The 90s was Depressing

I remember the 80s and 90s. 90s sucked except for wrestling and salute your shorts. Things suck worse now though.

Unprecedented economic growth
Internet was new
Gangsta rap was actually good
Grunge music
GOAT sitcoms(Seinfeld, Simpsons, etc)
Better sex symbols(Pam, Jenny, Carmem, etc)
Peak George Carlin
SJW's didn't ruin everything
MJ's Bulls
Sosa/Big Mac
Monday Night Wars in wrestling
Tom Hanks killing the box office

...yeah, what a shitty time to be alive.

It hadnt taken over yet, but it was still there, and it was new, exciting and had a great feel about it especially online computer gaming in the late 90s. So it was there and awesome but hadn't taken over yet. That's what makes the 90s so awesome

Yeah, I'll agree with that. I was quite excited about the Internet at the time, when I was still naive about the ways that it would infect society at the root and come to dominate everything. These days you can't get away from it even if you want to.

The most important thing about the 90s is that the Internet and technology had not yet taken over the world.

Just for that reason, I'd go back if I could.

This.

Plus, the acid was really good. And coming of age on acid in the late 90's was just the bees knees.

Unprecedented economic growth
Internet was new
Gangsta rap was actually good
Grunge music
GOAT sitcoms(Seinfeld, Simpsons, etc)
Better sex symbols(Pam, Jenny, Carmem, etc)
Peak George Carlin
SJW's didn't ruin everything
MJ's Bulls
Sosa/Big Mac
Monday Night Wars in wrestling
Tom Hanks killing the box office

...yeah, what a shitty time to be alive.

Bam and Jenny. Naw fake barbies. PC was still a thing but more a college only thing.

Internet is alot better today.

Dot.com Bubble bust did happen and alot of people lost money.

Sosa and Mac was cool.

King's Heat was just as cool but now as good.

GG was not my style but Eddie Griffen was my man.

Music is a young mans thing.

Yeah, those that suggest otherwise just didn't experience the 80's.

Just look at the cultural comparisons,

80's
Action film peak
Rap,
New romantic,
Metal,
Michael Jackson.

90's
Reinvention of already established genres in cult films.
Boy and girl bands,
Dance music,
Grunge.
90's wrecks 80's in television.
Bam and Jenny. Naw fake barbies. PC was still a thing but more a college only thing.

Internet is alot better today.

Dot.com Bubble bust did happen and alot of people lost money.

Sosa and Mac was cool.

King's Heat was just as cool but now as good.

GG was not my style but Eddie Griffen was my man.

Music is a young mans thing.
Society was a better place before everyone had their face shoved in a smartphone IMO.

Lebron is not in the same galaxy as MJ.

.com burst wasn't until very end of decade.

Carlin is the GOAT, and IMO his very best work was in the 90's.

90's wrecks 80's in television.

Society was a better place before everyone had their face shoved in a smartphone IMO.

Lebron is not in the same galaxy as MJ.

.com burst wasn't until very end of decade.

Carlin is the GOAT, and IMO his very best work was in the 90's.

Yeah just read that the dot.com was in the early 00s. so i stand corrected.

Lebron is going down as a Great.

90s tv was good but 2 shows ran it, Sienfeild and Friends. 80s has Five company,full house,Married with children, cobsy.

Socetiy not looking at there phone 24/7 was a good thing.

Yeah just read that the dot.com was in the early 00s. so i stand corrected.

Lebron is going down as a Great.

90s tv was good but 2 shows ran it, Sienfeild and Friends. 80s has Five company,full house,Married with children, cobsy.

Socetiy not looking at there phone 24/7 was a good thing.
As far tv, I don't see any other decade that's even close:

Seinfeld
Martin
Frasier
Simpsons
King of the Hill
best SNL years
Friends
Home Improvement
Duckman
Law and Order
Northern Exposure
In Living Color
Coach
Wonder Years
Baywatch
Married with Children
Ren and Stimpy
Beavis and Butthead
Rugrats
Doug
The Critic

Lets think about this for a second. There been alot of 90s thread latey and everybody talking bout how great they was and I am class of 96. But let look at it.

Music was ran by sad depressing shit like Nervana?, the cranberries, in the early and bitter sweet simphoknee, sublime, and other in the mid late 90s.

the ecomeny was ok but race crimes like King,OJ, Riots and dragging a dude til his head off was still going on.

Noe the late 90s starting to wash all that away with bright colors and pop groups, it still had this sad meanlingless feel to like this was the best its ever gonna it like the Matrix said.

Class of 96 here too bruv. I would agree but I was so high the whole time I really can't remember.

giphy.gif

Ok...simphoknee

Simph-o-knee. its like a big band with old school Basses and stings. there is normally a dude giving directions with a little stick in front. Mystro.

As far tv, I don't see any other decade that's even close:

Seinfeld
Martin
Frasier
Simpsons
King of the Hill
best SNL years
Friends
Home Improvement
Duckman
Law and Order
Northern Exposure
In Living Color
Coach
Wonder Years
Baywatch
Married with Children
Ren and Stimpy
Beavis and Butthead
Rugrats
Doug
The Critic

Duckman? do you mean duck tales?

But some of shows werent my thing like Ren and stimpy and bevies and butthead and coach, SNL always thrash, and the critic wasnt as funny as Bobs Burger.

90s had some good show but the cosby was better than all them

the 90s WERE depressing, jesus its basic english god damn it
'90s was' sounds correct to me because I think of the 90s as a singular decade or era. I suppose 'were' works also if you think of it as 10 years.

Duckman? do you mean duck tales?

But some of shows werent my thing like Ren and stimpy and bevies and butthead and coach, SNL always thrash, and the critic wasnt as funny as Bobs Burger.

90s had some good show but the cosby was better than all them

90s were the GOAT and I know it might seem like I'm biased but I'm really not. Society was objectively better in the 90s. How do I know this? Because I didn't have to spend half my life locked into a device in order to conform as a social being

Also consider the political climate. Yeah there was the Clinton impeachment but there wasn't the level of vitriol that exists today which actually has reasonable thinkers considering the potential for significant civil unrest if not eventual civil war. The idea of that would've made for a sketch on SNL in the 90s

I liked the 90s, music was great, booze was cheap, I was young and could get away with a lot.

Didn't have to worry about getting shot if a disagreement arose - a few fists thrown between 2 people and that was that (nowadays you're gonna get jumped by large groups, suckered punched, shot or stabbed).

Oh yeah, did I mention I was young.

Back