and taking yourself out would do irreversible damage to them.

I've been getting to the gym regularly again, we have some new students and I've been helping teach class the last month or so . Went to war with one of our fighters in sparring last night too which was pretty fun.

It's helped a lot with my sleep and overall mental state but I have lingering injuries I've been ignoring so I'm in pain all the time because I don't want to take the time off to heal.

I'll take physical pain over emotional any day so I'm just dealing with it for now.

Hope you sherbros are hanging in there and making forward progress.

Have you tried CBD oil.

It's helping me alot - with the everyday, all day, background anxiety.
I got enrolled in it but never made it to a session. Then my life took a nose dive about a year ago and i ended up in mh facilities twice in 3 months and had 12 ect sessions (with pretty good results)

I got enrolled in it but never made it to a session. Then my life took a nose dive about a year ago and i ended up in mh facilities twice in 3 months and had 12 ect sessions (with pretty good results)
not CBT (not therapy) but the cannabis oil.

I've had a long enduring rollercoaster ride with depression since I was in my preteens. I was really down in the dumps after my breakup with my ex last year but I haven't felt particularly depressed in awhile recently.

The secret is to constantly work on small goals everyday. For me it's working out and Spanish. My head is filled with what I'm going to do for my next workout as opposed to negative shit about myself.
There is a nagging feeling that this is all just a distraction but perhaps life is a distraction. You gotta be too busy with life to worry about the other shit. I also think it's important to find affirmation from yourself, and not others. You have to believe you are amazing and deserving of love but that also comes partly from constantly building towards something.

I also think it's important to find affirmation from yourself, and not others. You have to believe you are amazing and deserving of love but that also comes partly from constantly building towards something.
This is the hardest part especially when you're always the one putting yourself out there to almost always be on the short end.

Been reading this thread for a while now since it was started and thought I should share my own experience regarding at least depression.

I have been depressed for some time now (more than a decade) and suicidal for the last few of those years. I see my life as a complete waste of time and not worth living. I had made an attempt at killing myself recently, but failed. I still think that at some point I will kill myself, but for now I did open up to my GP about my issues and in addition to various medications (for anxiety, insomnia, depression) I am also started counselling. Not sure if that will help but I'll at least try.

Been reading this thread for a while now since it was started and thought I should share my own experience regarding at least depression.

I have been depressed for some time now (more than a decade) and suicidal for the last few of those years. I see my life as a complete waste of time and not worth living. I had made an attempt at killing myself recently, but failed. I still think that at some point I will kill myself, but for now I did open up to my GP about my issues and in addition to various medications (for anxiety, insomnia, depression) I am also started counselling. Not sure if that will help but I'll at least try.
It sounds like you are on the right path! It can't make anything worse so here's hoping you get better.

Have you tried CBD oil.

It's helping me alot - with the everyday, all day, background anxiety.

I'm going to have to try CBD. I've basically quit cocaine completely. It was just way too easy to justify dropping as much money as I was on it.

I've been doing shrooms considerably more but I really feel a lasting positive effect from them.

Keep at it buddy.

Don't forget to exercise and eat right, those two things will do wonders for your brain chemistry besides the other health benefits.

I've been where you're at before, feeling like life is pointless and not worth living. Here's something to consider...

Try using some of your time and energy to enrich the lives of others in some way. This can bring some purpose into your life which is very important. It's almost impossible to feel like your life is pointless if you know you're helping other people in some way.

IMO it's not surprising people get depressed and feel life is pointless when they're living 100% for themselves. Not saying that's what you're doing, just a general observation. If your only goal is to feel good/make yourself happy you'll always be chasing and never feel content.

Make sure you're taking the time to appreciate the good things you do have in your life. I promise they're there if you look for them.

It's great that you're starting counseling. The right therapist can make a big difference. Just make sure you're as honest as possible and acknowledge them as the expert they are and be open to suggestions. Sometimes we need to get to the point where we're so uncomfortable we're willing to try anything to feel better.

Check out this video:

Hang in there sherbro.

That is a rough feeling.

My sleep is getting better but prior to my breakdown last saturday I was just very overwhelmed with exhaustion (mental and physical).

I'd gotten to the point where I just let all the stress get to me and I wasn't maintaining anything. Forgetting to take my meds, drinking too much, staying up way too late because I'm ALWAYS restless. Trying and failing to escape constant poverty while working two jobs, pinching pennies but still feeling bad because it feels like I'm not doing enough, etc. Its like when the anxiety gets too strong all the things I have to do and deal with hit me at once, and it feels like far more than I could ever handle. Even if I was the person I wanted to be, and not the miserable piece of shit I actually am. Or feel like anyway.

But yeah back on my meds and slowly trying to reorder everything again.

bro how much money do you have saved up? Please, before you attempt to harm yourself again, buy a 1000cc sportbike. It may sound stupid but no shit I dare you to get one a bike and not smile. take a week or shit a month off work and hone in your riding abilities and then hit some backroads.

have you ever experienced MDMA? hit up the darkweb and buy some and take a hefty dose.

try both of those before you do anything. please. I'm not going to say it will instantly make everything go away, but it may be the spark that ignites the beauty of life showing its self to you.

there was a time not too long ago where I was standing on a ledge, literally not figuratively. Makes me want to cry now thinking about what I would have missed out on.

Damn man I'm sorry to hear that, but welcome to the party pal. Meds and therapy are no magic bullet but they do help. It can take about a month to adjust to new meds, so don't be surprised if they don't help right away.

Don't know if your a drinker but try to keep your alcohol consumption low for now, it can really fuck with antidepressants. Best of luck, and please keep us updated on how your doing.

Keep at it buddy.

Don't forget to exercise and eat right, those two things will do wonders for your brain chemistry besides the other health benefits.

I've been where you're at before, feeling like life is pointless and not worth living. Here's something to consider...

Try using some of your time and energy to enrich the lives of others in some way. This can bring some purpose into your life which is very important. It's almost impossible to feel like your life is pointless if you know you're helping other people in some way.

IMO it's not surprising people get depressed and feel life is pointless when they're living 100% for themselves. Not saying that's what you're doing, just a general observation. If your only goal is to feel good/make yourself happy you'll always be chasing and never feel content.

Make sure you're taking the time to appreciate the good things you do have in your life. I promise they're there if you look for them.

It's great that you're starting counseling. The right therapist can make a big difference. Just make sure you're as honest as possible and acknowledge them as the expert they are and be open to suggestions. Sometimes we need to get to the point where we're so uncomfortable we're willing to try anything to feel better.

Check out this video:

Hang in there sherbro.

Sound advice, thanks. Regarding the video, I think that medication can help bring somebody around to deal with their issues.

bro how much money do you have saved up? Please, before you attempt to harm yourself again, buy a 1000cc sportbike. It may sound stupid but no shit I dare you to get one a bike and not smile. take a week or shit a month off work and hone in your riding abilities and then hit some backroads.

have you ever experienced MDMA? hit up the darkweb and buy some and take a hefty dose.

try both of those before you do anything. please. I'm not going to say it will instantly make everything go away, but it may be the spark that ignites the beauty of life showing its self to you.

there was a time not too long ago where I was standing on a ledge, literally not figuratively. Makes me want to cry now thinking about what I would have missed out on.

I for one am really glad you stuck around buddy.

You're on to something here. You're obviously passionate about riding sport bikes because of the feeling it gives you. Finding something you're passionate about can be a tremendous asset when dealing with depression.

Of course anyone who's dealt with depression also knows that it can cause you to lose your passion for things you used to absolutely love. But forcing yourself to do those things even when you're really down can help pull you out.

I remember being at my worst and forcing myself to go to my BJJ and MT classes even when I was so anxious and depressed that just the thought of walking into the gym made my palms sweat. I ALWAYS felt better afterwards. Sometimes only a tiny bit, but other times I'd have a great sparring session or manage to sub a higher belt than me and I'd be on top of the world, even if it that feeling only lasted an hour or two before starting to feel depressed again.

That's awesome you've found something that provides some relief.

I think it's important to keep forcing yourself to do the things you used to love to do when you weren't depressed. What I've found is that if you keep at it, you'll eventually start to notice brief periods, sometimes only lasting for a minute or two, but where you kind of feel like yourself again. Pay attention to those moments, be conscious of them and keep looking for them.

I've found that when I'm not being a stubborn self-loathing piece of shit and actually forcing myself to do the things I should be doing and keep looking for those little moments where I feel better, they start to happen more and more often.

Not enough to spend on one of those.;) But I hear you regarding doing fun activities. That is tough though considering how little makes me happy compared to before. As for drugs those have been a no-no for me for some time and would not be wise for me to do with the meds I am now on.

Damn man I'm sorry to hear that, but welcome to the party pal. Meds and therapy are no magic bullet but they do help. It can take about a month to adjust to new meds, so don't be surprised if they don't help right away.

Don't know if your a drinker but try to keep your alcohol consumption low for now, it can really fuck with antidepressants. Best of luck, and please keep us updated on how your doing.

I have been told they take up to 6 weeks and that's if they even work. I am hopeful that they will have some positive effect. Not a drinker, so no worries there. Will keep you guys up to date in addition to hearing how you are all doing.

Back